It's your fault Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled.

• 92 results
#1 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

That's right, "fans", it's your fault there will be no Mega Man Legends 3. I'm sorry, you wanted a new Legends game? Well I guess you should have tried harder, tried harder like real Mega Mans fans would have.

AND DID.

Oh am sorry, are you confused? Well I'd expect you to be. Only real fans would keep up with the most recent Capcom news.

Let me enlighten you filthy clods.

I guess if you wanted Legends 3 you should have really made your voice heard, or you know, tried at all.

How dare you lazy fucks expect a company to develop a new title without your undying support during each and every step of the process, how dare you. Is it that hard to send a tweet, to post a facebook message now and then? I mean honestly, all this outcry over the game's cancellation just seems incredibly childish when you never really cared in the first place

"Oh no I didn't get that job, now how will I stuff my lazy ass with microwavable pizza flakes." Well maybe you should have got up and turned the fucking application in you dumb slob.

That's you by the way. I'm pointing out how undisciplined and ill mannered you are, swine.

Maybe this is the wake up call you all needed, maybe from now on you'll realize Capcom isn't just going to treat you like a fucking baby and make games you don't work for. Nothing in life is going to come to you on a silver platter, wrapped up and topped with a golden bow, and Legends 3 is no exception.

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

@xchaos12@gmail.com said:

The Capcom Euro twitter account is a PR disaster right now. Look at this nonsense.

Man alive who is running that twitter account.

#2 Posted by Vinny_Says (5691 posts) -

good, fuck that mega man, glad he's dead!

#3 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Unfortunately, Capcom refuses to greenlight games even if there is a vocal fan base.
I'm looking at you, Resident Evil: Outbreak.

#4 Posted by RE_Player1 (7551 posts) -

I take full responsibility for the cancellation of this project and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

#5 Posted by EuanDewar (4796 posts) -

Fuck this game.

#6 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm said:
#7 Edited by Icemael (6312 posts) -

I don't really care that this is cancelled. I don't want a 3D Mega Man. Especially not without dual analogue control.

#8 Posted by onarum (2028 posts) -

I blame society.

#9 Posted by Ramone (2960 posts) -

What the hell. That is just...wow. I think Capcom need some lessons in PR.

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36124 posts) -

You think I care, Capcom? I didn't want this game in the first place. If this is your way of making me feel guilty, you'll have to find something better than Mega Man Legends 3.

#11 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -

Meh, I like it better being a series that was overlooked and under-rated.  It means not every series has been beaten to death.  You know a 3rd game would only disappoint and sour the memories of the past games anyway.  As a Breath of Fire series fan I wish they stopped at IV, sometimes more isn't better and a series should pass into history with some dignity.

#12 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

@blacklabeldomm said:

I'll gladly take credit for killing this game off. I'll be happy to mention it in my next interview.

#13 Posted by Giantstalker (1541 posts) -

I can't tell if the OP is being serious or sarcastic...

#14 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -

Fuck Mega Man and fuck Capcom..

#15 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2907 posts) -

If they announce a new 2d Mega Man game I will fucking tweet about it every goddamn day if that's what it takes to get them to not cancel a project. Quit cancelling shit, Capcom!

#16 Posted by shivermetimbers (763 posts) -

I never cared for Mega Man, so I guess you can blame me.

#17 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

Finally I have a true accomplishment in life!

#18 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

Even with Capcom's recent questionable decisions I don't hate them. Never played any of the Mega Man Legends series, tis a shame for those who were looking forward to it.

#19 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

That's right, "fans", it's your fault there will be no Mega Man Legends 3. I'm sorry, you wanted a new Legends game? Well I guess you should have tried harder, tried harder like real Mega Mans fans would have.

AND DID.

Oh am sorry, are you confused? Well I'd expect you to be. Only real fans would keep up with the most recent Capcom news.

I guess if you wanted Legends 3 you should have really made your voice heard, or you know, tried at all.

How dare you lazy fucks expect a company to develop a new title without your undying support during each and every step of the process, how dare you. Is it that hard to send a tweet, to post a facebook message now and then? I mean honestly, all this outcry over the games cancellation just seems incredibly childish when you never really cared in the first place

"Oh no I didn't get that job, now how will I stuff my lazy ass with microwavable pizza flakes." Well maybe you should have got up and turned the fucking application in you dumb slob.

That's you by the way. I'm pointing out how undisciplined and ill mannered you are, swine.

Maybe this is the wake up call you all needed, maybe from now on you'll realize Capcom isn't just going to treat you like a fucking baby and make games you don't work for. Nothing in life is going to come to you on a silver platter, wrapped up and topped with a golden bow, and Legends 3 is no exception.

