Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mega Man 8

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 17, 1996

The eighth installment of the Mega Man series brings Mega Man's adventure to 32-bit consoles (complete with a brand new art style and animated cutscenes), as he must battle Dr. Wily's new Robot Masters while investigating a connection between a mysterious purple orb and a damaged robot that fell from space.

Who did the music?

ChibiKillstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Okay, turning to the best of the best here. Does anyone have an idea who did the music for this game? PSX or Saturn?

I got super curious because I just kickstarter'd Mighty No. 9 mostly because they managed to get a good amount of Mega Man-ness in the music sample, and I was curious who was responsible for my one of my favorite Mega Man soundtracks of all time.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's a fun game with an equally fun soundtrack. Clown man's stage music will forever be ingrained in my head.

The main composer was Shinji Amagishi who also worked on the best Megaman series, Megaman Legends :)

His credits page: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,147951/

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By GnaTSoL

WOOOOOW..... This is tooo weird. I was looking up this game composer recently as well. I instead checked wiki and it lists Shusaku Uchiyama as the composer... So IDK

Megaman 8 btw........ best megaman. *STANDS TALL*

Tenguman: "FEEL MY POWAA!"

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

Wikipedia says Shusaku Uchiyama.

ChibiKillstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, thanks guys for compensating for my laziness! Good to see some more Megaman 8 fans here.

Now have some Tenguman

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JUMP! JUMP!

Anyone know if the one that came with the Anniversary Collection is the same one as the Anniversary Edition of 8?

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@thunderslash: What's the Anniversary Edition of 8?

Also, sorry, yeah it's Uchiyama. Amagishi did the sound effects for the game.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ThunderSlash

@zero_: I believe the Anniversary Edition is just the original release. It just has the "Anniversary Edition" subtitle. I don't think the Mega Man Anniversary Collection kept that subtitle in its version of 8. So I was wondering if there were differences besides the name.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.