Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Men of War: Assault Squad

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 25, 2011

A stand-alone expansion for Men of War, which places heavier emphasis upon co-operative skirmishes and introduces the Imperial Japanese.

Men of War: Assault Squad Open Beta

gpbmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By gpbmike

The past weekend's RTS of choice was the Men of War: Assault Squad multiplayer open beta. Back in January I played Men of War and gave some quick impressions. At the time I didn't try out the multiplayer as I tend to suck at multiplayer RTS. However, who can argue with free open betas? I gave Assault Squad a go over the weekend and quite enjoyed myself.  

I found this video commentary of someone playing the beta. He has some anger issues but seems to know his stuff.  

If you're a Company of Heroes fan, but want something deeper, I recommend you check this out. 
    gpbmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gpbmike

The past weekend's RTS of choice was the Men of War: Assault Squad multiplayer open beta. Back in January I played Men of War and gave some quick impressions. At the time I didn't try out the multiplayer as I tend to suck at multiplayer RTS. However, who can argue with free open betas? I gave Assault Squad a go over the weekend and quite enjoyed myself.  

I found this video commentary of someone playing the beta. He has some anger issues but seems to know his stuff.  

If you're a Company of Heroes fan, but want something deeper, I recommend you check this out. 
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Skald

Is this the sequel to that Russian game I bought off of a Steam sale not too long ago?

gpbmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gpbmike
    @extremeradical said:
    " Is this the sequel to that Russian game I bought off of a Steam sale not too long ago? "
    They're calling it a stand alone expansion. It looks like it'll only be multiplayer in addition to a skirmish mode that can be played co-op against AI.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.