Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mega Man 9

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 22, 2008

Mega Man returns to his roots in this deliberately retro side-scrolling platformer that simulates the style and simplicity of the first six Mega Man games.

What's your plan of action?

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoG
    The command center
    The command center

So, Mega Man 9 comes out tomorrow. Personally, I'm already thinking out my strategy for tomorrow, and I can't be the only one. So, what is your plan of action? Who do you think beats who?
    Personally, I'm going to tackle Tornado Man first. He just seems like the guy who should be my #1 target. After that, it will be Hornet Man, because I don't think hornets like tornadoes much. Next, it will be Magma Man, because I don't really know where to go next, followed by Jewel Man, because I think Magma would be a jewel's weakness, and then Concrete Man, for a Jewel could possibly be tougher then concrete. Next, with my plethora of weapons, I'll go after plug man, followed by Galaxy man, as some odd connection between the two is being made in my head. Plug man must beat Galaxy Man!
    Finally, I'll take on Splash Woman. I'm saving her for last, as I feel it is more polite to save a woman's beating for last. I have no idea what would best her, and actually, I'm probably stupid, as I'd bet her weapon would be a good one to start with.
    Anyways, what is your take? Also, if you somehow know the guide, make sure to warn everyone, as I know I don't want to read it.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emilio

Splash Woman first, cus I don't like sloppy seconds. Then I'll go in a clockwise beating spree, or until I get frustrated and throw my controller at the wall.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Willy105

Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, 2 Lefts, Down, Down

In that order.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Dalai

I'll try this first.

1. Plug Man
    2. Splash Woman
    3. Magma Man
    4. Concrete Man
    5. Hornet Man
    6. Tornado Man
    7. Galaxy Man
    8. Jewel Man
    Just an educated guess, really.  I'm likely wrong.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5  Edited By mike

When is this supposed to be coming out on both Xbox Live and PSN?  Does anyone know anything about the differences between the two versions?

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Endogene

ask some friends over and play it with them i guess
    guess we'll start with splash woman, you know since she is splash woman

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Willy105
    MB said:
    "When is this supposed to be coming out on both Xbox Live and PSN?  Does anyone know anything about the differences between the two versions?"
    They are all the same, but the release dates are different. The Wii version comes out tomorrow, for PS3 next week, and 360 the week after that.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BoG
    Willy105 said:
    "MB said:
    "When is this supposed to be coming out on both Xbox Live and PSN?  Does anyone know anything about the differences between the two versions?"
    They are all the same, but the release dates are different. The Wii version comes out tomorrow, for PS3 next week, and 360 the week after that."
    There will be sublte resolution differences. The Wii will have the most pure, NES like graphics, others will be smoother.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Emilio

Okay, wait, so the 360 version is coming NEXT week? Not this starting week? Man, I have 800 points saved up for nothing then... except some Duke Nukem 3D * insert sunglass smiley *

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
    Emilio said:
    "Okay, wait, so the 360 version is coming NEXT week? Not this starting week? Man, I have 800 points saved up for nothing then... except some Duke Nukem 3D * insert sunglass smiley *"
    Man I'm in the same boat as you.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By jakob187

I know that the game has an option to enable frame rate lag and clipping issues, just like the old games.  I know that sounds stupid to this newer generation of gamers, but for both nostalgia and glitching purposes, that shit's awesome!!!

As for order...dood:

Splash Woman > Magma Man (obviously)
    Splash Woman > Hornet Man (because in case you didn't know, hornets fucking hate water)
    Splash Woman > Concrete Man (because what do you mix concrete with?)
    Splash Woman > Plug Man (because unless they mean "butt plug", I'm assuming it's electric, and what happens with water and electricity?)

So right there alone takes out four of the seven leftovers.

Splash Woman first.  Then go in that order.  After that:

Jewel Man (using Concrete and/or Magma Man's powers)
    Tornado Man (using Hornet and/or Splash Woman's powers)
    Galaxy Man (using fuck knows what, because how do you beat a galaxy?!  lol  plug it up, I guess?!)

= D
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Emilio
    jakob187 said:
    "
    Galaxy Man (using fuck knows what, because how do you beat a galaxy?!  lol  plug it up, I guess?!)"
    You get Super Mario on the job, duh!
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Karmum
    MB said:
    Aside from the achievements in the Xbox Live version, probably nothing too subtle.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BoG
    jakob187 said:
    "I know that the game has an option to enable frame rate lag and clipping issues, just like the old games.  I know that sounds stupid to this newer generation of gamers, but for both nostalgia and glitching purposes, that shit's awesome!!!
    As for order...dood:

Splash Woman > Hornet Man (because in case you didn't know, hornets fucking hate water)
    Splash Woman > Plug Man (because unless they mean "butt plug", I'm assuming it's electric, and what happens with water and electricity?)

Galaxy Man (using fuck knows what, because how do you beat a galaxy?!  lol  plug it up, I guess?!)

