Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medieval II: Total War

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 14, 2006

Medieval II is the fourth strategy game in the Total War series, and the second based during the The Middle Ages,marking a return for knights, castles and Crusades.

Battlereport! We need your Help! (Long Post)

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Edited By Death_Unicorn

(ATTENTION: LONG POST AHEAD. If you want to skip the boring part, just scroll down until you see Bold Text again.)

Sorry if you can't see, I'm the one that's black and gold in the world map

Hello, my Kaiser, welcome to your daily briefing of the coming and goings of the Empire. As you must know, the Holy Roman Empire is strong, and is the leading force in the entire globe. Everyone fears our military might, our vaults are endless, our population is vast, and we trade with everyone in the known world. We have just finished our glorious crusade against the nasty Fatamids, (Yellow on the map) beating them back into the nasty deserts of the Arabian peninsula. Our two greatest armies were present, the Emperor's 1st Legion and the 2nd, comprising of our greatest, and most hardened units. The political situation in the Middle East is tense, the Fatamids can strike again any second, but do not fear, our garrison is strong in the Holy Land, the Turks (Green) are still bitter from our last feud, and the Byzantines (Purple) are ever looking at fresh opportunities to expand. Pushing against the Fatamids will be easy, as our armies are already positioned in the vicinity, but there remaining regions are underdeveloped, and if we continue the conquest, we will only waste money. Push against the Turks and we push towards modern day Iraq, this seems logical, as Baghdad is a glorious city, however The Mongols are ever near, and the Turks are acting as a beautiful barrier between us ad them. Finally, the Byzantines seem a logical to attack, however our supply lines would be thin, and the Emperor's 1st and 2nd legions would have to be on their own for quite a while before receiving reinforcements. What to do Kaiser? We look up unto you, for only your greatness knows.
    Everyone fears the faceplates of our Gothic Knights.

Europe is at peace, no wars are going on in our vicinity. Our noble allies the Scottish (Blue) remain on their isle, which states the same for the Irish (Green). Aragon (Goldish-Brown) continues to develop at peace with us, as they celebrate our friendship on the Iberian Peninsula when we helped to defeat the vile Portuguese. The Teutonic Order (Black and White Borders) control the entirety of the Balkans having destroyed the Hungarians and now battling the Byzantines. Attacking them has also come to mind, the Balkans are a breadbasket of money, which could all be ours, except the Teutons have been our noble ally for many years and attacking them would make the remaining Christian factions look down on us. Finally, Russia (Blue-Red), our final ally, is making great strides against the Cuman Khanate (Brown-Blue) who are being purged by the Mongols from the South. Attacking Russia has not come to mind, but doing so, would allow us to control the entire Baltic, and take the jewel that is St. Petersburg, a bountiful trade hub on the Baltic.

The last option our generals have thought of is going through the Ukraine, and pushing through the Cuman Khanate's lands, this would take time, as the Steppes are large and take long trekks to journey through. The Cuman Khanate's technology is outdated, their units being barbarians with little armor. Our Gothic Knights would trample them under their shiny metal boots. This venture, would too, near us to the Mongols, which of whom have only heard nasty rumors. They are said to eat babies, and steal cookies mercilessly. So what are we to do my Kaiser? Continue attacking the Fatamids wiping their existence from this planet, making them one more page in history, or attack the Turks, the nomads are not worthy to be in the bountiful Euphrates-Tigris valley, annihilating them is the only pious thing to do. Should we attack the Byzantines? Controlling Anatolia would give us a major share in the Black Sea trade, and the Byzantines are only a shadow of their former selves, losing Constantinople to the Teutons and controlling an outdated military. We could venture into Russia, attacking the Russians themselves, or attacking the Cumans moving us ever closer to our encounter with the Mongols. You have our gold, our military, and our hopes and dreams. We are in your hands Kaiser.

No Caption Provided
    (If you actually read that, you have my thanks, =), but if you scrolled down here just to get the debriefing of what the hell all that text was about I'm about to explain)

Basically, if you didn't get it while reading, or just didn't want to read, I'm asking who should I attack in my Grand Campaign as the Holy Roman Empire. You can use the Global Map in the picture way above to tell me, or actually read the post if you want more details. Sadly, I don't think many will read that huge post... but if you do, thanks, and tell me your thoughts. (Sorry if there are a lot of grammar mistakes, and stuff like that.)

Oh and the mod I'm playing in, if there any Medieval II Total War fanatics like I, is Stainless Steel 6.1, an awesome mod, adding factions, units, and regions.
    Here is the site.

Cheers. =D

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Death_Unicorn

(ATTENTION: LONG POST AHEAD. If you want to skip the boring part, just scroll down until you see Bold Text again.)

