Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

Medal Of Honor Wants To Welcome You To The Hot Zone

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson
    Medal of Honor is getting not one, but two bits of optional downloadable content on November 2. EA has announced a second mode and map pack (which we'll just call "Hot Zone" for short) which will hit alongside "Clean Sweep" mode and its incoming four maps. The catch is that unlike Clean Sweep, Hot Zone will require some dough--10 bucks across all three of the game's platforms, to be exact.

The mode, Hot Zone, is a King of the Hill kind of deal where teams will "fight over a designated location on a map." Like Clean Sweep, it'll ship with two brand new maps and two redesigned, on-disc maps made specifically for the mode. These two new maps, according to EA, are Hindukush Pass and Korengal Outpost. The two old, redone maps are Shahikot Valley and Helmand Valley. 

No Caption Provided

== TEASER ==My gut says that this mode won't be a good fit. Medal of Honor online is all about line of sight. You won't win if, say, you run out of a corner to touch a specific, highlighted spot on a map. You're supposed to pick a spot, wait, and mow dudes down. That said, level design can make this one if EA successfully prevents any reasons to camp. 

If you want to know a little bit more about Clean Sweep, feel free to check out previous coverage. In a nutshell, it's Team Last Man Standing. 
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson
    Medal of Honor is getting not one, but two bits of optional downloadable content on November 2. EA has announced a second mode and map pack (which we'll just call "Hot Zone" for short) which will hit alongside "Clean Sweep" mode and its incoming four maps. The catch is that unlike Clean Sweep, Hot Zone will require some dough--10 bucks across all three of the game's platforms, to be exact.

The mode, Hot Zone, is a King of the Hill kind of deal where teams will "fight over a designated location on a map." Like Clean Sweep, it'll ship with two brand new maps and two redesigned, on-disc maps made specifically for the mode. These two new maps, according to EA, are Hindukush Pass and Korengal Outpost. The two old, redone maps are Shahikot Valley and Helmand Valley. 

No Caption Provided

== TEASER ==My gut says that this mode won't be a good fit. Medal of Honor online is all about line of sight. You won't win if, say, you run out of a corner to touch a specific, highlighted spot on a map. You're supposed to pick a spot, wait, and mow dudes down. That said, level design can make this one if EA successfully prevents any reasons to camp. 

If you want to know a little bit more about Clean Sweep, feel free to check out previous coverage. In a nutshell, it's Team Last Man Standing. 
    Laughlin_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Laughlin_12

10 bucks? Doesn't seem worth it.

Avatar image for countinhallways
    countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By countinhallways

You know what? I like the new MOH. Quite alot actually.

digital_sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By digital_sin

Meh

Yzzerdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Yzzerdd

10 dollars for a standard multiplayer mode!

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Jayross

Wow. Fuck that!

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#7  Edited By citizenkane
    @countinhallways said:
    " You know what? I like the new MOH. Quite alot actually. "
    Liking a game that most other people don't care much for?  That is just absurd, sir.  Just absurd.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i think we all agree that MOH stinks and should overlook anything related to it

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RsistncE

Yeah $10 bucks is bad...but $15, now that's completely acceptable :S

sander_dutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sander_dutch

I already paid 60 for the game and I feel like there aren't enough MP maps to play. They should definitely give us some more maps to play on...for free that is.
    BF:BC2 didn't have that problem as much due to the size of the maps, but MoH with its smaller maps needs more variety
    Not paying 10 bucks for something that should be free at this point

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DonPixel

jeezz ppl you play this things for weeks, months even years and everything seems expensive in your logic.. I don´t really get it 

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DonPixel
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " i think we all agree that MOH stinks and should overlook anything related to it "
    got troll?
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Donos

I can see how King of the Hill could work, but it's just not worth $10 to me. Also, I already sold my copy.

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

10 bucks for one mode when Undead Nightmare just came out for the same price?
    Yeah okay EA.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @DonPixel said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " i think we all agree that MOH stinks and should overlook anything related to it "
    got troll? "
    no but i got fact ^_^
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DonPixel
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

no but i got fact ^_^ "
    Show some numbers plz or stfu troll .. game is decent, many ppl like it, it has sell well, don´t mix up personal opnion with a facts.
    Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Evilmetal

Wow, this is a fantastic DLC!!

I'd buy 3 copies of the DLC if I could! Come on folks, 10 measely dollars... that's a dinner right there. You can go without eating. You need to learn about fasting, you'll rack up those dollars in no time.

