Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

Am I the only one enjoying the multiplayer?

t0mpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By t0mpa

I just came off a binge playing since way past when I should've gone to bed and I must say I'm really happy with the MP at first glance. 

Everyone is really harping on it and even though I can relate to some of the stuff that irks people you really have to take it for what it is. Basically this is the bastard child of MW and BFBC2, which I find really enjoyable. The frantic phase of most matches is very similar to MW/MW2 and you get the teamplaying aspects of BC2 without most vehicles (been tank/chopper raped enough so I find this to be a good thing. People can't drive.). The unlockables does seem quite meager at this point but I found myself using the guns I liked the most anyways, and the lack of double shotty sprint fags is heartening.  

Overall I'd say the experience was pretty brutal and refreshing. Twitch is essential since recoil is negligeble, and the ammount of rounds you take before you die is lower than the half clip sprays you had to put into people to kill em in BC2. No killcam was something I was worried about at first but after a while I realized that it really isn't necessary and actually improved my situational awareness, besides, the opponents doesn't get killcams either :D. Towards the later stages of my session I found myself in  a 1on1 with an opponent, I was in the middle of a reload so I desperately tried to lunge the 5 ft with the knife. He proceeded to paint the hut with my brains and I found myself grinning. Fuck you Commando, fuck you. 

One gripe though, the objective based map from the open beta, Shahikot mountain something something really suck ass with boring teams, since it almost always filled with snipers and the geography is pretty much one big choke point. The other maps was highly enjoyable though, a bit lackluster when playing TDM maybe. 

So, is anyone else enjoying the MP or am I completely alone?

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

I'm enjoying it but what is really pissing me off is Snipers. I move and bam I died. That is like the one time I want to really have a killcam. So, I know where that fucker is.
    Consaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Consaw

I would enjoy it more if the maps where a little more close quarters, It had some kind of kill cam and it didn't favor snipers so much. 

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

I love the flow of the MP like I said multiple times on these boards, however the lack of weapons and extremely limited progression unlocks are a very big downer for me personally.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By MildMolasses
    @JoeRiccadonna said:
    "I'm enjoying it but what is really pissing me off is Snipers. I move and bam I died. That is like the one time I want to really have a killcam. So, I know where that fucker is. "

I'm with you on that. The first match I played I would move a few metres and get dropped without any clue.  

My only real gripe is that the assault rifles are far to powerful and accurate from way too far away. It wasn't long before I realised that I was getting dropped by rifles from across the map, so then I had to start playing that way too, shooting at was was essentially a single moving pixle way off in the distance. 

scarletsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By scarletsnake

Snipers ruled the beta, and from what I remember, me and my buddy would go online, play for a minute, start swearing our heads off at spawn killers and snipers and exit, launch ARMA2: OA and have a blast.

Taborlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Taborlin

Fixing an already none existent commando isn't an achievement. :D

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Branthog

Here's the thing. Multiplayer in MoH isn't absolute shit. But when you have Modern Warfare and Battlefield, why would you play it? It's not as good as either of those, at all. Battlefield is like Dr Pepper, Modern Warfare is like Mountain Dew and MoH is like the Doctor Skipper knock off Safeway "President's Choice" brand. You can taste a little bit of the flavor that they're trying to replicate, but it's so off and flat that it doesn't satisfy. 

The only thing it contributes is the idea of those team-wide support perks, which are pretty nifty and I'd like to see in Battlefield.  

Also, the game is pretty much "spawn -- insta-die from 1) sniper or 2) one of eight hundred air-strike sorties". As much as Modern Warfare is smattered with that annoying shit, it never ends in MoH.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Donos

I definitely like the feel of the multiplayer on console, significantly more than I did on PC. The decrease in twitchable aiming makes snipers actually reasonably balanced. The problem I'm having, though, is that there's just no content there. In my first few hours of playing, I've finished everything the game has to offer. Sure, I could play mission mode again, but why? To throw a few more smoke grenades in the same places and avoid the same snipers and arm the same bombs? Or I could play on any of the other modes and just run around in circles shooting more people with the very few guns? All to earn points to unlock effectively nothing?

I know more content was added in BC2, but at least that game shipped with enough to be getting on with. With Medal of Honor, I'm probably going to sell the game before they release anything.

tskunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By tskunk

I figured out to enjoy this game's multiplayer, you actually have to become one of those annoying fucking snipers. I found it frustrating how either a marksman semi-automatic rifle or even a bolt-action sniper rifle is superior in CQB (close quarters battle) compared to shotguns/submachine guns/assault rifles. I'd unload 6 or 7 rounds from my MP-7 — one/two shot from their rifle and I am dead. Occaisonally I'd also kill my assailant as they killed me.

