Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

I regret buying this game

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

I really thought this game would be great. This is the reboot of Medal of Honor, handled seriously by EA; one would think the game was going to be mindblowing. But it isn't. I just played both the multiplayer and singleplayer and I don't feel like playing it anymore. A little voice in my head was telling me to go play Bad Company 2 instead. That's what I'm going to do. 

So never will I buy a game solely based on hype, regardless of what name or moniker it holds. I'm going to wait for the reviews to hit. That's usually what I do, but I made an exception for MoH. I made a mistake.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By meteora

Well, at least you get access to the Battlefield 3 beta.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By foggel

I don't blame you.

@Meteora said:

" Well, at least you get access to the Battlefield 3 beta. "

I'm actually considering buying it now. I was not aware.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should feel regret.

omgmetalgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By omgmetalgear

Don't worry, Black Ops will be out soon.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sanryd

Yeah, I loved the beta for what it was, but BFBC2 is definitely better. Shame that Medal of Honor wasn't able to get back up into the ranks of games like BF and CoD, but I'm not so sure that we need 2 modern military shooters coming out every year.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AuthenticM

I just played a little bit of Frontline (I bought the game on PS3). Here's the cold hard truth: this 8-year old game is better than its modern counterpart. The main theme played on the menu alone moves me more than anything found in MoH.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By FancySoapsMan

What hype? I thought most people were expecting to be a mediocre or at best average FPS game.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Afroman269
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    " What hype? I thought most people were expecting to be a mediocre or at best average FPS game. "
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

I'll buy it for 10 bucks during the Steam Sale next month.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Seppli

I don't regret it one bit. Admittedly, MoH ain't mindblowing in any way, shape or form, but I was well entertained by the campaign, which had some genuinely great moments (being chased off the mountain by 100+ Taliban made my inner hero shine through).

As for the multiplayer, I'm a little more than 24 hours in and have all classes on rank 14 (of 15). I'll be playing it some more, at least until I've done the entire progression. Same as the singleplayer campaign, it ain't a mindblowing gaming experience and there's lots of frustrating design choices, which are especially apparent going up against equally or better skilled players (the in-game skill ranking system has me at roughly 2900 skill rating right now), which turns the game into a tedious camping fest. Nonetheless, every so often Medal of Honor MP is extremely intense. Unparalled actually. The joy and frustration of MoH MP are amplified by the extreme focus of the maps, which can be a blessing, but often just amplifies frustration, due to staring into an enemies barrel at every turn. Clearly a double edged sword.

I got at least 30 hours of fun out of it, which makes it far from a bad purchase. Looking forward to comparing Medal of Honor to Black Ops. 'Til then, I'll be playing some more MoH multiplayer. I also ordered me a disc copy of Wipeout HD/Fury, which hit the bargain bin at my local e-store. Seriously, why moan at all? It's not like Medal of Honor was meant to last. Personally, I soley got it for the purpose of playing it throughout the latter half of October, to great success actually.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Branthog

I didn't think this game would be great. The only reason I played it is that my cancellation of the pre-order as I realized it sucking was surer with each passing day did not (apparently?) go through and it landed at my doorstep on launch day. 

I played it for about ten hours - enough to finish the game, get a bunch of achievements, and have enough multiplayer to thoroughly judge it (though I'm not someone who tends to say you need to experience something that is shitty just to be justified in confirming that it's shitty -- life is too short to waste two hours on a terrible movie when you realize it's terrible ten minutes in). 

I put the game away and probably won't pop it back out ever again. Those ten hours were more than enough and it didn't take long for me to ask myself why in the hell I was wasting my time on MoH multiplayer when I had a perfectly good MW2 and BFBC2 right next to it. 

The multiplayer is incredibly unpolished, but if you were a child and had to therefore rely on christmas for your couple games per year, you could make due with this title if this is what you found under the tree. It would be totally serviceable and help you pass countless hours shooting dudes. However, if you had access to other much better games that had been given love and attention and a nice glossy shine by their developers, I don't know why on earth you wouldn't be playing those, instead. 

It feels a bit dated, too. The only positive thing I have to say about the whole thing is that the team-perks stuff is kind of cool and would be nice to see applied to other games. It feels good to get a streak going and be able to give your whole team the benefit of better ammunition or flak jackets. 

As for Black Ops? I actually pre-ordered it, but only because I had enough Amazon credits for games that I could buy several full priced titles for "free" with it and I've never played a Treyarch Call of Duty, before. I've always skipped them. This will be the first time I've actually played one and, even though I fucking hate the whole "okay, now the last COD game is old shit after just one year, time for the new one" thing, I'm going to give this one a whirl. I'm sure it'll keep me entertained for two or three weeks, before I put it back on the shelf to collect dust like everything else, though.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Seppli
    @Branthog:

While I agree that there are many 'better' games of similar clout, I disagree about not playing them in favor of 'better' games. I'm sorry, but after 600+ hours of BF:BC 2, something a little different ain't a bad thing. While I'd take BF:BC 2 over MoH if I had to chose one or the other - but I'm free to play whatever and I'll do so.

Seriously, you haven't given MoH MP a fair shake. It ain't 'incredibly unpolished' - that's just a ludicrous assessment. All the fundamentals are there and work very well. While 'Combat Mission' mode might often be somewhat frustrating due to overpowered snipers covering a very limited amount angles and terrain, it can offer some outstanding and unique and incredibly intense moments.

Of course, if you ain't looking for a good time...
    hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hockeymask27
    @Afroman269 said:
    " @FancySoapsMan said:
    " What hype? I thought most people were expecting to be a mediocre or at best average FPS game. "
    "
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Shadow

I imagine I would feel similarly.  When it became clear exactly what the game would be, I went out and bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition and don't regret it for a second.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Marz

it's not the best fps out there, but it's also not the worst. 

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By floodiastus

It is shit, the SP campaign doesnt support DX11 (or if so, it sure looks like crap)

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Somewhere there's a fat EA exec sitting on a big pile of money saying "That's right, feel the regret burn into you. Buuuurn, muahahahaha".

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Bouke
    @AuthenticM said:
    "I really thought this game would be great. This is the reboot of Medal of Honor, handled seriously by EA; one would think the game was going to be mindblowing. A little voice in my head was telling me to go play Bad Company 2 instead. That's what I'm going to do.   "

This is exactly why i didn't buy Medal of Honor...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.