Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mega Man

Franchise »

The Mega Man (known in Japan as Rockman) franchise covers a large number of action games from the core series and several offshoots, including Mega Man X, Mega Man Battle Network, and even one-offs like Mega Man Soccer or Mega Man Battle & Chase.

A Lesson in How Not to Cancel a Video Game

• 185 results
    patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By patrickklepek
    See you later, space cowboy.

You have to wonder who at Capcom figured this week, the start of Comic-Con, was the right time to announce the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3. It was a game crafted not only for fans, players who have been waiting 11 years, but by fans, as well.

It's not like Comic-Con is, you know, an entire convention dedicated to the fandom of geek entertainment.

"We are thinking about having all of you help by participating in the development of this game in a variety of different ways," said Mega Man Legends 3 director Masakazu Eguchi when the project was announced last October. "Your efforts will help us launch the rocket we are building to rescue Mega Man! Once the rocket is launched and successfully lands on Elysium, the game all of you have been working will be complete, and will usher in the release of Mega Man Legends 3!"

An early shot from Mega Man Legends 3. The prototype content was never made clear.
    An early shot from Mega Man Legends 3. The prototype content was never made clear.

Comic-Con jokes aside, Capcom shouldn't be surprised by the bitter comments and ugliness after inviting fans on day one, asking them to be part of the development process. While there was always the chance that Capcom would decide to cancel the project, nothing like this had been attempted before. It was bold. Incorporating fan feedback is one thing, but to actively solicit their ideas and build them in midstream is another.

When the project was announced, Capcom made it sound like, "Hey, this is happening! Rejoice!" At the point that you're ready charge gamers to play a prototype version of the game on eShop, expectations are set.

And yet, Capcom fell back on the "oh, development" excuse when explaining the cancellation. It rang hollow--so fans pounced.

"From the outset the MML3 Project was intended to give gamers across the world insight and input into the development process," said the company this week. "Part of this process includes an assessment of whether the title will go into full production, and is based on a number of criteria with input from different sectors of the company. Unfortunately it was not felt that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project met the required criteria, and it is with regret that we must announce that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project has been cancelled, meaning that Capcom will not be releasing the Prototype or the full game."

"Assessment [is based] on a number of criteria." "Not felt [it] met the required criteria." Those are vague explanations that are understandably infuriating for fans who had invested their own personal time into this project.

The outrage has even extended to Comic-Con, which kicked off yesterday. There were rumors floating around that Capcom wasn't allowing Mega Man cosplayers into its booth, actively kicking out anyone who violated this rumored corporate policy.

"We welcome all cosplayers to our booth at Comic-Con," the company said. "Anything else you've heard is outright false."

This is...probably not the right way to respond to fans who are feeling burned.

Adding insult to injury were the bizarre explanations from Capcom Europe's Twitter account, which insinuated the fans had not put enough enthusiasm behind the project, resulting in the decision.

"We weren't asking people to do much but response to dev rooms was cool at best," said an update last night. "It's a shame the fans didn't want to get more involved :-( if we saw there was an audience for MML3 people might change minds."

Naturally, people were pissed off. This prompted Capcom Europe to quickly roll out a more nuanced explanation.

"Seems I upset some of our friends across the pond," said the retraction. "Sorry. We're not blaming anyone. Especially those that worked so hard on the Dev room. The original comment was in relation to the interaction in the Dev rooms NOT the fans who have been nothing but supportive. [...] That was a flippant answer, it was a shame lots of people didn't get involved in Dev room to devleop [sp] the game was my point."

Here's the problem with that, though. Capcom told fans they didn't have to get involved in order to show their support for Mega Man Legends 3. The evidence is found within Capcom's own videos (scrub over to 1:55):

Oh, okay! Except that's not true at all, if you believe Capcom Europe's line about Mega Man Legends 3.
    Oh, okay! Except that's not true at all, if you believe Capcom Europe's line about Mega Man Legends 3.

Of course, the president of Capcom is not managing Capcom Europe's Twitter--it's the community team. The hyperbolic response and ensuing dogpile was a reaction to Capcom's unsatisfactory answers for why the game would never see the light of day.

Confusion over how to respond to Mega Man fans spilled over to Capcom USA, too, with vice president of strategic planning and business development Christian Svensson taking to the Capcom Unity message boards, unable to explain what happened on the Capcom Europe Twitter account.

"As far as the Capcom Europe thing, I'm not sure what that's about," said Svensson. "I do know that the European fanbase for MM [Mega Man] in general is far smaller than NA [North America] or Japan."