So I tried out the semi-automatic marksman rifles, and they are just plain overpowered at the moment. They fire nearly as fast as you can pull the trigger and 2 body shots/1 head shot = death. MoH also gives very little warning in terms of when you're under fire. In CoD and BF you know if someone just tried to take your head off and missed. The crack of a bullet flying by can't be missed. In MoH, I feel like those sound effects are muted (maybe I'm just distracted by not being able to spawn safely usually); and the blood appearing on screen when you're hurt is delayed: usually I am dead so fast my screen never turned red. I feel like people can't be that great of aims, but the bullets that kill seem to come out of nowhere, while the bullets that missed are almost undetectable. This game is actually making me consider buying Bad Company 2 for the second time (although for a different console) since at least we know that has a Vietnam online-only expansion coming!

** edit ** I remember recently reading somewhere, possibly on this forum, that MoH makes little or no use of physics when it comes to bullet flight. That could be why it seems like death is always sudden and instant, and also why there is very little warning preceding it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Seppli

Only played Combat Mission thus far and I'm loving it. Especially the airfield map will be a favorite of mine for sure. Great stuff.

Didn't try the other modes yet. Guess I'll safe them for when I've pimped out my dudes with the shiniest tools of destruction.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Seppli
    @JoeRiccadonna said:
    " I'm enjoying it but what is really pissing me off is Snipers. I move and bam I died. That is like the one time I want to really have a killcam. So, I know where that fucker is. "
    You play on PC I guess? Had the same thing in the Beta. Was so pissed at the snipers. Kinda ruined it for me. Today - playing on PS3 though, snipers are not as crazy dominant and hopefully never will be. 

That's the downside of crazy quick and responsive KB&M controls. Snipers will just get out of hand and that sucks donkeyballs for every player who's taking risks going for the objectives.
    joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joeybagad0nutz
    @Seppli said:
    " @JoeRiccadonna said:
    " I'm enjoying it but what is really pissing me off is Snipers. I move and bam I died. That is like the one time I want to really have a killcam. So, I know where that fucker is. "
    You play on PC I guess? Had the same thing in the Beta. Was so pissed at the snipers. Kinda ruined it for me. Today - playing on PS3 though, snipers are not as crazy dominant and hopefully never will be.   That's the downside of crazy quick and responsive KB&M controls. Snipers will just get out of hand and that sucks donkeyballs for every player who's taking risks going for the objectives. "

Nope. I play on the 360.
    Dariste1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dariste1

I'd say I'm lovin it but man Snipers are overpowered.  

No Caption Provided

That was like my 6th game I've played too.
    invadernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By invadernick

I think you die way too fast in this game, it wasn't fun for me at all.

andymp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By andymp

I like the multiplayer but it's not perfect. A change of pace from BC2 tho' which I have been playing a ton of lately.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By septim

I enjoy BFBC2 and MW2, but this game is fucking garbage in the MP department.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Playing it just makes me want to play BFBC2.

Cegoraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cegoraph

I found the multi-player to be solid, and it doesn't deserve all of the flak it has been getting here. It's far better than that piece of garbage known as Modern Warfare 2.

WEGGLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By WEGGLES
    @scarletsnake:  

Bleh, yeah.  

"Oh this is neat. Ha I got someone" 
    *SNIPED*  
     *SNIPED* 
     *SNIPED* 
     *SNIPED* 
     *SNIPED* 
     *SNIPED* 
     *SNIPED* 
     *SNIPED* 
     *SNIPED* 
    /wrists 

There should be a kill cam on snipers. Everyone was just getting lit up. 

I knew where the sniper was, but couldn't get to him 'cause he'd get me or a team mate would... or if I did he'd just go back to the same spot. So annoying.. 
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DonPixel
    @Branthog: I don´t think you can say MW, MOH or BBC2 are better, worst or soso compared to what, that qualitative comparation is a matter or personal taste.. the 3 are more than enough diferent by a pick by their own.

It´s like choosing wines of the same quality but diferent grapes, it comes downs to taste, mood or situation.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Branthog
    @DonPixel said:
    " @Branthog: I don´t think you can say MW, MOH or BBC2 are better, worst or soso compared to what, that qualitative comparation is a matter or personal taste.. the 3 are more than enough diferent by a pick by their own. It´s like choosing wines of the same quality but diferent grapes, it comes downs to taste, mood or situation. "
    I think it's easy and reasonable to draw distinctions and conclusions in a qualitative fashion when he third is entirely derivative of the other two.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i thought it was an easier version of Bad Company 2's multiplayer, so it was kinda fun..

theredcoat24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 22

#24  Edited By theredcoat24

I found it enjoyable, though I only played like a couple of hours

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DonPixel
    @Branthog said:
    " @DonPixel said:
    " @Branthog: I don´t think you can say MW, MOH or BBC2 are better, worst or soso compared to what, that qualitative comparation is a matter or personal taste.. the 3 are more than enough diferent by a pick by their own. It´s like choosing wines of the same quality but diferent grapes, it comes downs to taste, mood or situation. "
    I think it's easy and reasonable to draw distinctions and conclusions in a qualitative fashion when he third is entirely derivative of the other two. "
    This asumption is what I disagree, if you have truly played all of them you would´ve realise already the 3 are diferent betewn each other, aiming feel, recoil, map design, hit detection etc..   People new to FPS would proabably not notice it much, but they are.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.