Do you think Snake will be revealed to be dead in Metal Gear Rising?

• 66 results
#51 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (733 posts) -

I predict a mention of Solid Snake that doesn't confirm whether he is dead or alive. Then in Metal Gear Solid 5 he pops up in the Colonel/Otacon role, with the player controlling Johnny Sasaki.

#52 Posted by Dalai (7029 posts) -

A source told me that Snake will be dead... tired of hearing about Revengeance.

#53 Posted by punkxblaze (2985 posts) -

@stinky said:

Snake?

Snake?!

#54 Posted by GunstarRed (5180 posts) -

No way. I'd bet a bunch of money Snake will pop up in a post credits codec conversation.

#55 Posted by Shirogane (3573 posts) -

@doosmacleod said:

@ThunderSlash said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

In the end it's going to turn out that Snake was inside Raiden's sword all along.

Spoilers.

Fixed.

Solid Snake the talking cyber sword motherfuckers.

Preordering seventeen copies right now.

Ther other sword is called Liquid Snake. Though i guess that's not worth any extra copies...

#56 Posted by AgnosticJesus (544 posts) -

I read that a new snake was being cloned, not from the DNA of Big Boss but from past leaders. Octacon has been combing the tombs of the greatest leaders in history to find cells with DNA traces. These long-dead genetic blueprints will be combined to produce a clone with the genius of Napoleon, the ruthlessness of Julius Caesar, the daring of Hannibal, and the shrewdness of Attila the Hun. The new Snake will be a brilliant tactician and a master of political intrigue.

#57 Posted by ThunderSlash (1725 posts) -

@Shirogane said:

@doosmacleod said:

@ThunderSlash said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

In the end it's going to turn out that Snake was inside Raiden's sword all along.

Spoilers.

Fixed.

Ther other sword is called Liquid Snake. Though i guess that's not worth any extra copies...

So they will comically bicker amongst each other at times? Will this game be like the Devil May Cry games in which the demons you defeat can turn into weapons?

#58 Posted by AjayRaz (12427 posts) -

i heard that raiden is just going to be in the first part of the game (as well as in all the marketing), and the majority of the game you will be actually playing as solid snake

#59 Edited by NTM (7377 posts) -

It's a spinoff, so I'd assume not. It's not really a part of the main series. It's too bad, Metal Gear Solid is one of my favorite franchises, it's my favorite franchise that has more games than three in a series, and it's a series I'm playing right now. All of them from the first Metal Gear to Peacewalker I have out. The thing that's too bad is that I'm just not interested in this, it doesn't look that great. It looks like one of those games that I don't want to even consider canon. When I had originally saw it in its first form (cutting watermelons) I was excited, but not now.

@punkxblaze said:

@stinky said:

Snake?

Snake?!

Otacon: SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!??? Press X to crouch. Hey look! I just broke the fourth wall!

Snake: Otacon! Now's not the time!

Otacon: Oh, so you're still alive!?

Snake: Oh... Rrrr, no. Ughhhhhhh.....

Otacon: Snake? Snake!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!???

#60 Posted by Shirogane (3573 posts) -

@ThunderSlash said:

@Shirogane said:

@doosmacleod said:

@ThunderSlash said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

Spoilers.

Fixed.

So they will comically bicker amongst each other at times? Will this game be like the Devil May Cry games in which the demons you defeat can turn into weapons?

Welp, someone email this to platinum, it sounds right up their alley.

#61 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (733 posts) -

Metal Gear Rising 2: Snake's Revengeance.

#62 Posted by makari (597 posts) -

Nanomachines

#63 Posted by adam1808 (1496 posts) -

I hope so.

#64 Posted by Korolev (1707 posts) -

Seriously hope he isn't even mentioned. And if he is, let him be dead. Snake's had his last run. If he somehow has survived his ageing process or if a new clone (Solid-er Snake, Gaseous Snake, Plasma Snake, 3nake (for any 3D MGS Games)) appears then it would make MGS4 almost irrelevant.

#65 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

I'm sure he's too busy training up Johnny/Akiba for MGS5.

#66 Posted by TobbRobb (4646 posts) -

HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD.

FUCK THE MGS 4 ENDING.

That said, no they won't. Snake won't die unless Kojima is ready to get fired or lynched in the office.

#67 Posted by Village_Guy (2577 posts) -

Of course not, he gotta be alive in one way or another so they can make him PC in MGS5. Money still rules the world after all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.