Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mega Man

Franchise »

The Mega Man (known in Japan as Rockman) franchise covers a large number of action games from the core series and several offshoots, including Mega Man X, Mega Man Battle Network, and even one-offs like Mega Man Soccer or Mega Man Battle & Chase.

the Mega Man time line

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Endogene

I just finished researching the where and how each of the different mega man franchises (which are surprisingly many), and to my biggest surprise it isnt really that complicated.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By gunswordfist

Well I'm confused. Is Mega Man and Mega Man X storylines connected? Some people say they aren't.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Dalai

Not complicated?  I'm surprised, but I guess as long as it doesn't have Zelda-like double time lines, it shouldn't be too bad.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By alexl86

Yes, they are vaguely connected. Mega Man X is the Mega Man of the future... which is a bit redundant because Mega Man was already in the future.

Well, not vaguely connected, Mega Man X is a far more powerful and advanced version of Mega Man, with the ability to think and feel(does that mean that Mega Man can't?). Light feared X was too powerful and potentially corruptible, so he locked him in a capsule for several years, so he wouldn't go crazy and take over the world. Think of X as Mega Man 2.0. Since both were invented by Light and exist in the same world(though not at the same time), they do have a connection.

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By agent_lost

let see
    1st there the Mega Man series
    2nd is the X series, you get to see how Mega Man and X are connected if you play and Finish Maverick Hunter X on the PSP
    3nd is the Mega Man Zero for the Gameboy Advance and Nintendo DS

MegaMan Legend is a alternative universe
    megaman.net game is also alternative universe

That how much I now about the Mega Man Lure.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Godwind
    @Agent_Lost said:
    " let see1st there the Mega Man series2nd is the X series, you get to see how Mega Man and X are connected if you play and Finish Maverick Hunter X on the PSP3nd is the Mega Man Zero for the Gameboy Advance and Nintendo DSMegaMan Legend is a alternative universemegaman.net game is also alternative universeThat how much I now about the Mega Man Lure. "
    Legend is not in an alternative universe.  It is thousands of years into the future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.