How many cuts before the frame rate gets too low?

Posted by buft (3307 posts) 6 months, 22 days ago

Poll: How many cuts before the frame rate gets too low? (25 votes)

Less than 50 8%
50 - 100 4%
100 - 150 8%
150 - 250 8%
250 - 500 12%
500 - 750 16%
750+ 44%

I'm genuinely curious, in zandatsu mode how many pieces do you get up too before the framerate drops too low to continue, for me personally i get roughly about 300 before the game starts slide-showing. Not unusual for my AMD FX processor, sometimes it doesn't get on well with games but aside from that the game runs like butter.

#1 Posted by oliveshark (52 posts) -

I'm closing in on the end game, and I have yet been in a situation where that big of a number has come up. It's a fun question though, but wouldn't are you going out of your way to make this many cuts?

#2 Edited by buft (3307 posts) -

I'm closing in on the end game, and I have yet been in a situation where that big of a number has come up. It's a fun question though, but wouldn't are you going out of your way to make this many cuts?

not cuts, pieces, my wording is poor sorry. I've had a few areas where i get carried away and go mad with the mode but the easy way to test is during the tutorial where you have unlimited energy, i should clarify this isnt something that usually comes up for me in regular gameplay but i seen some people saying on the steam forums that they have loss of frames from the first cut.

#3 Posted by billymagnum (737 posts) -

is the cut performance based on your processor power or your memory?

#4 Edited by StarFoxA (5140 posts) -
#5 Posted by billymagnum (737 posts) -

@starfoxa: nice to know. id like to hear what people are getting with what chips.

#6 Posted by guanophobic (275 posts) -

@starfoxa:

nice to know. id like to hear what people are getting with what chips.

For science.

#7 Posted by ripelivejam (3588 posts) -

i wonder if you had like 16 cores if you could eventually get down to the subatomic level...

#8 Edited by MiniPato (2721 posts) -

Had slowdown during the monsoon fight cause i cut a helicopter into a 1000 pieces with infinite zandatsu. Of coure there were sparks and rain going on during fight too.

#9 Posted by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -

I'd say the slowdown starts around 300, but its very small. For something that would really affect the game I'd have to go over 750.

#10 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4331 posts) -

My i7 lets me do all of the cuts.

#11 Posted by crithon (3081 posts) -

getting around 12 or 6 slices

time to upgrade

#12 Edited by Humanity (8874 posts) -

Past 400 starts dropping frames into single digits. I'm on an 8 core AMD bulldozer processor.

#13 Edited by roseanne26 (5 posts) -

I have had no problem till 500 yet.. My processor seems pretty efficient.. ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.