I BEAT MEGA MAN 2... WITH A DANCE PAD.

Posted by Nario (92 posts) -

I BEAT MEGA MAN 2... WITH A DANCE PAD!
 
  

 
    

This was my third try at doing Dr. Wily's Fortress, done all in one take. No cheat codes, no save states, etc.

I hope you all enjoy watching this new milestone in gaming history!  
 
EPISODE GUIDE:
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUObZ5Krafw&fmt=35: Episode 1 - Air Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ARIV2puF4g&fmt=35: Episode 2 - Flash Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY-qXwSomS8&fmt=35: Episode 3 - Quick Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxnfpYikjWA&fmt=35: Episode 4 - Metal Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBmZPUMk-IY&fmt=35: Episode 5 - Bubble Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKdvvC8fHrY&fmt=35: Episode 6 - Heat Man 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWtMGqOQwRU&fmt=35: Episode 7 - Crash Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAbIPjr0bTw&fmt=35: Episode 8 - Wood Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3aokRrWbbU&fmt=35: Final Episode - Dr. Wily (Part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-p8VUAzoaU&fmt=35: Final Episode - Dr. Wily (Part 2)
#1 Posted by Nario (92 posts) -

I BEAT MEGA MAN 2... WITH A DANCE PAD!
 
  

 
    

This was my third try at doing Dr. Wily's Fortress, done all in one take. No cheat codes, no save states, etc.

I hope you all enjoy watching this new milestone in gaming history!  
 
EPISODE GUIDE:
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUObZ5Krafw&fmt=35: Episode 1 - Air Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ARIV2puF4g&fmt=35: Episode 2 - Flash Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY-qXwSomS8&fmt=35: Episode 3 - Quick Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxnfpYikjWA&fmt=35: Episode 4 - Metal Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBmZPUMk-IY&fmt=35: Episode 5 - Bubble Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKdvvC8fHrY&fmt=35: Episode 6 - Heat Man 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWtMGqOQwRU&fmt=35: Episode 7 - Crash Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAbIPjr0bTw&fmt=35: Episode 8 - Wood Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3aokRrWbbU&fmt=35: Final Episode - Dr. Wily (Part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-p8VUAzoaU&fmt=35: Final Episode - Dr. Wily (Part 2)
#2 Posted by Astrovik (36 posts) -

You're cheating.if you had played with the regular controller you would never have beaten AirMan....nobody can beat Airman.

#3 Posted by Pepsiman (2470 posts) -
@Astrovik: エアマンが倒せないよ!
 
Still, god damn major props duder. I was hoping you'd tackle Ninja Gaiden next, but I accept that doing that game on a dance pad may very well be a suicide mission.
#4 Posted by Azrail (404 posts) -

i just beat ddr3 using a dance bad 
 
 
 
o wait...

#5 Edited by Sarumarine (2224 posts) -

Holy hell, man. You beat the Security System Boss with a dance pad. You beat Mega Man 2 with a dance pad! At this point I'm convinced you could save the world with a dance pad. 
 
When you get done with Castlevania III, I would suggest Battletoads. You know, if you like pain. Heh. (Don't do Battletoads, I'm joking).

Online
#6 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -
@Nario:  Very, VERY nice going mate, althrough, i wish you would remove those plush animals. Seems kinda....weird, no offense.
#7 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

I can't beat that damn game with a controller.

#8 Edited by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -
christ. 

@Jethuty
said:
" @Nario:  Very, VERY nice going mate, althrough, i wish you would remove those plush animals. Seems kinda....weird, no offense. "

Dude is entitled to his plushies if he wants them!
#9 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -
@jadeskye said:
" christ. 

@Jethuty
said:
" @Nario:  Very, VERY nice going mate, althrough, i wish you would remove those plush animals. Seems kinda....weird, no offense. "
Dude is entitled to his plushies if he wants them! "
erm yes? i didnt DEMAND him to remove them. i just said i wish he would.
 
see the difference mate? :)
#10 Edited by Bluethunder35 (337 posts) -

So, you're the guy who actually did it? That's really cool. Some people can't even beat Mega Man 2 with their hands. You danced your way to victory.

#11 Posted by Nario (92 posts) -
@jadeskye said:
" christ. 

@Jethuty
said:
" @Nario:  Very, VERY nice going mate, althrough, i wish you would remove those plush animals. Seems kinda....weird, no offense. "
Dude is entitled to his plushies if he wants them! "
I've been waiting four weeks for someone to mention this. Thank you.
 
And thanks for the positive feedback everyone! I know that people doubted that I could ever beat this game with a dance pad, but the video hasn't gone viral yet (except for at Capcom's Main Site) so they don't know that I have proven them wrong. Tell your friends about this if you can! Thanks!
#12 Posted by Colin (707 posts) -

I want your dance pads babies.
#13 Posted by Doubt (329 posts) -

this should be under dance pad  
 
lol good job!

#14 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -
@Nario said:
" @jadeskye said:
" christ. 

