There Will Apparently Be a New Medal of Honor, and it Will Apparently Be Called 'Warfighter'

• 138 results
#51 Posted by coribald (311 posts) -

MoH: Bad Guy Shooter

#52 Posted by SimplyTron (77 posts) -

Ugh. Does Patrick have the day off or something? Come on.

#53 Posted by ptys (1925 posts) -

Well fair enough although I think the military shooter is done and dusted, they just haven't realised yet cause those things still sell like hotcakes but I'd say the drop in sales is just around the corner.

#54 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Apparently? Come on Alex, we've known this for a while.

Big ol' ad in the BF3 box.

It can't be any worse than the multiplayer that was made by people who actually know how to make a good multiplayer shooter.

#55 Posted by DutchElvis92 (11 posts) -
@DangerousDoctor I was just about to clarify that. You beat me to it.
Soldier refers to a member of the Army in DoD jargon. Airman for the Air Force, Sailor for the Navy, Marine for the Marine Corps.
#56 Posted by Superfriend (1540 posts) -

They should use the BEARD engine for this game. If it can power Splosion Man, it can power the awesome beards of tier one dudes in Afghanistan too!

#57 Posted by Aas (603 posts) -

I just finished the first game and it ends with the words "this isn't the end", so yeah; a sequel seems pretty obvious.

#58 Posted by Shensai (40 posts) -

But is it modern warfighter?

#59 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

@SimplyTron said:

What are you babbling about little kid?

#60 Posted by Scodiac (470 posts) -

@Aas said:

I just finished the first game and it ends with the words "this isn't the end", so yeah; a sequel seems pretty obvious.

I thought that last cinematic implied that they we're hunting Bin Laden in Pakistan. That's what I though this sequel would be but since he was actually assassinated since then I don't know if they'll do it or not.

#61 Posted by evilrazer (480 posts) -

No thank you sir, I will pass on that one. I had already wasted $50 for MOH, well actually it was all about BF3 Beta...

#62 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

I thought the last MOH was OK. I'd grab this one, on the cheap.

#63 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

This is what we need.

#64 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

I knew this was an Alex headline when I saw the second "apparently".

#65 Posted by Aas (603 posts) -

@Scodiac said:

@Aas said:

I thought that last cinematic implied that they we're hunting Bin Laden in Pakistan. That's what I though this sequel would be but since he was actually assassinated since then I don't know if they'll do it or not.

I would imagine now that it happened they would be even more inclined to tell the story. The events in the first game were based on real-life events, why not the second?

#66 Posted by BasketSnake (1184 posts) -

Tier One Operator huh?

#67 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Another modern warfare FPS. No thanks.

#68 Edited by Scodiac (470 posts) -

@Aas said:

@Scodiac said:

@Aas said:

I would imagine now that it happened they would be even more inclined to tell the story. The events in the first game were based on real-life events, why not the second?

True. I guess they faced the same controversy of creating a war game based on very recent events with their first game. If they can pull it off well it'd be great. It'll get some time on FOX News if it gets around that you actually hunt and kill Osama Bid Laden in the game.

#69 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

So this is the prequel to Advanced Warfighter, right?

#70 Posted by Aas (603 posts) -

@Scodiac said:

@Aas said:

@Scodiac said:

@Aas said:

True. I guess they faced the same controversy of creating a war game based on very recent events with their first game.

I thought the controversy stemmed from the fact that you could play as the Taliban in multiplayer? (which they changed before release)

#71 Posted by McBEEF (360 posts) -

Actually kind of excited for this-enjoyed the first one a lot more than I thought I would

#72 Posted by TheHBK (5471 posts) -

@LiquidSwords said:

@SimplyTron said:

What are you babbling about little kid?

I was thinking the same thing, no Patrick or what?

#73 Posted by Scodiac (470 posts) -

@Aas said:

@Scodiac said:

@Aas said:

@Scodiac said:

@Aas said:

True. I guess they faced the same controversy of creating a war game based on very recent events with their first game.

I thought the controversy stemmed from the fact that you could play as the Taliban in multiplayer? (which they changed before release)

Yeah, that was part of it. Creating a game about a war that is still happening or is very recent like the cancelled "6 Days in Falujjah" seems to bring on much more controversy than say a WWII or a fictional war game.

#74 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

They should have called it Doorfighter instead. Just because.

#75 Posted by TheGorilla (230 posts) -

The reboot had some mildly interesting things going for it. It wasn't a great game but I like that Danger Close is getting another shot.

#76 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I will only play this if there is a QTE where you dump Bin Laden's body into the ocean.

#77 Posted by tourgen (4458 posts) -

Warfighter is a super dumb term. So probably a pretty good subtitle for this game.

#78 Posted by Koobz (370 posts) -

@tourgen said:

Warfighter is a super dumb term. So probably a pretty good subtitle for this game.