No Caption Provided

( rofl )
    Avatar image for stefanthemongol
    StefanTheMongol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By StefanTheMongol

Hmm, too bad the game was such crap after I beat it I traded it back to GameStop.  I will say this game has some easy trophies/achievements though.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By Seppli

Kinda feels like this stuff should've been there from the get-go. Payin' 10 bucks for it doesn't sit well with me.

Looking how there were so few maps at release, it just feels wrong. Guess I'm gonna pass on the paid DLC.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @DonPixel said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:

no but i got fact ^_^ "
    Show some numbers plz or stfu troll .. game is decent, many ppl like it, it has sell well, don´t mix up personal opnion with a facts. "
    many people like it? are we from the same planet ?
    Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro

My only experience of EA's project $10 has been BF:BC2, and while I liked the idea when I first heard it, in practice it fucking stinks of piss and festering lies. Don't call people "VIPs" and "reward" them by locking off content that should have been available day one. 

Even with Bad Company's largish maps, the restrictions on modes resulted in you playing the same handful of maps over and over until they got tiresome. By the time they deemed their "VIPs" were ready to have the content they paid for unlocked, a lot of people were already fed up with it.

I can see this being even worse considering the size of the maps and only eight available total.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheGremp
    @DonPixel said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:

no but i got fact ^_^ "
    Show some numbers plz or stfu troll .. game is decent, many ppl like it, it has sell well, don´t mix up personal opnion with a facts. "
    Um...  What? 

Nobody likes it.  It's complete and utter crap. 

I agree with Ahmad...  This game is hopeless.  It doesn't deserve our attention, not to mention our money.
    jaketaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jaketaylor

Eh, this game came free with my Xbox 360. Not going to buy this DLC.

lmenzol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lmenzol
    @Ahmad_Metallic: dont read the article then. go back to the bullshit game that is modern warfare 2, black ops is gonna be the same type of easliy abused bullshit  multiplayer
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Branthog
    @Zatoichi_Sanjuro said:
    " My only experience of EA's project $10 has been BF:BC2, and while I liked the idea when I first heard it, in practice it fucking stinks of piss and festering lies. Don't call people "VIPs" and "reward" them by locking off content that should have been available day one.   Even with Bad Company's largish maps, the restrictions on modes resulted in you playing the same handful of maps over and over until they got tiresome. By the time they deemed their "VIPs" were ready to have the content they paid for unlocked, a lot of people were already fed up with it.  I can see this being even worse considering the size of the maps and only eight available total. "
    The problem is that they charge you for access to the "service", but the way I initially understood it when EA began doing this sort of thing was that you were paying for the special network to get DLC free. Instead, you're paying for the "network" and then one (often poor) piece of DLC. Then you have the privilege of paying for the rest of it, like everyone else. Of course, if multiple people live in your household and/or you have multiple machines, that means you may then need to buy the "access" multiple times, too (as opposed to before this bullshit, when everyone had access to everything on the game if you physically owned it). 

It's all a really huge turn-off and I think we'll look back this collectively as a very dark time in gaming history, about ten years down the road.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @lmenzol said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic: dont read the article then. go back to the bullshit game that is modern warfare 2, black ops is gonna be the same type of easliy abused bullshit  multiplayer "
    who told you that im a CoD fanboy ? 

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is where it's at. and you should agree, since you're saying that the MoH MP > CoD MP, and we all know that the MoH MP is a BC2 MP clone. when i was playing the beta i zoned out for a few minutes and thought i was playing BC2
    Piranesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Piranesi

Good to see EA treating their customers with the respect they deserve ... about as much as they value their staff.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    No we don't all agree.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Tennmuerti said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    No we don't all agree. "
    when i say we i mean 90-94% of us 
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @Tennmuerti said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    No we don't all agree. "
    when i say we i mean 90-94% of us  "
    I think we all agree that MOH is a decent game
    As per my definition of "we"
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Tennmuerti said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @Tennmuerti said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    No we don't all agree. "
    when i say we i mean 90-94% of us  "
    I think we all agree that MOH is a decent gameAs per my definition of "we" "
    wait you're just defending a game you like, right ? 
    you do realize almost everyone thinks its a heavily scripted shameless MW2 rip off with mentally challenged (last gen) AI and a pathetic multiplayer component (BC2 clone), right ? this is coming from a guy who likes the MoH series, too.. it's just right there and you cant deny it. if you do, im worried about you, honestly !
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Ahmad_Metallic: I really don't care about the singleplayer, but the multiplayer I think brings its own flavor that I find appealing, it is a mix of MW2 and BFBC2 that I found myself enjoying. My only big problem with the multiplayer is lack of proper progression unlocks (too few guns) otherwise it's great.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Tennmuerti said:
    "  it is a mix of MW2 and BFBC2 "
    i think you need to rephrase that, dont u think ? 
    as i said before, me and alot of other people thought we were playing BC2 when we played the beta. no, im not saying its similar, i said its the exact same thing, 'cept for a couple of minor details! 
     the only thing that reminded me that im playing MoH was the invisible walls
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Tennmuerti said:
    "  it is a mix of MW2 and BFBC2 "
    i think you need to rephrase that, dont u think ? as i said before, me and alot of other people thought we were playing BC2 when we played the beta. no, im not saying its similar, i said its the exact same thing, 'cept for a couple of minor details!  the only thing that reminded me that im playing MoH was the invisible walls "
    No I don't.
    It plays quite differently from BFBC2:
    The guns have much lower spread and hence faster average TTK, closer to MW2's weapons
    There are kill-streaks similar to MW2
    The combat objective maps have a completely different pace to Rush in BC2, with much tighter corridors and faster pace (unless your whole team is sniping)

