Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

Bad role of the DICE

• 51 results
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Hooded

No Caption Provided

Am I alone in thinking that DICE's contribution to the new Medal of Honor is a bit half-assed? The multiplayer side of the game looks really poor, I feel its a little bit rushed. I've only played a little bit of Medal of Honor but when I sat down and played the game I found just found problem and problem. Many graphical and animation glitches including stuttering and clipping. 

I put the majority of this down to the Frostbite game engine, which is used for the multiplayer side of Medal of honor while the singleplayer section of the game is Unreal 3 engine. Frostbite is the in-house developed engine DICE have created, Since the Frostbite engine debuted with Battlefield Bad Company, me and the Frostbite engine have had a deep cold hatred for one another. I find the engine very sluggish, unresponsive and imprecise. I'm sure many people have different preferences and prefer a more slower methodical first person shooter. However the controls feel far too loose to make the game enjoyable for me. Medal of Honor multiplayer doesn't allow players to go prone (Lay on the floor) but when in the single player part of the game it perfectly allows you to do so. I can't see why DICE choose not to implement going prone into Medal of Honor but not just MoH, but the Battlefield Bad Company games. Its quite an important but simple ability and without being able to worm around on the floor, it just feels like they've taken away your knees from beneath you, all pun fully intended.

So i've covered the game engine and the problems that I find, but DICE really fail in more ways than one. DICE have released six games on the Xbox 360, five of which have had online multiplayer, the other being Mirrors Edge. One of those five games was Battlefield 1943, an online only multiplayer Xbox Live Arcade game. So you would think DICE have multiplayer locked down, right? Well no they don't. When DICE released Bad Company on the xbox 360 it was plagued with server problems, whether they be showing the wrong victory / defeat screen at the end of games. The servers loosing packs of information on a regular basis, you could log in the game and somehow your character has lost levels. Horrible lag when playing especially when trying to melee someone and worst of all not being able to log into the servers completely, this has been a major issue for every DICE game on the release day. I'm pretty confident that this weekend once Medal of Honor has sold enough copies worldwide and people sit down to play on a Saturday afternoon, the servers wont be able to hold. Its happen every DICE release and has now led me to wait a few weeks before even 
    contemplating picking up a DICE developed game so soon.

If you haven't guessed it yet, i'm a major Call of Duty fan, for many reasons I prefer Call of Duty to many other shooters out there and I wont go into much detail, Call of Duty has had its problems in the past but most importantly they have learnt from them, something I cant say for DICE. The controls of Call of Duty are very tight, precise and consistant throughout the singleplayer and multiplayer. I'm not the kind of player who just plays Call of duty and nothing else, I play many games and play nearly almost every shooter. So I know what sort of shooter I like. I really had high hopes for Medal of Honor, as I've been a major fan of the previous Medal of Honor games in the series.

I can see only two ways the next Medal of Honor can improve, if EA feel the need to make another one. 

1. They can dump DICE as the multiplayer developers, let them continue on any other Battlefield, Mirrors Edge and Need for Speed games they are currently working on and they can allow the singleplayer devs (Danger Close) to develop the Multiplayer aswell. 

or

2. Dump DICE as above and allow Respawn Entertainment (former Infinity Ward heads and some developers) to develop the multiplayer. Rather than EA possibly have 3 modern day shooters (Battlefield, Medal of Honor and whatever Respawn Entertainment are working on). Coming from IW, Respawn know how to make a shooter than truely can take on Call of Duty. 

It's quite known that because DICE developed the Multiplayer of Medal of Honor, its very simular to Battlefield but with a few tweaks to aim it towards the Call of Duty audience. As Jeff says it puts MoH in an awkward position where its not quite satisfying either market, the its not like Battlefield enough and its no where near Call of Duty enough.

I know it's a long post so i'll expect to see "TLDR" posts lol and i've posted it in a Medal of Honor forum, so theres going to be a few fans, so i'm willing to take a few hits of fanboys, but I hope someone can share their thoughts and have a conversation. Especially as I had to write this out twice, because of this. Also its my first Blog Post.
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Hooded

No Caption Provided

Am I alone in thinking that DICE's contribution to the new Medal of Honor is a bit half-assed? The multiplayer side of the game looks really poor, I feel its a little bit rushed. I've only played a little bit of Medal of Honor but when I sat down and played the game I found just found problem and problem. Many graphical and animation glitches including stuttering and clipping. 