= D
    "
    I know, that is why I think I am such an idiot. Splash Woman seems like the one who beats all, but I feel for my first play, she must come last, as her presence is monumental.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187
    Emilio said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "
    Galaxy Man (using fuck knows what, because how do you beat a galaxy?!  lol  plug it up, I guess?!)"
    You get Super Mario on the job, duh!"
    Quoted for win!
    BoG said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "I know that the game has an option to enable frame rate lag and clipping issues, just like the old games.  I know that sounds stupid to this newer generation of gamers, but for both nostalgia and glitching purposes, that shit's awesome!!!
    As for order...dood:

= D
    "
    I know, that is why I think I am such an idiot. Splash Woman seems like the one who beats all, but I feel for my first play, she must come last, as her presence is monumental."
    Guess the time's they are a'changin'...  LOL
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zitosilva

Tornado Man and Hornet Man both look like good places to start. Don't ask me why, they just do. And I'm pretty sure I'll leave Jewel Man for last. He seems to be the hardest of them all.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#17  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I'm going to go after paper man first.  Then I'll use his power against rock man, and after that I'll go after scissors man.  Or I'll just patiently wait for the 360 release while I play Duke Nukem 3D. ; )

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BoG
    SpaceInsomniac said:
    "I'm going to go after paper man first.  Then I'll use his power against rock man, and after that I'll go after scissors man.  Or I'll just patiently wait for the 360 release while I play Duke Nukem 3D. ; )"
    Cut Man, Wood Man, and Stone Man aren't in this game. Sorry Man.
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    BoG said:
    "SpaceInsomniac said:
    "I'm going to go after paper man first.  Then I'll use his power against rock man, and after that I'll go after scissors man.  Or I'll just patiently wait for the 360 release while I play Duke Nukem 3D. ; )"
    Cut Man, Wood Man, and Stone Man aren't in this game. Sorry Man."
    Wasn't there an actual rock man?  If not yet, I'm sure there will be one by the time Mega Man 17 rolls around.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BoG
    SpaceInsomniac said:
    "BoG said:
    "SpaceInsomniac said:
    Wasn't there an actual rock man?  If not yet, I'm sure there will be one by the time Mega Man 17 rolls around."
    Mega Man IS Rock Man, actually, so you won't see a Rock Man in Mega Man 17.
    Robocop111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Robocop111

Like Megaman I to am a cyborg, and I have something to say to Magma man, bring it on!

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheFreeMan

I think I'm in the same boat as BoG, in the fact that I'll leave Splash Woman for last. Gotta give her time to prepare and all.

I'll probably go for Plug Man first, because he sounds like a wimpy boss (it's how I chose my perfect order in Megaman X. The Penguin looked like a wimp, turned out he was a wimp), and from there it'll go to Concrete, to Tornado, to Hornet, to Magma, to Jewel, and then finally to Galaxy.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    BoG said:
    "SpaceInsomniac said:
    "BoG said:
    "SpaceInsomniac said:
    Wasn't there an actual rock man?  If not yet, I'm sure there will be one by the time Mega Man 17 rolls around."
    Mega Man IS Rock Man, actually, so you won't see a Rock Man in Mega Man 17."
    Oh yeah, in Japan.  I forgot all about that, but I guess that's why I knew I'd heard something about Rock Man before.  Hahaha.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BoG
    TheFreeMan said:
    "I think I'm in the same boat as BoG, in the fact that I'll leave Splash Woman for last. Gotta give her time to prepare and all.."
    I'll make sure she knows when I'm coming. There was confusion over when I was supposed to pick up my prom date, and that was ugly. 
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Shadow

When it's released, I'm going to play through Megaman X4, put a screenshot of Megaman 9, and laugh while I play a good game.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BoG

Ok, so here is how it has gone for me so far *SPOILERS*

I did end up taking Tornado Man first. His stage was great, I actually got an achievement for quick finish once I mastered it. After multiple deaths, I finally beat tornado man. I went on to Hornet Man as planned, but his stage proved to be intensely frustrating, mostly due to that stupid flower mini boss. I skipped him and tried Galaxy Man, who was EASY AS CAKE. He took a while, as I didn't have his weakness, but patience won in the end. I went back to Hornet Man for another go. I finally mastered most of the stage, and after a ton of game overs, beat him. Tornado Blow wasn't his weakness, but it helped out a ton, as it blew the bees away. Next I took on Magma Man, who's weakness turned out to be Tornado Blow. When you use it, his attack becomes very weak, and he loses all defense. Worth noting, his stage is intimidating.
    Next, it was off to Jewel Man. TONS of game overs on this stage, probably the second most on any stage. I'm pretty sure his weakness was the black hole bomb, at least that is how I beat him. I then moved on to plug man, which was perfect, because his weakness was jewel sattelite.  Of course, I DIED when he was almost dead, and I rand out of jewel sattelite. I had an E tank, so I just muscled my way to victory.
    After that, it was concrete man, and overall, that wasn't too tough. I don't think it was his weakness, but the hornets seemed to do decent damage.
    I'm now on Splash, and I can't get past this one screen.
    Anyways, just thought I'd say nothing worked as planned. Oh well.

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Earthbounder

SPOILERS

I beat Splash Woman first and then I did Galaxy Man's stage and the boss without losing a single life. Those two stages are pretty
    easy. Then I went after Concrete Man and despite the hard stage the boss battle turned out to be quite easy because of Splash Woman's weapon. I reached Plug Man and Tornado Man too but I was not able to beat them. :(

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Otacon

BoG don't taunt me with this! was checking Wiiware all of yesterday but Europe still haven't got the damn thing!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#29  Edited By Hailinel

I tackled Splash Woman's stage first.  I actually ended up spending bolts to buy an energy tank so I could defeat her, but I didn't find her to be too difficult.

(And though I found this out after the fact, her weakness is actually the last thing I would have expected.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.