Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Men in Black: Alien Crisis

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Released to coincide with, but not based on or tying into Men in Black III, Alien Crisis sees players shooting aliens and saving the world as Peter Delacoeur, a former thief and now an MIB agent.

Who's Buying This Rubbish?

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By vivek

After watching the Quick Look, and cringing most of the way through it, I thought to myself who is buying this game?

I know that there are people out there that might not be as knowledgeable about games and see the MIB logo and think wow a Men in Black game, but I expect those people to be far and few between. Do a lot people really buy this stuff without checking it out?

When I was a kid I was always fortunate to pick the games I wanted. As I only got them on special occasions I did research and picked wisely. The only time I was ever surprised by my parents was when they got me Batman Forever because I was going through a Batman faze (which has never ended) and I think it might have been going super cheap. Does this still happen? Do people see a franchised product and pick it up? Does the reduced price make it an easier purchase?

What does the publisher get out of this? Surely Activition is making a marginal if any profit, and I can't see how this is good branding for either the publisher or the franchise. I know that a group of people made this game and I feel truly sorry for them as it must have taken a fraction of the talents. On the other hand they also got paid and someone has to make the below par games and to be brutally honest the product looks terrible and reminded me of a bad PS2 era game.

I was lucky enough to be brought up on Space Invaders, Prince of Persia, Tetris, Monkey Island. Games the inspired! It’s a shame that someone out there is going to buy this game, most likely for a child, and they are going to have to somehow be entertained by it when there are better alternatives out there.

To finish up a quote “Whatever you are, be a good one” - Abraham Lincoln

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Vivek said:

I know that there are people out there that might not be as knowledgeable about games and see the MIB logo and think wow a Men in Black game, but I expect those people to be far and few between. Do a lot people really buy this stuff without checking it out?

I believe you underestimate the composition of the majority audience of our hobby.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By hatking

I got it on pre-order at EB Games.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By laserbolts

@HatKing said:

I got it on pre-order at EB Games.

You lie. Quite a few people will buy this because believe or not the majority of people that play video games do not read about them or check out reviews or videos before buying them.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By kindgineer

You expect way too much apparently. Do you really think publishers would waste their time on this if they didn't think they would make money?

Mom and Dad see MIB3 with their kids and come home to watch some Netflix on the Xbox. Right before they get there one of their children yells out "Mom, dad, what's that?" kids are exposed to a trailer for a game that looks awesome to them about a move they just saw and are still excited about. Sold.

There you go.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TentPole

You know I took risk on it because I am just that big of MIB fan and Jeff did not give it half a chance before making a pretty decent game look like shit. First of he wasn't even playing it with the proper controller. Have you ever House of the Dead 2 with a controller. Here is a hint: it sucks too. Then there is the fact that the story is actually fucking great and it is ridiculous how Jeff is nitpicking the story for small insignificant detail WHILE THE CHARACTERS IN THE GAME ARE EXPLAINGING WHY NO ONE NOTICES THE SHIPS FLYING THROUGH THE CITY. They could have made a shitty movie tie in game but instead they decided to do something new and original all Jeff can do is make fun of the game because of the NAME of the DEVELOPER. As a fan of lightgun shooters I can say that this game revolutionizes the genre. It is way better than the shitty Dead Space game at least yet somehow because JEFF already decided to hate the game. Being able to move the character makes the game far more like sin and punishment except this game actually uses a light gun like S&P SHOULD. Oh, and it also has a way better story with actually funny characters something even rockstar can't get right half of the time. ALso the bosses later in the game are some of the best I have ever seen since Contra 3. In alot of ways this game is kinda like a modern contra done right just based of the base levels from the originals. AND IT IS BETTER THAN ANY CONTRA SINCE HARD CORPS. I sometimes hate How jeff and the other guys refuse to give decent games a chance and ROB themselves and alot of Giant Bomb users out of a great experience and you know there are people here who are fans of the movie who would have given it a chance if JEFF didn't decided to SHIT ALL OVER IT without THINKING.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

