I started replaying Maverick Hunter X; this game is excellent

#1 Posted by AuthenticM (3699 posts) -

Man, this game is so awesome. I bought it over a year ago, played it then and remember liking it. Not too long ago I received my pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50s and my PA2V2 portable amp I bought on the Internet. While testing them with my PSP, I booted the game in question and holy christ, I think I had forgotten just how amazing this game is. The remixed soundtrack sounds better and badasser than ever, the new 3D graphics and vibrant colors are pure eye-candy, and the gameplay is as fun as it was when the game originally came out 20 years ago.

It's a goddamn shame Capcom doesn't want to give the same treatment to X2. They claim the game didn't sell enough to warrant a sequel. I believe them, but Christ, the game came out in 2006; what were they expecting? Nobody had PSPs back then, neither here nor in Japan. I don't know how the game fared when they put it on PSN, where I bought it, but Maverick Hunter X2 is probably the game that I would most like to see from them next.

I heard Powered Up! is also pretty game. I played the demo in MHX and find it good indeed. Capcom gave the same reason as to why they didn't follow the game with a sequel. :sigh:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.