Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

Medal of Honor, better than what I was lead to believe

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By warxsnake

I had preordered MOH a while before it came out, and never touched it since, partly due to the large number of negative reviews.  

I just started playing the campaign though, and it's not bad, I like it better than the rail-shooter-disguised-as-an-FPS CoDBo's single player. 

I found that the action is way better paced, CoDBo is just too constant, gave me a headache. I found the level design more interesting, the enemy placements are more engaging; even though this is another corridor shooter, the enemies rarely spawn just in front of you and force you to move around and flank, play with a decent amount of tactics; also sniping is a thing in this game, etc. Also you've probably all seen that youtube vid playing the first level of CoDBo without firing a single shot. Anyway.  
    MoH also operates in the traditional FPS way, which is to reach an area, clear the area of enemies, and progress, while Blops has (most of the time), infinite spawning enemies regardless of what you do, and they will disappear as soon as you reach the next cinematic trigger/checkpoint, trivializing everything you do and what you are shooting at, and the decisions/tactics you took to progress in an area. 

Another sour point in the reviews, and I remember Jeff talking about this in the bombcast and pointing it out in the QL, are the invulnerable NPCs that have to carry out a certain cinematic event before you can kill them. Well, there are a dozen in CoDBo; the one that annoyed me the most was an RPG soldier in the snow level firing a rocket at the bridge you are on, killing the buddy running along with you. I started the checkpoint again (which sent me way back) and found that he was invulnerable for the long duration of his animation while I shot at him.  

All I'm saying is I think people kicked way too much sand in MOH's vagina. If you enjoyed Blops' single player, at least give MoH a try, rent. :)

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By handlas

good to hear.

I just picked it up for 30 bucks on Amazon.  (33 if you include shipping)  Too good a deal to pass up for me so even if the game is so-so it's not like I dropped 60+ bucks on it.  

I got Black Ops as well and it just doesn't do it for me.  Haven't really enjoyed a CoD game since CoD2 but I fall into the hype every single time.  Hopefully MoH will be that needed change for me.  When it came out I was slightly put off by the fact that, when watching vids, the SP and MP looked like almost two completely different games.  I thought the SP looked a lot better than the MP vids I saw even tho I do enjoy Battlefield.  I'll see how I feel when I play it tho...won't get my copy till Thursday.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mordukai
    @handlas: I hope you will like the MP because the SP is short as shit. 
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By handlas
    @Mordukai said:

" @handlas: I hope you will like the MP because the SP is short as shit.  "

Probably for the best since I have Gran Turismo 5, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit still to play.  Almost beat Brotherhood but that game is so good that I'll probably try to collect every little thing in it.
    Ocean_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ocean_H
    @Mordukai said:
    " @handlas: I hope you will like the MP because the SP is short as shit.  "
    Short, yes. But it was way better than Black Ops' singleplayer experience.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By handlas

got it tonight and played a couple hours.  Actually quite enjoy the MP and SP.  Definitely prefer it over Black Ops...guess I'll have to sit in the minority on this one.  Hope we get more MoH games.  I do hope the SP and MP are a little more cohesive next time tho.  Some happy medium between the 2 in this game would be nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.