Ever wanted to host a MGR:revengance party?

#1 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

So i came across this on a Online video game retail site in the UK and just thought it sounded an odd thing to have

http://www.comeround.com/mgr/

I don't know if any other game has ever had this sort of treatment before anywhere, although MGR:R sounds like the wrong sort of game to have a party about with a host and however many friends that would even be into the game in that way.

If your accepted you receive a MGR:R party pack along with the game one week before release, and if you do a few more little things you have a chance to meet Hideo so there is some neat things if you go through with it i suppose.

What do you think would be in a MGR:R themed party pack that would seem remotely interesting to you?

#2 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Tupperware parties are weird, this seems normal. I thought video game release parties were frequent.

#3 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

I guess its the first time I've ever seen one come to my attention, has anyone here ever been to one before or would you deem it a weird n awkward thing to do for a video game.

Even midnight release for games i don't really understand why many people would want to line up like that

#4 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Seems like a neat promo. A little weird but neat.

#5 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3855 posts) -

Yeah that's kinda a weird promo. From the sounds of it you don't get to choose who you invite so you're getting 9 strangers into your house. Weird. If one of them was Kojima I guess that would be alright. Maybe.

#6 Posted by TooWalrus (13159 posts) -

Definitely weird. So... is there any word of when the PC version comes out? I haven't heard anything about it other than that it exists.

#7 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

Theres a pc version? Hmm sweet, since im not crazy day one purchase mood right now i guess ill wait around if that's a thing or till its just generally £20 or less.

#8 Posted by ShaggE (6415 posts) -

Eh, MGR:R parties have been a family tradition for decades. Until recently, though, they made very little sense to anybody involved.

#9 Posted by Dagbiker (6964 posts) -

Only if its prerecorded.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.