Where's the nuke?!

#1 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6296 posts) -

I'm 48% through the game and just unlocked the pirate faction and have done every mission for every faction leading up to it. Whose missions do I do to unlock the nuke!? I heard you get it from the mechanic, but I'm not sure.

#2 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. But really, I think it probably won't be available in the game until we're close to the end.

#3 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6296 posts) -

Yeah that's what all the signs are pointing to thus far. There's still a lot of unknown shit about this game, there's two secret achievements nobody knows about, 100% checklist etc.

#4 Edited by elko84 (1062 posts) -

Is bribing a faction the only way to make a faction nice towards you again?  the PLAV is hostile against me and so i cannot start their contracts.  how can i make them neutral again?

#5 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
elko84 said:
"Is bribing a faction the only way to make a faction nice towards you again?  the PLAV is hostile against me and so i cannot start their contracts.  how can i make them neutral again?"

I haven't and won't play Mercs 2, but in most games with factions you boost up your standing with faction X by killing their enemies. That might work.
#6 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
elko84 said:
"Is bribing a faction the only way to make a faction nice towards you again?  the PLAV is hostile against me and so i cannot start their contracts.  how can i make them neutral again?"
I have not played Mercs 2, but in the original you get other factions to like you by killing their rival faction as well as just bribing them if I remember correctly.
#7 Posted by carzy (275 posts) -

you get the nuke at the last mission

#8 Posted by Dual (47 posts) -
elko84 said:

You can bribe a faction by talking to Fiona at the PMC, you need some money though.
#9 Posted by KFX (5 posts) -

You can get a faction to like you again by capturing or killing their HVT's.  It depends on how much you are in the doghouse for on how many HVT's to kill or capture, but it works.

#10 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -
carzy said:
"you get the nuke at the last mission"
This.

You can then buy more from your mechanic for $1M each.
#11 Posted by reversethedevil (99 posts) -
Everyones_A_Critic said:
"

I'm 48% through the game and just unlocked the pirate faction and have done every mission for every faction leading up to it. Whose missions do I do to unlock the nuke!? I heard you get it from the mechanic, but I'm not sure.

"
Keep waiting. you'll find it in your quest for revenge. Just keep playing. Fiona will have some revenge info for you. Then you'll find out.
#12 Posted by coolboy34 (4 posts) -

it is confirmed you get it on the last mission

#13 Posted by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -

By the way, if you do all the contracts for Universal Petroleum, P.L.A.V. and verify blanco, the game gives you the "Get Solano" mission.  If you haven't done the missions for the A.N. and China DON'T DO THE MISSION.  It would seem that it is impossible to win.  The roads you need to take are not available yet so you'll get so far and then you can't go any farther in the mission.  I just wasted 45 minutes trying to do this and figured that out. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.