It reminds me of playing Alpha Protocol, and a lot of people love that.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By donchipotle

@TentPole said:

You know I took risk on it because I am just that big of MIB fan and Jeff did not give it half a chance before making a pretty decent game look like shit. First of he wasn't even playing it with the proper controller. Have you ever House of the Dead 2 with a controller. Here is a hint: it sucks too. Then there is the fact that the story is actually fucking great and it is ridiculous how Jeff is nitpicking the story for small insignificant detail WHILE THE CHARACTERS IN THE GAME ARE EXPLAINGING WHY NO ONE NOTICES THE SHIPS FLYING THROUGH THE CITY. They could have made a shitty movie tie in game but instead they decided to do something new and original all Jeff can do is make fun of the game because of the NAME of the DEVELOPER. As a fan of lightgun shooters I can say that this game revolutionizes the genre. It is way better than the shitty Dead Space game at least yet somehow because JEFF already decided to hate the game. Being able to move the character makes the game far more like sin and punishment except this game actually uses a light gun like S&P SHOULD. Oh, and it also has a way better story with actually funny characters something even rockstar can't get right half of the time. ALso the bosses later in the game are some of the best I have ever seen since Contra 3. In alot of ways this game is kinda like a modern contra done right just based of the base levels from the originals. AND IT IS BETTER THAN ANY CONTRA SINCE HARD CORPS. I sometimes hate How jeff and the other guys refuse to give decent games a chance and ROB themselves and alot of Giant Bomb users out of a great experience and you know there are people here who are fans of the movie who would have given it a chance if JEFF didn't decided to SHIT ALL OVER IT without THINKING.

Is this a real post

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By SpunkyHePanda  Online

I bought five.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Animasta

@AhmadMetallic said:

It reminds me of playing Alpha Protocol, and a lot of people love that.

alpha protocol also had good dialogue, a good story, interesting characters, so yah.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cloudenvy

@DonChipotle said:

@TentPole said:

Is this a real post

No.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By darkvare

as soon as i saw the game i thought the conduit except somehow the conduit looks a bit better

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DukesT3

Just got my copy from Funcoland.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HaltIamReptar

@familyphotoshoot: Ugh. 4chan copypasta outside of 4chan? For real, man?

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Most people don't go to video game sites or read reviews.

I have a bunch of shitty games based on movies from when i was a little kid, yet I still enjoyed them.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16  Edited By spiceninja

There's someone on my friends list playing it now. I seriously hope that he rented it or stole it because god damn.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zajtalan

are you guys serious... this game looked fun but not worth 60 dollars

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By mrfizzy

@Vivek said:

After watching the Quick Look, and cringing most of the way through it, I thought to myself who is buying this game?

When I was a kid I was always fortunate to pick the games I wanted. As I only got them on special occasions I did research and picked wisely. The only time I was ever surprised by my parents was when they got me Batman Forever because I was going through a Batman faze (which has never ended) and I think it might have been going super cheap. Does this still happen? Do people see a franchised product and pick it up? Does the reduced price make it an easier purchase?

What does the publisher get out of this? Surely Activition is making a marginal if any profit, and I can't see how this is good branding for either the publisher or the franchise. I know that a group of people made this game and I feel truly sorry for them as it must have taken a fraction of the talents. On the other hand they also got paid and someone has to make the below par games and to be brutally honest the product looks terrible and reminded me of a bad PS2 era game.

I was lucky enough to be brought up on Space Invaders, Prince of Persia, Tetris, Monkey Island. Games the inspired! It’s a shame that someone out there is going to buy this game, most likely for a child, and they are going to have to somehow be entertained by it when there are better alternatives out there.

To finish up a quote “Whatever you are, be a good one” - Abraham Lincoln

You have to remember that while not many people will buy this game, it isn't taking a lot of time or money to make. Activision is a business so when they see an opportunity to make a quick buck they take it. They know that the game is shit and that no serious gamer will buy it but their accountants and marketing analysts have told them that enough parents and 10 yr olds with pocket money will buy it to cover the costs.