The biggest irony is that MML3 had a larger fan presence on capcom unity america than any other non-fighting game, beating out DMC, RE5, and the upcoming Dragon's Dogma. Hell, everytime there was a poll or contest started by Capcom Unity, the chans would slobber all over it, having small forum wars about who was going to be the next waifu or which codpiece looked better on Vollnutt's battle armor.

If they were expecting Hundreds of thousands of people to get excited, they were delusional. Most of the gaming community wasn't even cognoscent the last time a Rockman Dash game came out. They didn't release 1 or 2 on XBLA or PSN, hell they didn't even bring the combination 1 and 2 PSP disc to america. Hell, they didn't even put the PC Ports on Steam. The only people who really remember Rockman Dash proper are kids out of college, most of which were already on board.

Capcom Europe can try to blame people all they want, but the bottom line is, they didn't do what they needed to do to arouse demand for the game. And yeah I know that CapcomEuro is just the european Community site and they have been wrong before (They said there would be nothing new for MvsC3 at all, and well...look how that turned out), but this seems like nothing more than pouring fuel on an already raging fire. People...well, gamers, feel hurt by this recent decision. Capcom has been on a long downwards slope ever since Lost Planet 2, and this sudden lack of confidence in their products doesn't paint an appetizing picture.

At this point though, I would be genuinely surprised if we ever got another MegaMan game of any sort. That franchise may actually be dead.

#20 Edited by valrog (3671 posts) -

I too, will step forward and take responsibility. My only regret is that I haven't killed it off ages ago.

#21 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I drew a fucking boss blueprint for them, me and a couple hundred other people. Gimme a fucking break.

#22 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

You can send your thank yous to my inbox.

#23 Edited by Devil240Z (3272 posts) -

Thats pretty dumb. I might have given a shit about MML3 if it got announced for PS2 like 8 years ago.

#24 Edited by SaFt (379 posts) -

So now you have to not only buy the game, but also develop it? This is all news to me.  
Couldn't they at least release that Alpha (or whatever it was) for a small fee to see how many were actually interested.

#25 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Oh no. I'm sad.

#26 Posted by Devil240Z (3272 posts) -

@Mesoian: That "chan" stuff you mentioned literally made me feel sick and consider canceling my internet connection and going outside forever.

#27 Posted by lavaman77 (567 posts) -

#28 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

@Devil240Z said:

@Mesoian: That "chan" stuff you mentioned literally made me feel sick and consider canceling my internet connection and going outside forever.

I highly recommend this course of action

#29 Posted by Devil240Z (3272 posts) -

@Mesoian said:

@Devil240Z said:

Theres a reason I only read Whiskey based forums. The rest of the internet fucking scares the living shit out of me.

#30 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

@Devil240Z said:

@Mesoian said:

@Devil240Z said:

Theres a reason I only read Whiskey based forums. The rest of the internet fucking scares the living shit out of me.

I sort of lost my ability to be harmed by it in the early aughts. Complete desensitization really.

#31 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1231 posts) -

Jesus, who the fuck gave the Twitter account to Kevin in accounting?

#32 Posted by ProfessorEss (7285 posts) -

If only they had released a paid-for demo or a paid-for beta or something else everyone gives out for free to help us show our support.

#33 Posted by ThunderSlash (1576 posts) -

B - but... I ate 24 eggs to support them! *sobs in the corner*

#34 Posted by Hailinel (23990 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

You think I care, Capcom? I didn't want this game in the first place. If this is your way of making me feel guilty, you'll have to find something better than Mega Man Legends 3.

You know what? Shut the fuck up. You've done nothing but troll threads regarding the cancellation.

#35 Edited by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

My respect for Capcom in general has been going the way of the Hindenburg for the last couple of months. Just keep burning that fuel!

#36 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Well bend me over and slap my balls, I've never played a single Mega Man game.

#37 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -
@Mesoian said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

AND DID.

How dare you lazy fucks expect a company to develop a new title without your undying support during each and every step of the process, how dare you. Is it that hard to send a tweet, to post a facebook message now and then? I mean honestly, all this outcry over the games cancellation just seems incredibly childish when you never really cared in the first place

The biggest irony is that MML3 had a larger fan presence on capcom unity america than any other non-fighting game, beating out DMC, RE5, and the upcoming Dragon's Dogma. Hell, everytime there was a poll or contest started by Capcom Unity, the chans would slobber all over it, having small forum wars about who was going to be the next waifu or which codpiece looked better on Vollnutt's battle armor.