Hello, my Kaiser, welcome to your daily briefing of the coming and goings of the Empire. As you must know, the Holy Roman Empire is strong, and is the leading force in the entire globe. Everyone fears our military might, our vaults are endless, our population is vast, and we trade with everyone in the known world. We have just finished our glorious crusade against the nasty Fatamids, (Yellow on the map) beating them back into the nasty deserts of the Arabian peninsula. Our two greatest armies were present, the Emperor's 1st Legion and the 2nd, comprising of our greatest, and most hardened units. The political situation in the Middle East is tense, the Fatamids can strike again any second, but do not fear, our garrison is strong in the Holy Land, the Turks (Green) are still bitter from our last feud, and the Byzantines (Purple) are ever looking at fresh opportunities to expand. Pushing against the Fatamids will be easy, as our armies are already positioned in the vicinity, but there remaining regions are underdeveloped, and if we continue the conquest, we will only waste money. Push against the Turks and we push towards modern day Iraq, this seems logical, as Baghdad is a glorious city, however The Mongols are ever near, and the Turks are acting as a beautiful barrier between us ad them. Finally, the Byzantines seem a logical to attack, however our supply lines would be thin, and the Emperor's 1st and 2nd legions would have to be on their own for quite a while before receiving reinforcements. What to do Kaiser? We look up unto you, for only your greatness knows.

Europe is at peace, no wars are going on in our vicinity. Our noble allies the Scottish (Blue) remain on their isle, which states the same for the Irish (Green). Aragon (Goldish-Brown) continues to develop at peace with us, as they celebrate our friendship on the Iberian Peninsula when we helped to defeat the vile Portuguese. The Teutonic Order (Black and White Borders) control the entirety of the Balkans having destroyed the Hungarians and now battling the Byzantines. Attacking them has also come to mind, the Balkans are a breadbasket of money, which could all be ours, except the Teutons have been our noble ally for many years and attacking them would make the remaining Christian factions look down on us. Finally, Russia (Blue-Red), our final ally, is making great strides against the Cuman Khanate (Brown-Blue) who are being purged by the Mongols from the South. Attacking Russia has not come to mind, but doing so, would allow us to control the entire Baltic, and take the jewel that is St. Petersburg, a bountiful trade hub on the Baltic.

The last option our generals have thought of is going through the Ukraine, and pushing through the Cuman Khanate's lands, this would take time, as the Steppes are large and take long trekks to journey through. The Cuman Khanate's technology is outdated, their units being barbarians with little armor. Our Gothic Knights would trample them under their shiny metal boots. This venture, would too, near us to the Mongols, which of whom have only heard nasty rumors. They are said to eat babies, and steal cookies mercilessly. So what are we to do my Kaiser? Continue attacking the Fatamids wiping their existence from this planet, making them one more page in history, or attack the Turks, the nomads are not worthy to be in the bountiful Euphrates-Tigris valley, annihilating them is the only pious thing to do. Should we attack the Byzantines? Controlling Anatolia would give us a major share in the Black Sea trade, and the Byzantines are only a shadow of their former selves, losing Constantinople to the Teutons and controlling an outdated military. We could venture into Russia, attacking the Russians themselves, or attacking the Cumans moving us ever closer to our encounter with the Mongols. You have our gold, our military, and our hopes and dreams. We are in your hands Kaiser.

No Caption Provided
    (If you actually read that, you have my thanks, =), but if you scrolled down here just to get the debriefing of what the hell all that text was about I'm about to explain)

Basically, if you didn't get it while reading, or just didn't want to read, I'm asking who should I attack in my Grand Campaign as the Holy Roman Empire. You can use the Global Map in the picture way above to tell me, or actually read the post if you want more details. Sadly, I don't think many will read that huge post... but if you do, thanks, and tell me your thoughts. (Sorry if there are a lot of grammar mistakes, and stuff like that.)

Oh and the mod I'm playing in, if there any Medieval II Total War fanatics like I, is Stainless Steel 6.1, an awesome mod, adding factions, units, and regions.
    Here is the site.

Cheers. =D

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By PowerSerj

From what I gather from your battle report, I would launch an assault on the Byzantines. Their outdated army would most likely be stretched to the breaking point if they start being attacked on a second front, what with the Teutonic Order already engaging them in fisticuffs. After you defeat the Byzantines, you could think about expanding on the Teutonic Order's eastern side and then turn on them and crush them like the tender, powerless fools we all know them to be. After those two are out of the way, you could continue your invasion south into the Mediterranean, and then heave a final push east on a southern front and northern front.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Death_Unicorn
    @PowerSerj: Yeah, I think that will be a good idea, since the Teutonic Order can easily keep them distracted while I get them from behind.
    Also, thanks for commenting! +Brownie Points! :D
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By turbomonkey138

This game looks kinda fun

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By End_Boss

The blue guys.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Ineedaname

Hmm looking that, you seem to be able to get to the greens decently, and if the Byewhatever are weak by the time you've taken the green with the majority of your force, you should be able to take a slightly more developed byewhatevers. If you leave the Turks they might get a bit of an army on the go, so you might lose a fair few troops in the process, attack now and you should be able to take them, rather than losing a few troops by not attacking, and going for someone else, only making attacking the greens more difficult.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Death_Unicorn
    @turbomonkey138: Yeah, Medieval II Total War, well even all the Total Wars are great games. I highly recommend them to any strategy fan, and they are easy time sinks. I must have put about 60+ hours into this campaign alone.

@End_Boss: So you want me to backstab my friends mercilessly, and toss them aside ruthlessly, as if they were some sort of puppet? :D

@Ineedaname: Attacking the Turks seems very viable, however, I actually am scared of the Mongols. I think I'll probably attack the Byzantines first, then move on to the Turks.

Lastly, if you guys did read it all, I hope you enjoyed reading it. =)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.