coming to a bargan bin near you

• 109 results
#1 Posted by swat200 (246 posts) -

yea so i managed to get my hands on this already cause i work at a small video game store. all i can say is wow the game is UGLY. the audio is terrible and the storys is dumb so yea just wait till it goes down to like 14 bucks (which will happen soon) and if your interested get it then.

#2 Posted by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -

so.. does it play well? o-O 

#3 Edited by Garfield518 (401 posts) -

Having played the beta, I know that the audio isn't terrible, and that you're full of shit.

#4 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Hmm I smell a troll.

#5 Posted by Jayzz (586 posts) -

this game is great for those that loved the older medal of honor, or the FPS-fiends that needa fix until Black Ops. (although it does look like bf:bc2)

#6 Posted by swat200 (246 posts) -

you can smell a troll all you want. im playing it RIGHT NOW. literally this is some shit balanced audio. also the multiplayer beta was done by dice NOT danger close the guys who are doing the single player. but thanks for coming out with that.

#7 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -
@swat200 said:
" you can smell a troll all you want. im playing it RIGHT NOW. literally this is some shit balanced audio. also the multiplayer beta was done by dice NOT danger close the guys who are doing the single player. but thanks for coming out with that. "
Post footage or something or else you're full of shit.
#8 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -
@swat200 said:
" you can smell a troll all you want. im playing it RIGHT NOW. literally this is some shit balanced audio. also the multiplayer beta was done by dice NOT danger close the guys who are doing the single player. but thanks for coming out with that. "
Gears of War had shitty surround sound, but it was still a good game. 

And yes, DICE are doing the multiplayer, which should be an good thing. Right? 

I don't really mean to defend the game since I don't even plan on buying it, but your points seem invalid.
#9 Posted by Mcfart (1729 posts) -

The multiplayer sucks, so I won't be spending more then $20 on it. 

Give some recoil to the Sniper Rifles, gawd.

#10 Edited by swat200 (246 posts) -

i cant comment on the multiplayer i'm only doing the single player which is what i was interested in. but from what im playing so far its just not good. when you shoot someone they have this weird bleed animation that plays and its just not good looking. also your assaulting this strong hold in the second mission and there is suppose to be this HUGE explosion and it just looks like crap. honestly this looks like it was made in 2005

#11 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -
@swat200
i cant comment on the multiplayer i'm only doing the single player which is what i was interested in. but from what im playing so far its just not good. when you shoot someone they have this weird bleed animation that plays and its just not good looking. also your assaulting this strong hold in the second mission and their is suppose to be this HUGE explosion and it just looks like crap. honestly this looks like it was made in 2005
Other than graphics and audio, is the game good?
#12 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Jayzz said:
" this game is great for those that loved the older medal of honor, or the FPS-fiends that needa fix until Black Ops. (although it does look like bf:bc2) "
Why is this game which is not made by anyone who made the other Medal of Honors, and bears zero resemblance to previous Medal of Honors, good for MoH fans? 
#13 Posted by swat200 (246 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba:  it seems just strictly like a CoD clone and not a very compelling one at that. i'm 4 missions in and im still bored and the storyline isnt going anywhere.
#14 Posted by Jayzz (586 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" @Jayzz said:
" this game is great for those that loved the older medal of honor, or the FPS-fiends that needa fix until Black Ops. (although it does look like bf:bc2) "
Why is this game which is not made by anyone who made the other Medal of Honors, and bears zero resemblance to previous Medal of Honors, good for MoH fans?  "
because its called medal of honor. duh.
#15 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -
#16 Posted by swat200 (246 posts) -
@ryanwho:  i can tell you that it plays nothing like the older MoH's. you have squad mates with you for 90 percent of the game so far. which is something that old MoH didnt have. also the controls are riped right from cod. the game literally is just shitty CoD.
#17 Posted by Justaddwater (291 posts) -

Bullshit, multiplayer was incredible, ive no doubt the single player will be just as good.

#18 Posted by Garfield518 (401 posts) -
@Dylabaloo:  That's probably because his gamertag is Swat20, not 200.
#19 Posted by swat200 (246 posts) -
@Dylabaloo: LOL thats not my gamertag.
#20 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

All those problems you listed are the same problems MW2 has... and i'm not seeing that in bargain bins anywhere.

#21 Posted by swat200 (246 posts) -
@canucks23: no this game looks MARKEDLY worse then MW2. ive played both.
#22 Posted by Management (593 posts) -

Is it possible to get some footage of the game?

#23 Posted by djaoni (338 posts) -

The audio is terrible and story is dumb? Sounds like MW to me.

#24 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

Cool story, bro!

Yeah, I went there.

#25 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

Excuse me, but I think I'm going to be skeptical here. 

Above is a capture of your most recently played games on the Xbox LIVE service. I did not check elsewhere, but I figured it might be worth capturing this for others. If you have linked your account here on Giant Bomb, and played the game on the Xbox LIVE service, it would be appearing here. I took a glance elsewhere, and from what I see, copies of this game are leaking online at the moment. I'm still unsure if you're legitimately the owner of a copy or not. Try snapping some images of the game and sharing them here, or we'll probably still assume you're just here trolling.
#26 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

Too effing right.

#27 Posted by ch3burashka (5257 posts) -

HAU IZ ZE MULTIPLEYUR?