@Jethuty
said:
" @Nario:  Very, VERY nice going mate, althrough, i wish you would remove those plush animals. Seems kinda....weird, no offense. "
Dude is entitled to his plushies if he wants them! "
I've been waiting four weeks for someone to mention this. Thank you.  And thanks for the positive feedback everyone! I know that people doubted that I could ever beat this game with a dance pad, but the video hasn't gone viral yet (except for at Capcom's Main Site) so they don't know that I have proven them wrong. Tell your friends about this if you can! Thanks! "
i dunno, seems abit weird that you are so keen on having those toy animals there, but if you want them there, there is nothing i can do about it.
 
still dosent change the fact that you did an awesome job on the game part.
#15 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

This is amazing. There needs to be an award for this.

#16 Edited by Nario (92 posts) -
@Jethuty said:

" @Nario said:

" @jadeskye said:

" christ. 

@Jethuty
said:

" @Nario:  Very, VERY nice going mate, althrough, i wish you would remove those plush animals. Seems kinda....weird, no offense. "
Dude is entitled to his plushies if he wants them! "
I've been waiting four weeks for someone to mention this. Thank you.  And thanks for the positive feedback everyone! I know that people doubted that I could ever beat this game with a dance pad, but the video hasn't gone viral yet (except for at Capcom's Main Site) so they don't know that I have proven them wrong. Tell your friends about this if you can! Thanks! "
i dunno, seems abit weird that you are so keen on having those toy animals there, but if you want them there, there is nothing i can do about it."
It is intentionally weird: anyone who thinks the plush toys are stupid or thinks I am stupid all because they see the plush toys in front of the TV, they've fallen into a trap. The point of the video is to watch me beat Mega Man 2 on a dance pad--not an easy feet, er, feat--and to criticize anything besides that is beyond the point, is minuscule, is picky, and isn't worth mentioning. I do this to get a rise out of any and all haters, only to harden the faith of my true fans, of which are growing by the day, and I am VERY VERY thankful and grateful to have them.
 
You, on the other hand, seem to have enough intelligence to slightly ignore the plush toys, as you complimented me for my hard work, and I am thankful, but the toys still bothered you a little bit, which means you bit nonetheless. However, as I said before, I think you have enough sense to be able to look past the plush toys, and that's why I have shared all this info with you: I have revealed their purpose for all to see, a dangerous move on my part. :)
 
So, yes, the toys are pretty much flamebait, and anyone ignoring me playing games with a dance pad is missing the point. Yeah, I thought hard about all this. Oh, and honestly, these videos have gotten attention from ladies more than what most comments would have you believe. Seriously, the Super Mario Bros. video has done wonders. :)
#17 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -

Amazing simply amazing 

#18 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -
@Nario said:
" @Jethuty said:

" @Nario said:

" @jadeskye said:

" christ. 

@Jethuty
said:

" @Nario:  Very, VERY nice going mate, althrough, i wish you would remove those plush animals. Seems kinda....weird, no offense. "
Dude is entitled to his plushies if he wants them! "
I've been waiting four weeks for someone to mention this. Thank you.  And thanks for the positive feedback everyone! I know that people doubted that I could ever beat this game with a dance pad, but the video hasn't gone viral yet (except for at Capcom's Main Site) so they don't know that I have proven them wrong. Tell your friends about this if you can! Thanks! "
i dunno, seems abit weird that you are so keen on having those toy animals there, but if you want them there, there is nothing i can do about it."
It is intentionally weird: anyone who thinks the plush toys are stupid or thinks I am stupid all because they see the plush toys in front of the TV, they've fallen into a trap. The point of the video is to watch me beat Mega Man 2 on a dance pad--not an easy feet, er, feat--and to criticize anything besides that is beyond the point, is minuscule, is picky, and isn't worth mentioning. I do this to get a rise out of any and all haters, only to harden the faith of my true fans, of which are growing by the day, and I am VERY VERY thankful and grateful to have them. You, on the other hand, seem to have enough intelligence to slightly ignore the plush toys, as you complimented me for my hard work, and I am thankful, but the toys still bothered you a little bit, which means you bit nonetheless. However, as I said before, I think you have enough sense to be able to look past the plush toys, and that's why I have shared all this info with you: I have revealed their purpose for all to see, a dangerous move on my part. :)  So, yes, the toys are pretty much flamebait, and anyone ignoring me playing games with a dance pad is missing the point. Yeah, I thought hard about all this. Oh, and honestly, these videos have gotten attention from ladies more than what most comments would have you believe. Seriously, the Super Mario Bros. video has done wonders. :) "
i wish you would have said that from the start but nevermind :)
#19 Posted by Capum15 (4874 posts) -

Awesome.

#20 Posted by Nario (92 posts) -
@Jethuty said: i wish you would have said that from the start but nevermind :)
 
 
I don't think people would like to read five paragraphs of text every time I post my next series of videos. haha!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.