Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mega Man

Character » appears in 81 games

Created by Keiji Inafune, Mega Man is a highly advanced robot in the shape of a young boy. He is the main male character of the Mega Man series by Capcom.

Has his games gone down hill?

Djrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Djrocks

Well Mega man as really gone the path of Sonic when It comes to games. Luckily Mega man 9 looks really good, what do you guys think?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Definitely. The originals were classics. The modern ones are average at best.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us

I havent played a lot of Mega Man over the years. But for the fans I certainly hope he is not another Sonic. No one deserves that.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By thordain

I think it's just because they tore away from the platforming elements and went entirely to the rpgs. Didn't like them

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By thordain

I think it's just because they tore away from the platforming elements and went entirely to the rpgs. Didn't like them

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By ShadowVirus

The classic games were great, Mega Man and Mega Man X. I don't mind the Zero and ZX games, they still have great run and gun action, but with a story and side missions.
    I've played some of the Battle network games. They seem like fairly decent games, but no where near as good as the 2D platformers.

Foil1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Foil1212

it depends on what you're talking about.  The X series is okay, and the zero series is okay, but the battle network is horrible.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By Termite
    Foil1212 said:
    "it depends on what you're talking about.  The X series is okay, and the zero series is okay, but the battle network is horrible.
    "
    Yeah I thought the Zero games were pretty fun.
    Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Marcel

I love the Classical Mega Man series with Mega Mam 2 as my favorite. So I'm very pumped about Mega Man 9; can't wait for new Mega Man BMG.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By jacksukeru
    Marcel said:
    "I love the Classical Mega Man series with Mega Mam 2 as my favorite. So I'm very pumped about Mega Man 9; can't wait for new Mega Man BMG.
    "

Dude I know^^ The 2 or so tracks that's been shown so far are pretty sweet. I just hope the rest of the tunes are equally good.
    Foil1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Foil1212

Megaman games are known for legendary sound.  This one better follow suit.  That's part of what brings so many people into it :D

thomas10soa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thomas10soa

yup

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

Speaking about the Blue Bomber in this way is blasphemous.  Never try to compare the awesomeness of this Blue to the horrific badness of Sonic.

Never.

Never ever.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dalai
    jakob187 said:
    "Speaking about the Blue Bomber in this way is blasphemous.  Never try to compare the awesomeness of this Blue to the horrific badness of Sonic.
    Never.

Never ever.
    "
    Well when this topic began 2 months ago, I would've said that Mega Man went downhill once the SNES era ended.  However, maybe Mega Man 9 has caused the tide to turn meaning better Mega Man games are coming?  We'll see.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187

I'm not saying that I was a huge fan of the X games, although they were good.  The 2 Legends titles were sweet.  The core series has ALWAYS been amazing.  I even dug Command Mission.  Hell, he was even super badass in Marvel vs Capcom, eh?

When it comes down to it...trying to say that the Blue Bomber is of = value to Sonic the Craphog is not only politically incorrect, but I think the penalty for saying such things is castration...

...by prison shank.
    alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By alexl86

Yes... sadly.

Mega Man is a victim of time. He was totally awesome when the first three games came around, but time changed some and he didn't. Same when Mega Man X came around, they changed as little as possible for the sequels and when they first started to make changes, they weren't very good changes.

Luckily, it looks like Retro games live on through Xbox Live Marketplace, PSN and Wii Virtual Console and it might be best for Mega Man if they just make more Mega Man "NES" games. Mega Man 9 was awesome.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mushir

alexl86, please don't bump old topics like this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.