Capcom USA's Twitter account never referenced the comments by Capcom Europe. In fact, it never mentioned Mega Man Legend 3's cancellation at all.

Mega Man Universe, aka LittleBigMegaMan, was shown at Tokyo Game Show, then cancelled.
    Mega Man Universe, aka LittleBigMegaMan, was shown at Tokyo Game Show, then cancelled.

Svensson seemed to be grasping at straws to provide fans with hope regarding Capcom's plans, as the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3 comes not long after the cancellation of Mega Man Universe.

"I wish I had some other nugget of MM news to share for you guys to get excited about (we had Legends to focus on when we cancelled Universe) but I'm really at a loss," he continued. "I've got nothing I can share right now. I know it seems difficult to believe (and I expect loads of neg[ative] comments after this because of that lack of information) but MM is still really important to the company as a brand."

The official line from Capcom offered little to cling to.

"Mega Man is still an important franchise within Capcom’s portfolio and we will continue to pursue opportunities to create new titles in the series," said the company.

Svensson did confirm the fan and media anger had been vocalized to Capcom Japan during his most recent weekly meeting with higher-ups, but Svensson did not indicate what, if any, kind of response he'd gotten.

Bummer feelings extended to the development community, too. Skullgirls developer Reverge Labs poked fun at Capcom Europe's insinuations regarding fan interaction and the vocal disappointment the game would never come to fruition.

"They’ll never get to play Mega Man Legends 3 because, you know, the fans didn’t make enough art or program enough of the engine," cracked the studio on its blog. "Stupid fans--here’s some art to make you feel bad for what you didn’t do."

And, lo, a single tear did run down Mega Man's cheek, upon hearing the cancellation news.
    And, lo, a single tear did run down Mega Man's cheek, upon hearing the cancellation news.

Even series co-creator Keiji Inafune couldn't help but chime in on the cancellation of the game. Mega Man Legends 3 is a game Inafune had been pushing for at Capcom for years. Inafune left the company in late October, just weeks after the initial reveal.

"The decision for the cancelation was out of my sphere, but as someone who took part in the development," he said on his personal blog, translated by Andriasang, "I'd like to convey something to the staff: I'm sorry that I couldn't be of assistance."

Inafune launched his new company, Comcept, in December of last year.

"I'm truly sorry I couldn't take part through the end," he added. "I didn't buy a 3DS for this project, but at the very least I'd like to have played the demo."

Players probably would love that, too, but Capcom has already said no.

Mega Man 10 was the last major Mega Man release. Mega Man Online, an online MMO not being developed internally at Capcom, is scheduled for sometime this year. It has not been confirmed for release outside Korea.

If you'd like to show your support, there's a Facebook group called "100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3" that's well on its way to passing 10,000 likes on the social network.

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By patrickklepek

You have to wonder who at Capcom figured this week, the start of Comic-Con, was the right time to announce the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3. It was a game crafted not only for fans, players who have been waiting 11 years, but by fans, as well.

It's not like Comic-Con is, you know, an entire convention dedicated to the fandom of geek entertainment.

"We are thinking about having all of you help by participating in the development of this game in a variety of different ways," said Mega Man Legends 3 director Masakazu Eguchi when the project was announced last October. "Your efforts will help us launch the rocket we are building to rescue Mega Man! Once the rocket is launched and successfully lands on Elysium, the game all of you have been working will be complete, and will usher in the release of Mega Man Legends 3!"

Comic-Con jokes aside, Capcom shouldn't be surprised by the bitter comments and ugliness after inviting fans on day one, asking them to be part of the development process. While there was always the chance that Capcom would decide to cancel the project, nothing like this had been attempted before. It was bold. Incorporating fan feedback is one thing, but to actively solicit their ideas and build them in midstream is another.

When the project was announced, Capcom made it sound like, "Hey, this is happening! Rejoice!" At the point that you're ready charge gamers to play a prototype version of the game on eShop, expectations are set.

And yet, Capcom fell back on the "oh, development" excuse when explaining the cancellation. It rang hollow--so fans pounced.

"From the outset the MML3 Project was intended to give gamers across the world insight and input into the development process," said the company this week. "Part of this process includes an assessment of whether the title will go into full production, and is based on a number of criteria with input from different sectors of the company. Unfortunately it was not felt that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project met the required criteria, and it is with regret that we must announce that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project has been cancelled, meaning that Capcom will not be releasing the Prototype or the full game."

"Assessment [is based] on a number of criteria." "Not felt [it] met the required criteria." Those are vague explanations that are understandably infuriating for fans who had invested their own personal time into this project.