I put the majority of this down to the Frostbite game engine, which is used for the multiplayer side of Medal of honor while the singleplayer section of the game is Unreal 3 engine. Frostbite is the in-house developed engine DICE have created, Since the Frostbite engine debuted with Battlefield Bad Company, me and the Frostbite engine have had a deep cold hatred for one another. I find the engine very sluggish, unresponsive and imprecise. I'm sure many people have different preferences and prefer a more slower methodical first person shooter. However the controls feel far too loose to make the game enjoyable for me. Medal of Honor multiplayer doesn't allow players to go prone (Lay on the floor) but when in the single player part of the game it perfectly allows you to do so. I can't see why DICE choose not to implement going prone into Medal of Honor but not just MoH, but the Battlefield Bad Company games. Its quite an important but simple ability and without being able to worm around on the floor, it just feels like they've taken away your knees from beneath you, all pun fully intended.

So i've covered the game engine and the problems that I find, but DICE really fail in more ways than one. DICE have released six games on the Xbox 360, five of which have had online multiplayer, the other being Mirrors Edge. One of those five games was Battlefield 1943, an online only multiplayer Xbox Live Arcade game. So you would think DICE have multiplayer locked down, right? Well no they don't. When DICE released Bad Company on the xbox 360 it was plagued with server problems, whether they be showing the wrong victory / defeat screen at the end of games. The servers loosing packs of information on a regular basis, you could log in the game and somehow your character has lost levels. Horrible lag when playing especially when trying to melee someone and worst of all not being able to log into the servers completely, this has been a major issue for every DICE game on the release day. I'm pretty confident that this weekend once Medal of Honor has sold enough copies worldwide and people sit down to play on a Saturday afternoon, the servers wont be able to hold. Its happen every DICE release and has now led me to wait a few weeks before even 
    contemplating picking up a DICE developed game so soon.

If you haven't guessed it yet, i'm a major Call of Duty fan, for many reasons I prefer Call of Duty to many other shooters out there and I wont go into much detail, Call of Duty has had its problems in the past but most importantly they have learnt from them, something I cant say for DICE. The controls of Call of Duty are very tight, precise and consistant throughout the singleplayer and multiplayer. I'm not the kind of player who just plays Call of duty and nothing else, I play many games and play nearly almost every shooter. So I know what sort of shooter I like. I really had high hopes for Medal of Honor, as I've been a major fan of the previous Medal of Honor games in the series.

I can see only two ways the next Medal of Honor can improve, if EA feel the need to make another one. 

1. They can dump DICE as the multiplayer developers, let them continue on any other Battlefield, Mirrors Edge and Need for Speed games they are currently working on and they can allow the singleplayer devs (Danger Close) to develop the Multiplayer aswell. 

or

2. Dump DICE as above and allow Respawn Entertainment (former Infinity Ward heads and some developers) to develop the multiplayer. Rather than EA possibly have 3 modern day shooters (Battlefield, Medal of Honor and whatever Respawn Entertainment are working on). Coming from IW, Respawn know how to make a shooter than truely can take on Call of Duty. 

It's quite known that because DICE developed the Multiplayer of Medal of Honor, its very simular to Battlefield but with a few tweaks to aim it towards the Call of Duty audience. As Jeff says it puts MoH in an awkward position where its not quite satisfying either market, the its not like Battlefield enough and its no where near Call of Duty enough.

I know it's a long post so i'll expect to see "TLDR" posts lol and i've posted it in a Medal of Honor forum, so theres going to be a few fans, so i'm willing to take a few hits of fanboys, but I hope someone can share their thoughts and have a conversation. Especially as I had to write this out twice, because of this. Also its my first Blog Post.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Vinny_Says

Didn't read but is Role in your title a play on Roll?

or just a typo?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Venatio

The entire game is a poor effort from everyone involved, though I admit that it looked interesting, ashame it turned out like it did

