Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mega Man

Character » appears in 81 games

Created by Keiji Inafune, Mega Man is a highly advanced robot in the shape of a young boy. He is the main male character of the Mega Man series by Capcom.

Mega Man is THE man

LockeDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LockeDragoon

First off, the site seems to be off to a great start  and I Enjoy the character pages.

I was wondering where I should post first and there is no other place that seemed fitting. 

What I want to hear is all the best times people have had playing a Mega Man game, whether you started with the very first Mega Man or just recently started with the Star Force series just post about it.

Derios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Derios

Dude is rugged.

EpicVandal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EpicVandal

why is he called 'man' when his description states that he's a boy?

ParadoxControl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ParadoxControl
    EpicVandal said:
    "why is he called 'man' when his description states that he's a boy?"
    ask the Japanese. My guess is so that it didn't seem to similar to Astro Boy, which is a large influence around the Mega Man series.
    Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By Termite
    ParadoxControl said:
    "EpicVandal said:
    "why is he called 'man' when his description states that he's a boy?"
    ask the Japanese. My guess is so that it didn't seem to similar to Astro Boy, which is a large influence around the Mega Man series.
    "
    I know, they're virtually identical :P
    ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By ShadowVirus

My first game was Mega Man X, that was ages ago, but what really got me into Mega Man was Mega Man 2, the classic games are the best and this one was amazing.
    I'm currently playing Megaman ZX Advent

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By tec3297

Mega Man Battle Network was one of the great spin-off series'.
    But the Original series is the best.

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By DarkLegend

Megaman went downhill awhile ago.

JonnyK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JonnyK

I hope megaman 9 is the start of a trend and they make more megaman games in the old gameplay style.  The graphics can be up to date, but the layout of the game levels and stuff in the old games is much better than the way ZX etc. does it.  And i hope they put those all out on the DS

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By jacksukeru

I played Mega man 2 and 3 as a kid, but didn't find my way back to the series until I played Zero 2 at friends house. Since then I've been slowly catching up, playing both the newer and the older games. My favourites are Zero 2, Mega man 2, Megaman 3 and Mega man ZX. I've played both The first Battle Network game and some of the second one. Got bored somewhere in the middle of that one though. Played the first Starforce since enough time had passed for me to be interested in a BN style type of game again. But by the time I finished it I felt I was finished with that series as well.

ZX series is still pretty nice and is the best place to turn for some good ol Mega man X style action, unless you wanna go back to some of the older games or just hold out for Mega man 9.  It's funny though how the old (read: Classic) Mega Man took inspiration from Astro boy while these newer ZX seem more inspired by Kamen Rider (what with all the Henshins and all that goes on).

Foil1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Foil1212

I had megaman for the game boy as a young'un, but I could never beat a level.  I got to the boss stage ONE time and I was so proud.  Now I play megaman 1 and 2 usually, and I'm really excited for 9

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.