#79 Edited by LTSmash (613 posts) -

I guess "warfighter" is one of those terms that has yet to catch on with the general public. It seems like an odd choice to name a game in which you play as an elite soldier with a term intended to be as general as possible, (from what little I've read) referring to anyone in the American military.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-warfighter.htm

#80 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

So people in the military fight wars? I think the next EA football game should be called Madden 13: Football Passer and maybe then they could have NASCAR: Car Driver.

#81 Edited by Hef (1110 posts) -

First Person Shooter: Shoot lots of Guns would have been more original.

#82 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

I really liked 2010's Medal of Honor's Combat Mission MP mode. T'is a bit like American Football with guns. Guess that's why it's still somewhat active online. Hopefully they'll push that aspect more.

Overall - I thought it was a pretty solid package and I was well entertained for two SP playthroughs and like 40 hours of MP. Make Warfighter bigger and better and more badass - and I might just give it a shoot.

#83 Posted by ArcLyte (883 posts) -

DO NOT WANT

#84 Posted by Gunharp (337 posts) -

@Eribuster said:

@Hailinel said:

So development of the multiplayer is being handled by the same developer as the Medal of Honor single-player that was pretty much universally reviled? What could possibly go wrong?

Universally? Personally, the single-player was the most interesting bit of Medal of Honor (2010). And even then it was still a scripted corridor.

It's nice that Danger Close has another chance at making a game because I really liked some of the things in Medal of Honor (2010). I know this has little chance of coming true, but I hope they take Warfighter more in the direction of tactical simulators like the old Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon games. I really want Danger Close to make good on their mission to deliver an "authentic" military-themed experience. Medal of Honor (2010) still felt a bit too silly at times.

Also, as Danger Close is using Frostbite 2.0, I hope they tone down all the god damn lens flare and lighting effects.

You know even Killzone 3 had an operator heavy mission that felt like it was straight out of MoH, haha. My friends and I enjoyed the campaign as well and a bit of the multiplayer. It was not universally reviled at all.

I am looking forward to what Danger Close is developing, despite the boring title. I also wonder how not using the Unreal Engine has changed the design of their game. I'm with you I would really like, specifically, Rainbow Six 3 type multiplayer again. Probably the best shooter for firearm nerds still.

Rabbit, Never Forget.

#85 Posted by Red Rum (16 posts) -

"I was promised war-fighting, not war-casual-brunching!"

#86 Posted by Frumpa (100 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

War of Dutiful Modern Fighting Combatfield Unleashed: Wrath of Reckoning.

You've gotta fit Storm in there somewhere ! ;)

#87 Posted by Frumpa (100 posts) -

@GreggD said:

I don't get how "Warfighter" is any worse than say, "Modern Warfare".

If you need this explained to you, theres no help for you.

#88 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

BulletShooter.
TeenWhinyVoiceCommunicationTool
GetMeMyChocolateMilkBITCH
InsultController

#89 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Medal of Duty

#90 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

Anyone got the clip from that Podcast where they talked about all the dumb website regestrations for Medal of Honer, such as War Fighter. I beleve it may be another "Ill eat my hat" things

#91 Posted by Mumrik (1077 posts) -

Medal of Honor: Simple Warfighter?

#92 Posted by YukoAsho (2014 posts) -

@TheGorilla said:

The reboot had some mildly interesting things going for it. It wasn't a great game but I like that Danger Close is getting another shot.

Yeah, for all the faults that game had, I appreciated the more somber tone. Hopefully now that Battlefield is out and apparently successful, EA will let Danger Close experiment with more dramatic storytelling. That was ONE thing I enjoyed about MoH 2010.

#93 Posted by Scodiac (470 posts) -

@SeriouslyNow said:

BulletShooter. TeenWhinyVoiceCommunicationTool GetMeMyChocolateMilkBITCH InsultController

SeriouslyUnfunnyForever.

#94 Posted by MasterBrief (181 posts) -

hopefully they fix up the singleplayer a bit hope the campaign is still as good little less cookie-cutter though

#95 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Scodiac said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

BulletShooter. TeenWhinyVoiceCommunicationTool GetMeMyChocolateMilkBITCH InsultController

SeriouslyUnfunnyForever.

MOH : ConscientiousObjector.
MOH : OccupyBasement
MOH : NeckBeard
#96 Posted by aseddon130 (63 posts) -

so will this 'Warfighter' be Advanced?

Generic title much?

#97 Posted by Subjugation (4719 posts) -

No thanks, BF3 is what we wanted.

#98 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

Disappointed that bad company 3 isn't EA's answer to the "Treyarch" years between BF3 and BF4.

#99 Edited by Rekt_Hed (847 posts) -

Big Boss Vinny says ' But why? '

#100 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I like how Alex makes things apparent, and doubly so.

At least DICE won't be spread thin between it and what they're working on now; be it maintaining and updating BF3, building a successor to 2142, or pitching Mirror's Edge 2 for the billionth time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.