Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mega Man

Character » appears in 81 games

Created by Keiji Inafune, Mega Man is a highly advanced robot in the shape of a young boy. He is the main male character of the Mega Man series by Capcom.

Five Guys: Burgers and Mega Busters

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

No Caption Provided
    There's this restaurant chain some of you may know of called Five Guys. If you've never heard of it, Five Guys is essentially a place where you can get some delicious hamburgers and fries. I've moved to Fayetteville, North Carolina recently and just visited their restaurant for the first time. Adorning their walls are various awards and snippets from magazines praising their food, and near the front door is a board where they've hung up various  thank-you notes they've received for being so yummy. I noticed something odd upon my first glance, however. Here's what the board looks like: 

No Caption Provided
    See something familiar? Here, let's have a closer look:

No Caption Provided

Apparently, Mega Man likes their double cheeseburgers.
    ---

Have any of you seen weird, game-related stuff in unexpected places?
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    There's this restaurant chain some of you may know of called Five Guys. If you've never heard of it, Five Guys is essentially a place where you can get some delicious hamburgers and fries. I've moved to Fayetteville, North Carolina recently and just visited their restaurant for the first time. Adorning their walls are various awards and snippets from magazines praising their food, and near the front door is a board where they've hung up various  thank-you notes they've received for being so yummy. I noticed something odd upon my first glance, however. Here's what the board looks like: 

No Caption Provided
    See something familiar? Here, let's have a closer look:

No Caption Provided

Apparently, Mega Man likes their double cheeseburgers.
    ---

Have any of you seen weird, game-related stuff in unexpected places?
    TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By TehFlan

I love Five Guys, and that Mega Man thing is awesome.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BonOrbitz

They're everywhere here in Milwaukee. Their cajun fries are awesome.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SlightConfuse

Five guys is amazing

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Dalai

There's apparently a Five Guys just outside of Scranton... kinda knew it was there, but never felt the urge to go.

Video game references? None off the top of my head, but there was a Target: Terror arcade machine in the pizzeria I went to yesterday. I was tempted to play it, but opted not to. Next time, maybe.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BraveToaster

We have quite a few in Maryland. They're Double Bacon Burgers taste so good with Cherry Coke.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShaggE

Plenty here in PA, although no game references. There's a local burrito joint called Roburrito's with a Dr. Mario machine, though, so... that's cool.

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By gamb1t

In-n-out > 5guys cept there fries oohhh yea there fries are good but the burger is more important

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#9  Edited By Little_Socrates

I saw an 8-bit MegaMan face plastered to someone's window while touring the MIT campus. Though that was probably less surprising.

I actually see a lot of fake Pokémon and Mario stuff where I live in all the different schools, elementary or high school.
    Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vexed

They just recently opened a Five Guys here.  I haven't been in there yet but I thought it would be funny if when you walk in it's 5 guys standing behind a counter saying "Welcome" in sync.  Also, I'm dumb.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Enigma777

Their fries are pretty good, but the burgers are crappy. 

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Commisar123

I love five guys, I guess I was a little suprised when I started getting invites in my school email to watch Starcraft 2 finals for my campus

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Don't get their grilled cheese. That sandwich is the ultimate troll punishing you for going there and not wanting beef.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By benpack

I'm lucky (or unlucky) enough to have a Five Guys and an In-N-Out 10 minutes from where I live. While you get more bang for your buck at Five Guys, I think In-N-Out tastes a lot better.

ANYWAYS, to your question, I was in the middle of the computer lab printing a paper when I needed some help, so I called over someone from the help desk and he was wearing one of those N-7 shirts. As I was leaving I told him this was my favorite computer lab on the citedel and he cracked up.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Daveyo520

5 Guys is pretty good.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gerhabio
    @GlenTennis
    I'm lucky (or unlucky) enough to have a Five Guys and an In-N-Out 10 minutes from where I live. While you get more bang for your buck at Five Guys, I think In-N-Out tastes a lot better.

ANYWAYS, to your question, I was in the middle of the computer lab printing a paper when I needed some help, so I called over someone from the help desk and he was wearing one of those N-7 shirts. As I was leaving I told him this was my favorite computer lab on the citedel and he cracked up.
    That's hilarious.

Also, I think In-n-Out is grossly overrated. It tastes like homemade burgers and those are rarely exceptional. Some people say its healthier and while I believe it compared to other chains, its still fried food.
    Thoughts?
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By hatking

I had Five Guys for the first time a week ago.  Not impressed.  I suppose if your favorite flavor is salt then you might enjoy their french fries.  The burgers are sort of the typical fast food grease patties, though I'll admit the options for what you can put on the burger is kind of cool. 
    Frankly you're better off learning how to grill your own burgers and making something amazing - but that's just stating the obvious.
    commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By commandercup
    @GlenTennis said:
    " I'm lucky (or unlucky) enough to have a Five Guys and an In-N-Out 10 minutes from where I live. While you get more bang for your buck at Five Guys, I think In-N-Out tastes a lot better.ANYWAYS, to your question, I was in the middle of the computer lab printing a paper when I needed some help, so I called over someone from the help desk and he was wearing one of those N-7 shirts. As I was leaving I told him this was my favorite computer lab on the citedel and he cracked up. "
    You win.

After thinking about Five Guys, I can't remember anything video game related being somewhere it shouldn't.
    TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Five Guys have awesome food. Only problem being that the closest one is about a 45 minute drive away for me. 

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I haven't, but boy I wish I had. A new Five Guys opened 4 days ago in my neck of the woods, so I'll keep an eye out for neat paraphernalia like this.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShaggE said:
    There's a local burrito joint called Roburrito's with a Dr. Mario machine, though, so... that's cool.
    Oh, man, I would be ALL OVER that machine. I wish more random restaurants had arcade games. :( 

@Enigma777 said:
    Their fries are pretty good, but the burgers are crappy. 
    I haven't actually tried their burgers yet. I keep getting their hot dog (I've never seen anyone make a hot dog like they do). 

@GlenTennis said:

That's awesome! Even better that the person got the joke (it would probably have been awkward if they didn't!). 
    I saw a European guy on a train while in Japan with an N7 shirt. I was sure to give him a thumbs up and tell him he had a cool shirt before I left.  

I really, really want to get that hoody off the BioWare store.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.