Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mercenary Kings

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 25, 2014

A mission based side-scrolling 2D shooter with loot and craftable weapons.

This Month's PS+ PS4 Game

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#1  Edited By Little_Socrates

Hey, y'all,

Figured I'd post in here to let y'all know.

I've got 3 PS4 controllers and a Vita dead ready for Mercenary Kings. After two weeks of almost uninterrupted Towerfall (only paused now by some Mass Effect 3) my friends and I will hopefully be stoked to have some new retro couch multiplayer to work with.

The PS4's becoming a verifiable den of local multiplayer between Towerfall, Merc Kings, Dead Nation, Luftrausers, and the (hopefully soon!) release of Sportsfriends.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That's great! this news comes right as I was mulling purchasing mercenary kings on steam, now I can play it for free with just a hint of guilt about not paying the developer.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

That's a less than impressive line up to me. At least as someone that played Arkham City back when it came out, because that game is rad.

Bit of a bummer, really, especially given the lack of high profile releases next month. Oh well!

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By cloudymusic

Well...now I feel sort of dumb for buying this on Early Access, since it only just got "truly" released three days ago.

Oh well, glad to support the developer, I guess. I will definitely prefer playing this on the PS4.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@freshbandito: Well Sony pays the dev's for their game to be put on Plus so no need to feel bad!

I'm only looking forward to Merc Kings. That's it. I have the ugly GOTY Batman which I guess I should sell now, Castle of Illusions will get played for trophies, I already own and don't care for Velocity and Stealth Inc. and don't much care for PixelJunk. So it's a poo month for me. But 2 of my friends have a PS4 and another 2 own Dualshock 4's, plus we have Vitas so it's going to be easy to play Merc Kings co-op. If it accepts 4 players.

I have Towerfall. I should tell my friends to being their DS4's so we can 4 player it. That game is so fun.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@little_socrates: Luftrausers isn't on PS4. Is it even co-op? I hope Sportsfriends comes out soon too. That should be tons of fun.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

That's really cool about Mercenary Kings. Excited to try that.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Awesome! I was already prepared to buy it anyway. Really looking forward to it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'll be too busy over here playing Dark Souls 2 to care about any of this nonsense.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hatking

Man, I own more PS4 games than I do 3DS games, and I don't own a PS4. This really has me looking forward to the day I finally pick one up. And Mercenary Kings has been something I've wanted to play since I saw the Quick Look.

Not sure why, but I went really bitter on the Arkham franchise right after finishing City. I don't remember anything being particularly terrible about that game, it had the same great combat and cool puzzle stuff. But I have no desire to go back. Kind of wish they had gone with Origins, because at least that'd be a fresh experience for me.

Also, the way that video was produced really reminded me of the way video game and toy kiosks in the 90's shouted at customers. I feel like that thing should be running on a loop inside a Toys R Us somewhere. Kind of made me nostalgic.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@hatking said:

Also, the way that video was produced really reminded me of the way video game and toy kiosks in the 90's shouted at customers. I feel like that thing should be running on a loop inside a Toys R Us somewhere. Kind of made me nostalgic.

It's actually super crazy hearing a Sony employee randomly hum the 60s Batman theme while introducing Batman: Arkham City. What a weird video.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#13 jeanluc  Staff

Heck yeah for Mercenary Kings!

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By dagas

EU is getting Mercenary Kings too but Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 instead of Batman, which I am cool with. Not played PES in forever so I am interested in how it compares to FIFA.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

All right, I'd totally play this on the ps4 and glad I don't have to pay (since I already paid on steam!)

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to get some more controllers. And friends.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

First month in a while I won't get any use out of anything (nobody else I know owns a PS4) but it's been a pretty heavy past three or four months and I've got Fez to get started on.

DM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was going to buy Kings, thanks Sony!

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it awhile ago on steam. Now that its on a console I might actually play it!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By csl316

I'm really liking the trend of PS4 offering new indie titles, at least until it builds up a back catalog of bigger games.

Heck of a line up. Stealth Inc. is super cool, Arkham City is great, Castle of Illusion and Velocity Ultra were both a lot of fun.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#22  Edited By bobafettjm

Awesome! I was already thinking about buying it for PS4, guess I don't have to now.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By TheHT

Looks like I'll be holding off for another month before restarting my subscription.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another title that I would've gladly paid for (seperately, that is), so no complaints. Have also been looking forwards to Kings being released since late last year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.