I love BFBC2 and played the shit out of it (still do from time to time) I also enjoy MW2 from time to time.
    What I found is that most people who only like one franchise and disliked the other instantly rejected MoH, but there are quite a few people who enjoy both and found MoH appealing as well.

It's not a MP without flaws, there are plenty like I said above, the limited weapon selection really bugs me. There are still CTD issues when using missiles and number of maps is a bit limited. But it offers it's own kind of experience that is enjoyed by quite a few people.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Tennmuerti:  ok i guess u dug deep enough in it to find certain qualities it has.. glad you're enjoying it. i guess not everyone is as tolerant as you! i myself tend to be tolerant aswell and not keep discussing similarities with other games and call games rip-offs, but MOH was really too much for me to accept. it had to be innovative to get my cash because at this point i do NOT need another MW2 or BC2, and sadly MOH had no innovation in it, so IMO and in many people's opinions, this game is trash
    Avatar image for generic_crack_dealer
    generic_crack_dealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Medal of Honor online is addicting. I could not get in to BC2 because of its overall feel. I don't know what I mean by that . . . . .  Anyways. MoH has a great single player campaign even though it is short. Making some Taliban dude's head literally explode with a .50 cal? Good stuff. The online is like the baby of battlefield and call of duty. Personally, I think they should have handled the online themselves. Graphics are far better than MW2. Just because MW2 is popular, does not mean it is the greatest multiplayer. It means it's a game that requires enough skill to sit in a corner and push a button. MW2 players would do fine with MoH because they feel the same. If MW2 players switch to Killzone 2 or MAG (mostly KZ tho), they would DIE. I've gone from Call of Duty to Killzone and/or MAG and failed horribly. It took a few hours to get the hang of it. Then, I went from Killzone to Call of Duty. Domination. Call of Duty is a game that any child can pick up and whoop your ass because you are actually running around instead of camping while they are just camping. ---- Killzone 2 and 3 are / will be great because of dedicated servers, INCREDIBLE graphics, and INTENSE gameplay in single player and ESPECIALLY online. I admit to being a killzone fanboy. Even though I love it, I have all of the call of duty games. I need a wide variety of multiplayer games. Happy Word EMPHASIS Day.  ---- Oh, and I love MoH.
    joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

Undead Nightmare was 10 dollars and I got a 6 hour single player campaign (Which is really sad because a lot of games nowadays I pay 60 bucks for and only get an 8 hour campaign) and a bunch of multiplayer content. After what Rockstar did it's going to be extremely hard for to justify spending 10 dollars on new maps and a new game mode that should have been there from the start.
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By spaceturtle

I really enjoyed MOHs campaign, but I have absolutely no interest in the multiplayer AT ALL! So as far as I know, this doesn't concern me.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#39  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

This isn't going to sell anywhere near as well as EA planned.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Branthog

I started and finished everything I will ever do with this game in one weekend and I'm not sure there is anything that could ever get me back to it. The singleplayer is a festering pile of shit, but the multiplayer grew on me the more I played it. Unfortunately, the things I disliked about it become more annoying, too. In the end, I put it on the shelf after one weekend and I don't think I'll ever touch it, again. 

I actually like that it's slower paced than Modern Warfare and Call of Duty yet doesn't have the vehicles of Bad Company. It feels just different enough to offer a little different type of game play. Unfortunately, it lacks some balance and polishing. It feels like endless "get sniped or air-striked; restart; repeat". More than other games. And, when it comes down to it, I can't see why I'd play this when I have Modern Warfare, Bad Company 2, and even Black Ops (we'll see how that pans out, of course). 

I"m most certainly not going to dish out another $10 for more of the experience.

crypto156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By crypto156

This is good news

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.