Ugh, I got suckered again. The Bladewolf DLC is out and I'm a sucker for nearly anything with a Metal Gear name on it, so of course I bought the thing, but some minutes into the story mode and I'm already kind of bored with it. I expected better, Platinum!
Maybe I'll write up a proper review later when I can make myself finish the story but here's a summary of good/bad things so far:
- More storyline about Bladewolf trying to figure out what "freedom" means to him, also Mistral's ass on a chair of Scarab/Dwarf Geckos.
- Can use all of Blade Wolf's moves from the boss battle, which includes the "heat knives" and the chainsaw tail.
- Can actually perform stealth kills ("Hunt Kills") and use AR Vision, unlike Sam.
- Smallest movelist in the game, even smaller than Sam.
- Instead of Ninja Run or Double Jump/Airdash abilities like other PCs, Bladewolf can just run and jump. That's it. Can't block bullets during that either.
- FUCKING JUMPING PUZZLES IN 2013. ARE YOU KIDDING ME, PLATINUM?
- Re-using parts of Denver, Sukhimi levels. At least they didn't re-use the sewer level like in Jetstream.
- That Khamsin guy. I just don't like him.
So yeah, if you bought it, let me know if you liked it better.