But I must say that your thread title is the best I've seen in a long time :D

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hooded
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " Didn't read but is Role in your title a play on Roll?  or just a typo? "
    Just a little lame world play lol.
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hooded
    @Venatio said:
    " The entire game is a poor effort from everyone involved, though I admit that it looked interesting, ashame it turned out like it did  But I must say that your thread title is the best I've seen in a long time :D "
    Lol thanks. I've not played much Singleplayer, and I don't think I will but the Singleplayer looks much more polished than the multiplayer.
    FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By FirePrince

Now we wait for Battlefield 3,and hope it's not a big of a mess like this was.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf

I wouldn't blame DICE for how lame the multiplayer turned out.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By phantomzxro

I find that your very biased on the matter  so i don't know how much of what you say i can take to heart. Your a COD fan so of course you would want respawn to make the next game.  I don't think that will happen because i'm sure whatever game they do next they want it to be their own. I find that your too hard on DICE and just because your not a fan of their shooter you think they are of lesser merit. I think DICE does a great job with their game and the frostbite engine. It is just a different type of shooter which i respect, i side more so on the COD side of things but i still can see what good things they do with their game.  

The problem with MOH is simply because it is the first game coming out of this reboot EA is making and it is hard to nail a game the first time around. This goes double for when you are trying to take on the biggest name in the genre. Also having two teams work on different parts of the game makes it even harder to nail both sides if EA has to QA each engine, which may not have been the best course of action but i'm sure they are learning.  In the end EA was aiming big with this game and they fell short, this game could have used a bit more time cooking but i'm sure they needed this to go head to head with black ops which is why it come out when it did. They will learn a lot from this game and hopefully build a better game next time.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Skald

You're control problems aren't related to Frostbite, the game engine, you're control problems are related to how DICE chooses to make their games feel. 

Also, Respawn is an unknown quantity right now. They aren't going to be good just because they have the IW co-founders.

Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Teh_Eel
    @Hooded said: 
    DICE are not working on a Need for Speed game, I think you are thinking of Criterion.
    Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Vodun

Is there an initialism  like TLDR for something along the lines of "you aint got a damn clue what you're talking about"?

darkknightbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By darkknightbob

The beta was just awful

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By mosdl

The open beta was fine...

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hooded
    @Teh_Eel said:

" @Hooded said: 

DICE are not working on a Need for Speed game, I think you are thinking of Criterion. "
    I think you'll find they are / Have.  

@extremeradical said:

" You're control problems aren't related to Frostbite, the game engine, you're control problems are related to how DICE chooses to make their games feel.  Also, Respawn is an unknown quantity right now. They aren't going to be good just because they have the IW co-founders. "

Totally fair point, the reason why I said Respawn should or rather could work on Medal of Honor is because it doesn't make sense to have 3 different Modern time set shooters from just one developer. Medal of Honor already has a name and a platform to already start on, rather than starting fresh. It could be a double edge sword though.
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hooded
    @phantomzxro:  I am biased to the COD series because its what I love and what I know that works, i'm not saying all games should just be like that or try to be like that because that would be very boring. I wanted MoH to be good because I am a big fan of the series, (maybe I didn't mention that before) I loved Airborne. Competition between shooters is always important its not good for one game to dominate each and every year.

I used COD as an example because whoever developed it, be that Treyarch or IW. They have learnt from their mistakes, major or minor. Time after time I see the same problems from DICE games. Server problems mostly. 

I agree that the game needed more time, I think the game has high promise. Its a shame the game didn't turn out the way I and i'm sure many people hoped. I hope they have learnt alot and improve next time.
    memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By memo

I think people just got super hyped over this game.  Thinking it was going to replace COD series or give it a run for its money.  Thats the problem with reviews if there is bad review then people tend to pick at it and keep finding bad stuff about it.  Look at MW2 great game with stellar reviews, then the glitching started to pop up and no website went back to re edit their review and kept it at stellar reviews.  I think there will be a small fan fare of people who will enjoy this game especially its multiplayer

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jayross

It is ridiculous that EA thinks this is going to be a positive representation of DICE's multiplayer capabilities. Shouldn't they be working on Battlefield 3?