If they were expecting Hundreds of thousands of people to get excited, they were delusional. Most of the gaming community wasn't even cognoscent the last time a Rockman Dash game came out. They didn't release 1 or 2 on XBLA or PSN, hell they didn't even bring the combination 1 and 2 PSP disc to america. Hell, they didn't even put the PC Ports on Steam. The only people who really remember Rockman Dash proper are kids out of college, most of which were already on board.

Capcom Europe can try to blame people all they want, but the bottom line is, they didn't do what they needed to do to arouse demand for the game. And yeah I know that CapcomEuro is just the european Community site and they have been wrong before (They said there would be nothing new for MvsC3 at all, and well...look how that turned out), but this seems like nothing more than pouring fuel on an already raging fire. People...well, gamers, feel hurt by this recent decision. Capcom has been on a long downwards slope ever since Lost Planet 2, and this sudden lack of confidence in their products doesn't paint an appetizing picture.

At this point though, I would be genuinely surprised if we ever got another MegaMan game of any sort. That franchise may actually be dead.

I would combine your reasons with the fact that a 3DS $250, and doesn't exactly have a ton of great games out for it yet. So if Capcom honestly thinks I'm going to shell out that much, plus pay for a demo, they are out of their minds.
#38 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

I want to post a picture of the new DMC, and make a joke about Capcom "listening" to fans, by drawing a comparison and illustrating what's essentially a big laughable corporate hypocrisy. 

It's just too easy. I don't feel spite anymore. Honestly, at this point I'm just sorry for them.
This whole thing is just....sad.

#39 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

*cries*

#40 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2315 posts) -

One of the many reasons I started boycotting Crapcom's games.

#41 Posted by Hailinel (23990 posts) -

@vidiot said:

I want to post a picture of the new DMC, and make a joke about Capcom "listening" to fans, by drawing a comparison and illustrating what's essentially a big laughable corporate hypocrisy.

It's just too easy. I don't feel spite anymore. Honestly, at this point I'm just sorry for them.

Yeah, I really have no idea what Capcom is thinking anymore, other than MORE FIGHTING GAMES. MORE OF THEM.

#42 Posted by punkxblaze (2962 posts) -

Capcom's full of shit. Megman Legends 3 had an inordinate amount of fan support. They just don't want to admit they shut it down because Inafune left.

#43 Posted by Demoskinos (14596 posts) -

I think  the cancelation is more of a way to spite   Keiji Inafune more than anything else.   The game was HIS project and he is gone from Capcom now.    The fans did  show a response   Capcom saying otherwise makes them out to be liars.    

And besides... whats to get excited about if they don't actually SHOW us something?   Fuck them.

#44 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -
@Demoskinos said:
I think  the cancelation is more of a way to spite   Keiji Inafune more than anything else.   The game was HIS project and he is gone from Capcom now.    The fans did  show a response   Capcom saying otherwise makes them out to be liars.     And besides... whats to get excited about if they don't actually SHOW us something?   Fuck them.
This is almost borderline conspiracy theory, but I would be lying that this concept did not cross my mind. 
I'm positive that it was a strict, if poorly thought-out, business decision to cancel the game. That being said, the impression I took away from the relationship between Keiji and Capcom from past interviews, didn't express a positive pairing. Keiji himself had a personal stake in Mega Man Legends 3.
Hopefully there is a reasonable reason for the game's cancellation, and this nagging feeling can dissipate. 
#45 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@DukeTogo said:

Meh, I like it better being a series that was overlooked and under-rated. It means not every series has been beaten to death. You know a 3rd game would only disappoint and sour the memories of the past games anyway. As a Breath of Fire series fan I wish they stopped at IV, sometimes more isn't better and a series should pass into history with some dignity.

A next gen Breath of Fire. Now THAT would be excellent.

#46 Posted by ascholzk (261 posts) -

This is really disappointing. was looking forward to playing this :/

#47 Posted by Bocam (3683 posts) -

Guess it's time to dig out Legends 2 and play that again.

#48 Posted by RE_Player1 (7551 posts) -
#49 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4310 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

@vidiot said:

Yeah, I really have no idea what Capcom is thinking anymore, other than MORE FIGHTING GAMES. MORE OF THEM.

Don't forget about "Dead Rising 2: It's Still Dead Rising 2 Except this Time You Play As Frank West"
#50 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

@DukeTogo said:

Meh, I like it better being a series that was overlooked and under-rated. It means not every series has been beaten to death. You know a 3rd game would only disappoint and sour the memories of the past games anyway. As a Breath of Fire series fan I wish they stopped at IV, sometimes more isn't better and a series should pass into history with some dignity.

A next gen Breath of Fire. Now THAT would be excellent.

But none of that shit that limits how much you can change. Like in dragon quarter. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.