Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

Combat Mission is GREAT!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Combat Mission - The Methodical Killing Spree...

After completing the somewhat short and partly unpolished singleplayer, which I quite enjoyed nontheless (especially the guns and sounds are pretty amazing and the sniper/mountain warfare level is awesome), I finally got around to play some multiplayer.

At first I was somewhat fed up with DICE's current movement systems, which can get me stuck on a pebble and makes jumping places quite the hassle. I was pissed at the mostly non-dynamic architecture (non-destructible) and what that meant for campers (especially lameplay corner campers). Well - all the stuff I already disliked in the two Betas (which I played both on PC).

I got past that of course. The moment I went from my Battlefield-style approach of being balls out to the wall, it suddenly clicked. Carefully moving forward, keeping the pace of my team, accumulating score and then taking bold action. Popping smoke. Calling in artillery. Following my fellow soldiers into the fray, avoiding the 'Tripper Effect' of friendly forces just trickling in and getting wiped off all too easily with a mere paper-tissue of a defense.

Once I understood the pacing and mechanics of Combat Mission, as in methodically getting my crew forward inch by inch and building a irrefutable force over time, I began to perform and so did the game. Medal of Honor really comes into its own in Combat Mission. Nothing quite like 24 dudes staring each other down in crippling stalemates in the one moment and in the next suddenly smoke and artillery goes off, some dudes flanked and others went for the objective and everything falls into place. Great fucking stuff!

I must admit though, that I already made this personal 'breakthrough' in the PC Beta, just to find my enjoyment of the game squandered two days after, by too good snipers and with godly aim and a nack for covering every angle effectively. Here's me hoping gamepad controls will keep the margin of error on behalf of the sniping population on a tolerable level.

Only played 2,5 hours of Combat Mission thus far, which I came to like a lot. In fact, I find it to be the best infantry focused team objective based gameplay I've ever had. So much fun! Too bad it's just 3 maps for this mode thus far, which is a shame. Especially the airfield one is an absolute blast. Hopefully we will get more soon.

I am currently installing Medal of Honor : Fronline, which I will play tomorrow. Remember it quite fondly. Hoping it aged well enough to be worthwhile. See ya on the Battlefield dudes.
    joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

The airfield map is like the best map. There is not as much sniping on it compared to the other maps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.