When did you realize this game was great?

#1 Posted by Terrell (417 posts) -

For me, it was when I was a kid and finally beat all the Robot Masters, and thought that the game was over, but then even MORE levels opened up and I thought "Yep, this is pretty much greatness!"  Yo this game is hot for real....

#2 Posted by deaux (233 posts) -

For me it was the Quickman level.  That stands out in my mind as one of the trickiest and most memorable levels of the 8bit era.
I'm looking forward to Mega Man 9 for sure.

#3 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

When I put the game in my NES and the music started playing.

#4 Posted by Terrell (417 posts) -
deaux said:
"For me it was the Quickman level.  That stands out in my mind as one of the trickiest and most memorable levels of the 8bit era.
I'm looking forward to Mega Man 9 for sure."
Definitely forgot about quick man!!!  man I need to find that game...
#5 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -
Kush said:
"When I put the game in my NES and the music started playing."
same
#6 Posted by gunswordfist (576 posts) -

The Title Screen.

hehe Seriously, I'm not sure but it was probably Clash Man's level or maybe Quick Man's (LOVE that music) But it was definitely Mega Man 2's level design that made me have it as my favorite MM. I love this game and glad I finally beat it a few weeks ago on my 360 on Mega Man Anniversary Collection.

#7 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Actually, just the title screen with the swooping camera up the building was enough for me :)

#8 Posted by gunswordfist (576 posts) -

I know what you mean. Best title screen ever! I love how Mega Man's helmet appears on his head when you start the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.