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hooded
    @memo said:
    " I think people just got super hyped over this game.  Thinking it was going to replace COD series or give it a run for its money.  Thats the problem with reviews if there is bad review then people tend to pick at it and keep finding bad stuff about it.  Look at MW2 great game with stellar reviews, then the glitching started to pop up and no website went back to re edit their review and kept it at stellar reviews.  I think there will be a small fan fare of people who will enjoy this game especially its multiplayer "
    Its possible, I never got excited about the game, just waited until I could try it and read the reviews. I'm sure your right, people were expecting it to replace COD, but its not going to. Its going to take a few attempts before its even close.

It is smart that EA release the game a couple of weeks before the new COD. All the people getting excited for the new Call of Duty, itching for it. I'm sure +75% of people that actually bought the game intended to buy Black Ops and bought the game to stratch that itch, and i'm confident the majority will still buy Black Ops.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By Seppli
    @Jayross said:

" It is ridiculous that EA thinks this is going to be a positive representation of DICE's multiplayer capabilities. Shouldn't they be working on Battlefield 3? "

DICE is like 300+ employees. Multiple team for sure. As far as we know DICE is working on BF:BC 2 Vietnam (apparently there's also more free BF:BC 2 content coming in December too - 4 maps, probably some BC 1 ports and another balancing patch) and Mirror's Edge 2 and Battlefield 3, with a heavy emphasis on Battlefield 3 (which I'm sure, EA/DICE won't drop the ball on *knocks on wood*). Most likely they're already working on BF:BC 3 too, which will inevitably come given the franchise's success.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By Seppli
    @Hooded: 

Well, I'm the exact opposite when it comes to the Frostbite Engine. To me, it's THE MOST cutting edge online multiplayer engine on the market. Being that, it's natural that there are some hiccups.

The only thing I'm disappointed with DICE is, that they haven't implemented the natural movement mechanics from Mirror's Edge into all of their shooters. Movement is oldschool and clumsy and stands in stark contrast to the bleeding edge they're at in terms of degree of interactivity and simulation in an online environment - which is quite high fidelity and nearly 100%. Medal of Honor though isn't, but that's by design, not a limitation of the engine.

I'm sure Medal of Honor MP will be a fun distraction for a couple of weeks. I'm not looking for more than that. There's Black Ops in a month and soon thereafter, I'll finally return to my favorite frachise and stick with it 'til BF3 hits. Battlefield : Bad Company 2 including Vietnam expansion and Onslaught mode.
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Red12b

Medal of honor, Honoring it's commitment to suck this holiday season. 

THRICE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By THRICE

Thing is you say say Call of Duty has made mistakes and learned from it thats not true at all. DICE may have launched Bad Company 2 a bit wonky server side but the game has been tight as a drum for awhile now and has released 2 massive 200MB title updates worth of fixes and balancing on top of that. CoD is still an unbalanced train wreck, and the thing is a lot of the core problems have existed since CoD4. Several weapons and perks are absurdly overpowered and killstreaks are totally broken they're that overpowered.

Infinity Ward is slow to react for glitches and exploits, how long was the javelin glitch a problem? How have they not fixed the rock glitch in Fuel? And Infinity Ward for both CoD4 and MW2 had screwed up the PS3 servers for day one. CoD4 had no servers and MW2 was random chance if you got in because they were not running enough.  Treyarch seems a tad bit better at fixing things that are wrong than IW but they still never rebalanced the MP40 in W@W for 360 so it didn't always act as if it had stopping power on when it was normal in the other versions of the game.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wuddel

I kinda can see where you are coming from. I played a fair share of BC1&1 and Cod4&MW2. For me the more methodical approach to FPS with heavy objective based game modes is much more appealing. I just hope the will make BF3 an enjoyable experience for everyone (console/PC).

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jayross
    @Hooded

You can't attribute "sloppy controls" to the engine, there is no connection between the two.

Are you really getting upset about prone? No prone was a specific design decision, not some glaring omitence on DICE's part. While I agree they should have standardized the movement (like the whole 'slide into cover' thing, but no prone has a positive effect on the game.
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hooded
    @THRICE said:

" Thing is you say say Call of Duty has made mistakes and learned from it thats not true at all. DICE may have launched Bad Company 2 a bit wonky server side but the game has been tight as a drum for awhile now and has released 2 massive 200MB title updates worth of fixes and balancing on top of that. CoD is still an unbalanced train wreck, and the thing is a lot of the core problems have existed since CoD4. Several weapons and perks are absurdly overpowered and killstreaks are totally broken they're that overpowered.  Infinity Ward is slow to react for glitches and exploits, how long was the javelin glitch a problem? How have they not fixed the rock glitch in Fuel? And Infinity Ward for both CoD4 and MW2 had screwed up the PS3 servers for day one. CoD4 had no servers and MW2 was random chance if you got in because they were not running enough.  Treyarch seems a tad bit better at fixing things that are wrong than IW but they still never rebalanced the MP40 in W@W for 360 so it didn't always act as if it had stopping power on when it was normal in the other versions of the game. "

Thats true, IW are slow to fix some glitches, the Rock glitch in Fuel is still apparent, they need to fix their games much quicker but I do find they have learnt from most of their mistakes in their games.

I disagree about BC2's servers being tight as a drum, because it was only about 2 months ago when the servers were playing havoc, giving people the victory message at the end when they actually lost, and giving the defeat screen to the winners. Loss of ranks and experience, it was all jacked up at some point and the game came out in Q1 of this year. Whether thats EA's fault or DICE's fault I don't know, but it happens to every DICE game.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Hooded: No way in hell Respawn will do the next one. They have control over what they're doing, and that's whatever new IP they're planning to create. Doubt they all left IW to slave over a game they don't want to make again.
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hooded
    @DystopiaX said:
    " @Hooded: No way in hell Respawn will do the next one. They have control over what they're doing, and that's whatever new IP they're planning to create. Doubt they all left IW to slave over a game they don't want to make again. "
    It was just a thought and I think quite possible (for the reasons above). I look forward to whatever Respawn make.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By 234r2we232

I have endured a considerable amount of Bad Company 2 recently. It's mp is still, to this day, kinda broken in places. Not even just in a slightly imbalanced way, but rather, some mechanics don't effing work. Couple that with an awful framerate, and that game can be frustrating and awkward to say the least. They're just lucky it's as much fun as it is to play the Medic class :). DICE are far from perfect. Maybe their formula is just getting stale...

Wahwah. MW2 sux omg.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sarkhan
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    "Didn't read but is Role in your title a play on Roll?  or just a typo? "

First post on the topic and you cant fucking bother to read?? god damn, its going down i see
    Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Evilmetal

MOH multiplayer is BC2's first mod/expansion.  Observe the video above.

The similarities are striking!

I mean you gotta imagine what the fuck was going on behind the scenes.  

"OMG we don't have shit yet for MOH's multiplayer!, whatever shall we do?!!234"

They just tacked on the multiplayer, literally, as they are both different engines. 

Take a step back folks.

MOH campaign, as shown from the quick look on GB, is sloppy.  Jeff and Brad didn't comment on it but didn't you guys see the sprites of the AA gun still firing... after the fact the guy firing it died?  It's just so dirty. The heavy scripting is dirty and sloppy as seen in the quick look. Wow, $60?! 

You do know people that there is a psychology out there that says people won't buy stuff if they see it as cheap. This is just another trick. You see $60 and you think it's a very good product.  Obviously the videos say otherwise. The multiplayer is a slash and burn of BC2's game play; whatever was BC2-ish was cut for something more MW2. Something more MW2 but they couldn't even copy MW2 well. They can't even copy. WTF. Can you imagine you have to hand in some hwk, someone shows you their work to copy and you copy it wrong?! WTF!  Jesus in center court!
    sorawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sorawesome

I read about half of your article, that being said, I agreed with what I read about bugs and shit.
    Though I find MoH is a really fun game, it's a mix of MW2 and Bad company 2. It's a really fun game so far and the graphics kick ass.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jayross
    @sofacitysweetheart: BC2 multiplayer is very good. Don't trash it. 
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By 234r2we232
    @Jayross said:
    " @sofacitysweetheart: BC2 multiplayer is very good. Don't trash it.  "
    I wasn't trashing it, I was just trying to be truthful based on my own experience. And I said I enjoyed it, I thought I was being fair and honest with my opinion? Which is more than can be said about most of the posts on this site regarding Call of Duty. But whatever. Fanboys will be fanboys :)
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By zombie2011

They probably didn't care about this game. It was going against, Halo: Reach, COD: BO, and Bad Company 2: Vietnam (there own game).