Also I would assume that the movie studio (Columbia Pictures?) is in on this. Even if it is shit they get to turn to investors and say "look, MIB isn't just a bunch of movies, it's a BRAND, coz it has toys and video games! and now you can invest in this brand!"

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vivek

Surprised to see a lot of people actually interested in this game. Maybe it is a decent lightgun game? But I think that the time and money spent on producing something like this could have been spent making something else, anything else.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Samaritan

Uninformed parents whose children like Men in Black?

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Captain_Felafel said:

Kids even know what MiB is?

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Samaritan

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Captain_Felafel said:

*Sigh* Probably not.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By AndrewB

Hey guys, I really liked that first Men in Black movie!

kingcopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kingcopper

day 1 dude, this game is gonna be cool i like aliens and i like the men in black, it makes perfect sense for me to be buying this game on the first day that it is out.... i love this franchise and i cannot wait to play this game.... men in black 2 is my favorite movie, tommy lee jones so sexy and will smith is a looker too... sexiest men alive saving the world? hell ya and men in black the game might look bad, but u know that looks can decieve, u know it, and i know it too

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By s10129107

kids

Illuminosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Illuminosopher

Idiots who need gifts for other idiots.

~Bender

qawsed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By qawsed

The game has 309k likes on Facebook.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mikey87144

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Captain_Felafel said:

It's pretty popular in Japan apparently.

Yes I know this game isn't being made for the Japanese market.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#30  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@Vivek: Not much time or money I'd imagine, maybe could have spent it on a weeks paid vacation or something.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By AssInAss

@AndrewB said:

Watch the cartoon, and none of the other movies:

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AndrewB

@AssInAss said:

@AndrewB said:

Eff that! I steered clear of it like I did with The Real Ghostbusters.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By AssInAss

@AndrewB said:

@AssInAss said:

@AndrewB said:

Eff that! I steered clear of it like I did with The Real Ghostbusters.

What?! I loved Ghostbusters cartoon as a kid, and it sometimes creeped me out.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AndrewB

@AssInAss: Psh. Egon's hair is not blonde!

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35  Edited By me3639

The only problem i have is the $60 price tag complete rip-off.

hardindr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By hardindr
    DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By DougCL

i asked the girl at gamestop today and she told me that all the copies that were sitting on the shelf behind the counter next to ghost recon future soldier were all the copies they recieved. not a single copy got purchased, at least from that location.

Whampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Whampire

@Captain_Felafel said:

This. Or just thinking that the kids like it.

It's like Marge buying Bart Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge.

http://youtu.be/ac9Z6CN14Gs

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hardindr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hardindr

@Zacagawea: Looking at the comments to various posts on the Facebook page, you might be right.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By napalm

@DonChipotle said:

Is this a real post

What post?

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TentPole

@august said:

@s0nic_hedgeh0g said:

@TentPole said:

iagree you are corect jeff needs to close his fucking face.I see peopl said: "hey, you look at some of the anime fans ... we makefun of them," because Jeff ... tired of all these assholes. They just do online, in real life, because they do not have balls. I, as an example of the main fans, I am not a jerk, I hate the "Lord of the Rings",I'm not fat. yes, I have a girlfriend, and i'm not japanese. stfu jeff

You're doing a pretty fine job so far, but I think I just figured out you guys are the same dude so you might want to vary up your style some more.

We are most definitively not the same person. i for one strove to use proper grammar throughout with the exception of the distinct lack of paragraph structure, and the wonton use of random capitalization, not to mention lack of proper punctuation. All deliberate choices made in order to better demonstrate my rage.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By jakob187

Men in Black was cool when I was younger...and more naive.

Now, having gone back and watched that first movie...man, it's a tough thing to sit through.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TentPole

@jakob187: All joking aside. I still like MiB 1.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45  Edited By spiceninja

I wish I had enough disposable income to buy a $60 game like this and not even think twice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.