Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mega Man 10

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 01, 2010

When a robotic virus causes robots to either malfunction or go berserk, it's up to Mega Man and Proto Man to help cure it in the second deliberately-retro installment of the Mega Man series.

Keiji Inafune on the Future of Megaman

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Capcom held a live webcast for Megaman's 22nd Anniversary yesterday, in which viewers were able to ask Keiji Inafune about his plans for the series. The following is from a IGN summary of the online event:

He was asked about the possibility of returning to the Mega Man X series doing 16-Bit style graphics. Inafune said he'd consider it if he had the time, but also added he's looking to do something different with the famous Blue Bomber. 

"I love the series and I'd love to make a game like that, but you have no idea how busy I am," Inafune said. "I'm glad the fans love the X series, but I think before I make a return to that series, I want to do something completely different with Mega Man." 

"Once I have the time, then maybe I can think about another Mega Man X game," he added. 

As for returning to 16-bit graphic style, Inafune said the return to 8-bit with Mega Man 9 and 10 allowed him to do what he always wanted to do with the graphics, adding, "8-Bit is where Mega Man was born." But Inafune said maybe sometime in the future he'll look at going 16-bit. 

He was later asked about developing a 2D Mega Man title with the same level of detail as VanillaWare's Muramasa and Odin Sphere titles. "That's a good idea, cause the graphics in those games are good, but as a designer and creator, if I did copy that style, it would be imitating, he said. 

"It's not proper manners to steal." 

He was also asked about a new Mega Man Legends 3 and Mega Man Powered Up 2. Inafune said "If Ben Judd produces it, we can have a Mega Man Legends 3," he said jokingly (we think). Judd was the producer for both the latest Bionic Commando: Rearmed and Bionic Commando. 

As for another 'Powered Up' title, Inafune hinted we'll see a sequel. "We liked doing the games, there's a very strong possibility you'll see another 'Powered Up' game," he said. 

Lastly, Inafune was asked about 3D Mega Man titles. He said its tough to make the jump to 3D with the series because so much of its design is based in a 2D playing field, and added its hard to fine tune to that type of gameplay. 

Thoughts? 

Mega Man 10  - Sheep Man Demo -

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Godwind

I thought Megaman X was suppose to be lame... at least according to someone else.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I wonder if they will ever decide to bridge the gap between the Megaman and Megaman X series? The suspense is killing me!!!

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Godwind
    @SathingtonWaltz said:
    " I wonder if they will ever decide to bridge the gap between the Megaman and Megaman X series? The suspense is killing me!!! "
    Gap was already birdged.
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    @Godwind: Source? 
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By ZenaxPure

That defiantly got my hopes up a bit for a Legends 3. By far my favorite Mega Man series and would love to see it continued. I don't think they have aged well so a new one would be interesting.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Godwind
    @Zenaxzd said:
    " That defiantly got my hopes up a bit for a Legends 3. By far my favorite Mega Man series and would love to see it continued. I don't think they have aged well so a new one would be interesting. "
    A remake for the Wii?

@SathingtonWaltz said:
    " @Godwind: Source?  "

The games bitch.
    Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Synthballs
    @Godwind: Slap them for being wrong
    queenulhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By queenulhu

if they don' t make megaman x9 NOW they are seriously missing the opportunity to fully realize the original style of the game with 3D graphics.... they tried with x7 & x8 [hell i enjoyed them both, beat the shit out of them HARD] but the attempt still felt kinda... empty.. maybe it's the campyness of sci-fi anime storylines... they need to take megaman to a dark place.... people's emotions need to get involved here.  megaman is probably my favorite game character ever but he's certainly lost his appeal to me over the years as i went from being a little girl to a woman.  i want a megaman for the new grown-up me.  i want a megaman story to break my heart... kill everyone!!!!! haha i'm so morbid n_n; 

linky you totally knew i'd respond to this lol

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @skywave:  

I didn't, but I expected you to reply to my current blog, seeing as though you won't be getting the sexy Bayonetta replica guns in the US.  
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Godwind
    @skywave said:
    " if they don' t make megaman x9 NOW they are seriously missing the opportunity to fully realize the original style of the game with 3D graphics.... they tried with x7 & x8 [hell i enjoyed them both, beat the shit out of them HARD] but the attempt still felt kinda... empty.. maybe it's the campyness of sci-fi anime storylines... they need to take megaman to a dark place.... people's emotions need to get involved here.  megaman is probably my favorite game character ever but he's certainly lost his appeal to me over the years as i went from being a little girl to a woman.  i want a megaman for the new grown-up me.  i want a megaman story to break my heart... kill everyone!!!!! haha i'm so morbid n_n;  linky you totally knew i'd respond to this lol "
    I still love Megaman.  However, I have always taken it light hearted so my concern with quality wasn't a priority. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.