The outrage has even extended to Comic-Con, which kicked off yesterday. There were rumors floating around that Capcom wasn't allowing Mega Man cosplayers into its booth, actively kicking out anyone who violated this rumored corporate policy.

"We welcome all cosplayers to our booth at Comic-Con," the company said. "Anything else you've heard is outright false."

Adding insult to injury were the bizarre explanations from Capcom Europe's Twitter account, which insinuated the fans had not put enough enthusiasm behind the project, resulting in the decision.

"We weren't asking people to do much but response to dev rooms was cool at best," said an update last night. "It's a shame the fans didn't want to get more involved :-( if we saw there was an audience for MML3 people might change minds."

Naturally, people were pissed off. This prompted Capcom Europe to quickly roll out a more nuanced explanation.

"Seems I upset some of our friends across the pond," said the retraction. "Sorry. We're not blaming anyone. Especially those that worked so hard on the Dev room. The original comment was in relation to the interaction in the Dev rooms NOT the fans who have been nothing but supportive. [...] That was a flippant answer, it was a shame lots of people didn't get involved in Dev room to devleop [sp] the game was my point."

Here's the problem with that, though. Capcom told fans they didn't have to get involved in order to show their support for Mega Man Legends 3. The evidence is found within Capcom's own videos (scrub over to 1:55):

Of course, the president of Capcom is not managing Capcom Europe's Twitter--it's the community team. The hyperbolic response and ensuing dogpile was a reaction to Capcom's unsatisfactory answers for why the game would never see the light of day.

Confusion over how to respond to Mega Man fans spilled over to Capcom USA, too, with vice president of strategic planning and business development Christian Svensson taking to the Capcom Unity message boards, unable to explain what happened on the Capcom Europe Twitter account.

"As far as the Capcom Europe thing, I'm not sure what that's about," said Svensson. "I do know that the European fanbase for MM [Mega Man] in general is far smaller than NA [North America] or Japan."

Capcom USA's Twitter account never referenced the comments by Capcom Europe. In fact, it never mentioned Mega Man Legend 3's cancellation at all.

Svensson seemed to be grasping at straws to provide fans with hope regarding Capcom's plans, as the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3 comes not long after the cancellation of Mega Man Universe.

"I wish I had some other nugget of MM news to share for you guys to get excited about (we had Legends to focus on when we cancelled Universe) but I'm really at a loss," he continued. "I've got nothing I can share right now. I know it seems difficult to believe (and I expect loads of neg[ative] comments after this because of that lack of information) but MM is still really important to the company as a brand."

The official line from Capcom offered little to cling to.

"Mega Man is still an important franchise within Capcom’s portfolio and we will continue to pursue opportunities to create new titles in the series," said the company.

Svensson did confirm the fan and media anger had been vocalized to Capcom Japan during his most recent weekly meeting with higher-ups, but Svensson did not indicate what, if any, kind of response he'd gotten.

Bummer feelings extended to the development community, too. Skullgirls developer Reverge Labs poked fun at Capcom Europe's insinuations regarding fan interaction and the vocal disappointment the game would never come to fruition.

"They’ll never get to play Mega Man Legends 3 because, you know, the fans didn’t make enough art or program enough of the engine," cracked the studio on its blog. "Stupid fans--here’s some art to make you feel bad for what you didn’t do."

Even series co-creator Keiji Inafune couldn't help but chime in on the cancellation of the game. Mega Man Legends 3 is a game Inafune had been pushing for at Capcom for years. Inafune left the company in late October, just weeks after the initial reveal.

"The decision for the cancelation was out of my sphere, but as someone who took part in the development," he said on his personal blog, translated by Andriasang, "I'd like to convey something to the staff: I'm sorry that I couldn't be of assistance."

Inafune launched his new company, Comcept, in December of last year.

"I'm truly sorry I couldn't take part through the end," he added. "I didn't buy a 3DS for this project, but at the very least I'd like to have played the demo."

Players probably would love that, too, but Capcom has already said no.

Mega Man 10 was the last major Mega Man release. Mega Man Online, an online MMO not being developed internally at Capcom, is scheduled for sometime this year. It has not been confirmed for release outside Korea.

If you'd like to show your support, there's a Facebook group called "100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3" that's well on its way to passing 10,000 likes on the social network.

EtherealSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By EtherealSlayer

word

Rekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rekka

Heh! Poor Megaman

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

FACEBOOK FANS DECIDE THE FATE OF ALL GAMES! QUICKLY EVERYONE LIKE LINCOLN FORCE GAME AND BY MAGIC IT WILL RELEASE 100,000 FANS GOGOGO

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

What is it with big companies and forsaking/abusing their old mascots that made them big in the first place?