#28 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -
@Garfield518: @swat200: Bleh i'm tired and waiting for alcohol. I apologize dearly.
#29 Edited by Evilmetal (468 posts) -

haha... when I saw the thread title, without noticing which game forum it belonged to, the first game that came to mind was MOH. I have been informed that savvy gamers can play it now on one of the consoles...

Allegedly I think I heard/read that in single player, you can go prone and/or lean... and other things that are not in the multiplayer mode. That kinda sucks, to have disjoint game modes. You play the single player to get a feel for the game, to learn some of the basic moves and then go online to expand that experience. But supposedly you play single player and that is ONE game and then multiplayer is ANOTHER game, even though it is packaged as 'the same'.

#30 Posted by swat200 (246 posts) -
@xMP44x: did you look at my xbox account? because giant bomb doesnt update as soon as i put the game in my system
#31 Posted by kratier (223 posts) -

has more preorders than MW2 did, gamestop stated in the news

hate train is unfounded

#32 Posted by swat200 (246 posts) -

also here this should help anyone who doesnt believe me

#33 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@swat200 said:
" @xMP44x: did you look at my xbox account? because giant bomb doesnt update as soon as i put the game in my system "
Just looked at it now. I'm still a little unsure considering that some leaks of the game are appearing online. If you could post a picture of the game case, with the disc beside it that would remove any uncertainty for me. Do weapons have more recoil or anything like that in the full game? I remember they had virtually none in the Xbox 360 beta, and I was hoping that was rectified. I hope you enjoy the game regardless of how you attained it.
#34 Edited by Starklight (60 posts) -
@kratier said:

" has more preorders than MW2 did, gamestop stated in the news  hate train is unfounded "

Because the opinions of people who don't even have the game totally decide how good a game is.
#35 Posted by swat200 (246 posts) -

naw the sniper rifle that i used so far had no recoil same goes for the standard gun you start with. id post a photo from my phone but i kinda lost the connecting cord sorry :-S

#36 Posted by mano521 (1232 posts) -

i dont know why people are trying to find reasons not to believe you. though i didnt plan on buying the game in the first place, its good to know i made the right decision. 

#37 Posted by sagesebas (1979 posts) -

The graphics actually look good, and the sound is fine.

#38 Posted by Marcsman (3294 posts) -

Prove it
#39 Posted by SSully (4326 posts) -
@Garfield518 said:
" Having played the beta, I know that the audio isn't terrible, and that you're full of shit. "
And that is does not look horrible. The PC beta looked better then COD ever did. Plus the TC would get his ass fired if he took a game from storage, breaking a street date is serious business. 
#40 Edited by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@swat200: Yeah, I saw you Xbox Live account, and I'm still calling troll and pirate. First off, you claim to be 4 missions into the game and you only have 2 achievements. If you want to give your opinion on a game, then complete it before talking shit. Unless it's actually unplayable, which I highly doubt based off your shitty complaints. Second, how are you going to talk crap on how DICE is getting the multiplayer when everyone knows for damn sure they do a damn good job on their multiplayer games. Last, all of a sudden it's a problem when someone copies controls from other games? Is there a better controlling system for a FPS? No, there isn't. Especially for a console controller. A lot of games adopted this controlling system and that's the way it will be. 

Oh and your little complaints on blood splatter and audio problems is invalid because that game you praise, like it's some prostitute you lost your virginity to, has the same exact issue. So your complaint will lead to this: 

#41 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
@xMP44x: Giant Bomb does not update achievements live. I've actually checked, he's played it.
#42 Posted by GoofyGoober (933 posts) -
@Justaddwater: Uhhhh, yeah I don't agree with that one. To me, and this is coming from someone who loved BC2. The MP beta played like shit and the singleplayer was the only saving grace for me, I hope it is not too over done and stupid. Oh well, I probably will not buy this game till it hits 14 bucks.
#43 Posted by swat200 (246 posts) -
@ch13696: wow sorry i didnt realise i insulted your penis or something. man thats alot of butt hurt over one person OPINION of a game.
#44 Posted by swat200 (246 posts) -

also to anyone else calling me a troll or whatever that's fine you can think that. I'm just trying to save you wasting your hard earned money on a crap game. but you know what you go ahead and buy it and when you get it home and realize i was right you can feel safe in knowing that boy you sure showed me.

#45 Posted by FirePrince (1767 posts) -

Yeah,I was afraid this game was going to bomb.Oh well,another franchise down the drain.

#46 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@swat200 said:
" @ch13696: wow sorry i didnt realise i insulted your penis or something. man thats alot of butt hurt over one person OPINION of a game. "
Oh no, don't worry about my penis. My penis is unhurtable. It's like the Superman of all penis'. Anyways, mistakes happen. Just don't let that shit happen again. Complete the game first. Then give an opinion.
#47 Posted by groin (860 posts) -
@ch13696: Fanboy nerd rage always entertains me.
#48 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
@FirePrince said:
"

Yeah,I was afraid this game was going to bomb.Oh well,another franchise down the drain.

"
Wait, what? 

One person shits on it and all of a sudden it's going to bomb. The logic behind this is sound. 

I for one played the multiplayer beta and it was really fun. Wouldn't play it for the story anyways. Who played MW2 for the story, again?
#49 Posted by swat200 (246 posts) -

ok so i tried to be fair and went back to play more......the game proceeded to the glitch out on me and make me restard the mission i was on........twice. yea fuck this game

#50 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

Coming soon to a bargain bin near you: every game ever after some amount of time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.