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Hooded

@DystopiaX said:

" @Hooded: No way in hell Respawn will do the next one. They have control over what they're doing, and that's whatever new IP they're planning to create. Doubt they all left IW to slave over a game they don't want to make again. "

It was just a thought and I think quite possible (for the reasons above). I look forward to whatever Respawn make.
    Your reasoning is that respawn would be good at making the game, but they ate in control of what they make and I doubt they want to make a game that doesn't look like it'll do very well.
    While they would be good at making moh, it won't happen simply because they won't choose to do it, and I believe contractually they're only signed on to make a new IP, not necessarily take on whatever EA designates.
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hooded
    @sofacitysweetheart said:

" I have endured a considerable amount of Bad Company 2 recently. It's mp is still, to this day, kinda broken in places. Not even just in a slightly imbalanced way, but rather, some mechanics don't effing work. Couple that with an awful framerate, and that game can be frustrating and awkward to say the least. They're just lucky it's as much fun as it is to play the Medic class :). DICE are far from perfect. Maybe their formula is just getting stale...  Wahwah. MW2 sux omg. "

Thats exactly my experience and from what i've heard from other players. I'm sure there are people out there that enjoy BC2 but the masses sway towards COD, theres a reason for that... Or shall I say many, but I wont because I don't wanna turn this into a BC vs COD thread at all.
    face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By face15

I'll be honest, I'm not gonna read all that text. But dude, that is a fine pun.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hooded
    @Evilmetal said:

"   

MOH multiplayer is BC2's first mod/expansion.  Observe the video above.  The similarities are striking!  

Jesus christ, that looks like a Ctrl+V job. I reckon they did just extract the games multiplayer and tack it right onto MoH, if you think BC2 released in March, thats 7 months before the release of MoH. No one can expect them to create a multiplayer good enough to rival COD.
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hooded
    @DystopiaX said:

" @Hooded

@DystopiaX said:

Your reasoning is that respawn would be good at making the game, but they ate in control of what they make and I doubt they want to make a game that doesn't look like it'll do very well. While they would be good at making moh, it won't happen simply because they won't choose to do it, and I believe contractually they're only signed on to make a new IP, not necessarily take on whatever EA designates. "
    Not really, my reason they would be a good candidate for developing the next MoH was it doesn't make sense to have 3 Modern day shooters from the same publisher and expect good sales all around in an already crowded genre. Not to mention they worked on Medal of Honor back in the ol' days. Like Brad said on this weeks Bombcast, it could happen as it makes sense for a business model.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Hooded:

MW2 and BC2 are not competing in the same space, Jeff and Brad have both said this.  One game is about purely shooting people in the face while the other is much much more tactical.  MW2 has no classes and rewards the worst of gameplay tactics (freakin killstreaks and boosting) whereas BC2 is a much broader, more strategic wargame with proper classes and it rewards good gameplay tactics (yes, even the sniper though people STILL camp that class up) because it makes people work in teams and makes them actually learn to master weapons.  Pray n Spray doesn't apply in BC2.  I'm sorry you feel that BC2 is broken, but it just isn't.  MW2 isn't broken either, but that doesn't make it a good game.  Popular doesn't equal good, it just equals dumb enough that people will be able to pick up and play it and rewarding enough that people keep coming back.  It's the perfect console shooter for the masses but it's not a good game.
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hooded
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Hooded:

MW2 and BC2 are not competing in the same space, Jeff and Brad have both said this.  One game is about purely shooting people in the face while the other is much much more tactical.  MW2 has no classes and rewards the worst of gameplay tactics (freakin killstreaks and boosting) whereas BC2 is a much broader, more strategic wargame with proper classes and it rewards good gameplay tactics (yes, even the sniper though people STILL camp that class up) because it makes people work in teams and makes them actually learn to master weapons.  Pray n Spray doesn't apply in BC2.  I'm sorry you feel that BC2 is broken, but it just isn't.  MW2 isn't broken either, but that doesn't make it a good game.  Popular doesn't equal good, it just equals dumb enough that people will be able to pick up and play it and rewarding enough that people keep coming back.  It's the perfect console shooter for the masses but it's not a good game. "
    If thats your opinion then fair enough, its useless me trying to change it.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Hooded
    @DystopiaX said:

" @Hooded

@DystopiaX said:

Your reasoning is that respawn would be good at making the game, but they ate in control of what they make and I doubt they want to make a game that doesn't look like it'll do very well. While they would be good at making moh, it won't happen simply because they won't choose to do it, and I believe contractually they're only signed on to make a new IP, not necessarily take on whatever EA designates. "
    Not really, my reason they would be a good candidate for developing the next MoH was it doesn't make sense to have 3 Modern day shooters from the same publisher and expect good sales all around in an already crowded genre. Not to mention they worked on Medal of Honor back in the ol' days. Like Brad said on this weeks Bombcast, it could happen as it makes sense for a business model.
    You're assuming that respawn is making a modern day shooter. They have said they don't know what they're doing now.
    OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43  Edited By OneManX
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Hooded:

MW2 and BC2 are not competing in the same space, Jeff and Brad have both said this.  One game is about purely shooting people in the face while the other is much much more tactical.  MW2 has no classes and rewards the worst of gameplay tactics (freakin killstreaks and boosting) whereas BC2 is a much broader, more strategic wargame with proper classes and it rewards good gameplay tactics (yes, even the sniper though people STILL camp that class up) because it makes people work in teams and makes them actually learn to master weapons.  Pray n Spray doesn't apply in BC2.  I'm sorry you feel that BC2 is broken, but it just isn't.  MW2 isn't broken either, but that doesn't make it a good game.  Popular doesn't equal good, it just equals dumb enough that people will be able to pick up and play it and rewarding enough that people keep coming back.  It's the perfect console shooter for the masses but it's not a good game. "
    I think MW2 is a good game, like.. there was a time where games played like that. There was a time where games were just fucking insane and you die, respawn, die, respawn, die and respawn, I'm not saying MW2 is the new Doom or Quake, but it's just a fast paced shooter. Just b/c you dont like it, it doesn't make the game bad, just not your flavor.  

I know the cool thing is to hype one game up , while knocking another game down, instead of just accepting that they occupy two different areas.
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hooded
    @DystopiaX said:
    You're assuming that respawn is making a modern day shooter. They have said they don't know what they're doing now. "
    Ofcoruse I am, I personally think it would be silly for them to do something else. 

I honestly think their first game release will be a small game (XBLA / PSN), While they work on their main title.
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By grilledcheez

The prone thing is probably more of "we want people to at least have a chance at having fun" thing.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Hooded
    @DystopiaX said:
    You're assuming that respawn is making a modern day shooter. They have said they don't know what they're doing now. "
    Ofcoruse I am, I personally think it would be silly for them to do something else. 

I honestly think their first game release will be a small game (XBLA / PSN), While they work on their main title.
    Kind of pointless to think they cant do anything else when you haven't seen them do anything other than cod. Bungie were making completely different types of games before halo and look at how that turned out.
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hooded
    @DystopiaX said:
    " @Hooded
    @DystopiaX said:

Kind of pointless to think they cant do anything else when you haven't seen them do anything other than cod. Bungie were making completely different types of games before halo and look at how that turned out. "
    They worked on MoH back in the day... Before they left EA and went to Activision because they wanted to do a modern day shooter but EA wouldn't allow it, Activision gave them a deal where they can do one in the future but pump out WW2 games first. Which is what happened.
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hooded
    @GrilledCheez01 said:

" The prone thing is probably more of "we want people to at least have a chance at having fun" thing. "

I dont see how going prone stops people having fun...  
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By grilledcheez
    @Hooded said:
    " @GrilledCheez01 said:

" The prone thing is probably more of "we want people to at least have a chance at having fun" thing. "

I dont see how going prone stops people having fun...   "
    Well you should unless you want people abusing it in shrubs, if moh is anything like BF that would blow dick as snipers are hard enough to find sometimes.  It's what we in the business call "balancing a game"
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Hooded
    @GrilledCheez01 said:

" @Hooded said:

" @GrilledCheez01 said:

I dont see how going prone stops people having fun...   "
    Well you should unless you want people abusing it in shrubs, if moh is anything like BF that would blow dick as snipers are hard enough to find sometimes.  It's what we in the business call "balancing a game" "
    Lol, your funny. Cant go prone because it makes the game unbalanced. Especially if theres a bush! Haha

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.