The hell.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lemoncookie01

If Capcom releases Megaman X9,I'll forgive them.

catpowerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By catpowerd

It baffles me that that there are still people who care about Megaman in 2011.

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By timeshero

Derp.

Hairy_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hairy_Fish

That's shit. Would have loved to see how that turned out.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Daveyo520

People are getting way too pissed about this. 

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I have never and probably will never care about MM, but this seems like a project a lot of people cared about. It's a shame to see it end like this.

modeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By modeps

Hey, Mega Man Universe was cancelled because it was bad. We played it at NYCC 10. Real bad.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

This is how I felt when they never made a sequel to Bagman.

And you can't count Super Bagman.

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nexas

This game seemed dire from day 1. The weird fan involvement, Inafune's departure, and the paid demo all screamed that Capcom had no idea what the fuck they were doing. Canceling the game was probably for the best, but they probably should have waited until after Comic-con.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rjaylee

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

What is it with big companies and forsaking/abusing their old mascots that made them big in the first place? The hell.

It's pretty simple. They ran the numbers. They looked at business assets and resources available. Unfortunately, it just didn't add up and the return was either low, or highly unpredictable.

They sort of forgot about using a little tact unfortunately, but to be fair I wasn't even aware people enjoyed anything Mega Man Legends. I thought Mega Man Universe was a cool idea, but oh well.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By Chris2KLee

Great article. I wasn't looking forward to MM Legends 3, but following the process over on Capcom Unity was interesting. Why they didn't release the prototype version to gauge interest seems strange, unless the game was a complete pile of flaming garbage. The CapcomEuro account threw some needless fuel on the fire. Capcom as a company seems to be drifting this year. So far it seems the biggest titles in 2011 are remixes of previous games (SSF4:Arcade, Ultimate MvC3 and DR2 Off the Record). At least they have Monster Hunter.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17  Edited By buft

Like my status and i will learn to program real good like and make a game. also will need you to do art and purchase some sort of engine for me.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By 234r2we232

Is it possible for a GB article that isn't sensationalised beyond readability? :( 

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By LegalBagel

That's some serious hamfisted handling of the cancellation, though surprising that Europe caused most of the hamfisting instead of Japan. Canceling a game and then blaming the fans is a pretty good way to piss off those who might still have stuck around. But it's hard to muster much of anything given that I remember Mega Man Legends 1 to be a pretty disappointing game.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By endaround
    @catpowerd said:

It baffles me that that there are still people who care about Megaman in 2011.

Yeah that's like those who hold out hope for a new Street Fighter game or a new Mortal Kombat game!  Don't they know fighting games are dead?
    subatomicpizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By subatomicpizza

I wouldn't be surprised if Inafune has some rights to megaman or gets royalties for anything megaman related and Capcom don't want to give him money.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Julmust

Unless this game was a complete trainwreck, they fucked up.

I was looking forward to this game.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Masha2932

It was a good idea in theory but unfortunately it didn't work out in practice. As they say, too many cooks spoil the broth.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#24  Edited By Hailinel

@Nexas said:

This game seemed dire from day 1. The weird fan involvement, Inafune's departure, and the paid demo all screamed that Capcom had no idea what the fuck they were doing. Canceling the game was probably for the best, but they probably should have waited until after Comic-con.

Fans have a long history of involvement in Mega Man. Capcom solicited ideas for Robot Masters in the NES Mega Man titles. Even a couple of western concepts made it into Mega Man VI.

rargy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#25  Edited By rargy

They wanted help from the fans? Fax me the code, i'll take a look at it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6620058d9fa01
    deactivated-6620058d9fa01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess this is the part where I apologize for being a terrible fan.

Chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Chicken008

Canceled it cause they can't re hash and release another version of the game 9 months later like Street Fighter or MvC3. Nor can would have put out DLC.

navyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By navyboy

For god's sake Capcom, you're a game company. You're job is to make games. You produce a product and then the fans buy it. You do not need to ask for support from the fans, if you want to, that's fine but don't complain when you don't receive it. Plus to add insult to injury you announce a day or two after the cancellation Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, a $40 dollar game that has 12 new characters. The original game hasn't even been out for 7 months yet, geez.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Nice Cowboy Bebop reference.

dirkfunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dirkfunk

Couldn't Capcom just cancel it and shut up?

Stop placing blame, especially on your "fans." Why not just come out and be honest? It wasn't feasible economically to continue the project. 

Because it's obviously feasible to rerererelease Resident Evil 4 and yet another rehash of another rehashed fighter.

Zapbrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Zapbrader

If they announce any kind of Mega Man game what-so-ever in the next 6 to 8 months, I'll be surprised. I know it doesn't matter whether or not Inafune is in charge of the project, I'm just finding it hard to believe recently if Capcom feels the franchise is worth making games for anymore, despite what they've said otherwise.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By MEATBALL

I can't help but feel there's a nugget of truth to the comments made on Capcom Europe's twitter feed. The trouble with this kind of project is that, as far as I can tell, Capcom haven't really done anything to cultivate Mega Man's fanbase (and I would consider Legends a smaller subset of those fans) over the last decade. If they were hoping for a stronger fan response to the project they were always going to be disappointed.

It would be one thing for say Bungie or Valve - developers that have done an outstanding job cultivating their biggest fans - to attempt something like this, but if Capcom were relying on fan response to this project to keep it afloat they were always going to find themselves underwhelmed.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sirdesmond

Interesting article. Good stuff as always, Patrick.

Mega Man Universe sounded awesome. It's a shame they canceled that title, and although I'm not a fan of the 3D Mega Man titles, it is pretty apparent that there were tons of people looking forward to that. Crappy news is crappy.

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jmfinamore
    @dirkfunk said:
    Couldn't Capcom just cancel it and shut up?  Stop placing blame, especially on your "fans." Why not just come out and be honest? It wasn't feasible economically to continue the project.   Because it's obviously feasible to rerererelease Resident Evil 4 and yet another rehash of another rehashed fighter.
    Yea this is what I don't get. Obviously they cancelled it because it was either going to cost them too much or because they didn't think it would sell well, so I don't know why they just wouldn't say that. It's what everyone else does. 
    Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Ah so this is what happens after Duke. Well now I cant wait for Megaman Forever.

WJist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By WJist

Long story short: Zenny.

Applederp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Applederp

All Capcom wants to do is rerererelease the same goddamn Resident Evil games, the same goddamn Street Fighter games, and now they're rereleasing Dead Rising 2 and MvC3

I refuse to give them any of my money now.

AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AzHP

If you guys think the first responses from Capcom Euro are fucked up, take a look at this post from neogaf which takes the best quotes from their twitter and screencaps them for all to see. What the fuck, how can you hire such incompetent people to run your twitter? http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=437748

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By nexas
    @Hailinel Well that explains why most Mega Man bosses are really dumb, but I'm assuming relegated fan designs to one or two bosses per game. Legends 3 seemed to be going way overboard with fan involvement. "Design the main girl! Design the enimies! Design Mega Man's codpiece!"
    Fan involvement at level would ended up with the gaming equivalent of the Homer car.
    sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#40  Edited By sammo21

Capcom doesn't know how to handle their shit. They have Trolno in charge of Street Fighter and practically all related games, so that tells you something in and of itself.

nmarchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By nmarchan

Over the last couple years, Capcom has become a TERRIBLE company. They're as terrible as they ever were in the 90s about releasing a million versions of all their fighting games. The fact that they have another version of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 coming out in the SAME YEAR as the original game is insane. They take an extra mode out of the last two Resident Evil games, re-use all the same content without making new stuff, and charge forty dollars for it. They gouge players with terrible DLC prices. They put garbage DRM schemes on their downloadable games and PC titles. They're about to charge 40 bucks for a tweaked version of Dead Rising 2 with a bunch of also recycled content. Then they go and pull something like this?

Insane.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

On the plus side, now I definitely don't need a 3DS.

paulunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By paulunga

@Rufi91 said:

FACEBOOK FANS DECIDE THE FATE OF ALL GAMES! QUICKLY EVERYONE LIKE LINCOLN FORCE GAME AND BY MAGIC IT WILL RELEASE 100,000 FANS GOGOGO

But I don't have a Facbook. :(

Lotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lotus

=(
    =(
    aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46  Edited By aurahack

Man, what a fucking bummer. :/

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Silver-Streak

I'll post here what I said about this earlier:

God Damnit.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ramone

@AzHP said:

If you guys think the first responses from Capcom Euro are fucked up, take a look at this post from neogaf which takes the best quotes from their twitter and screencaps them for all to see. What the fuck, how can you hire such incompetent people to run your twitter? http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=437748

Holy shit that last quote would be fucking hilarious if it wasn't so depressing.

Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Geralt

Internet petition in 2011? Wow, the people never learn :1

TadThuggish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 41

#50  Edited By TadThuggish

These large Japanese companies that were vying for our attention 20 years ago sure got fucking lazy, didn't they?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.