Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A fast-paced action game co-developed by PlatinumGames and Kojima Productions. It follows ninja-cyborg Raiden's activities four years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

Meta Gear Solid: Rising - November 2nd North American Release?

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro

No Caption Provided
    Metal Gear Solid: Rising will see an US release on November 2nd 2012, according to leaked Gamestop documents that OXM have obtained....

This is from CVG:

"Konami's next Metal Gear title launches in the US on November 2, 2012, according to alleged Gamestop documents picked up by OXM. Starring a noticeably beefed-up Raiden and some heavy-duty melon chopping, Rising has already been rumoured for a 2012 release. Hopefully this is outdated - or plain incorrect - info, because we don't want to wait that long for a new console Metal Gear.Still, if reports from earlier this week are correct, we should be able to get our hands on Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D this November."   

CVG

If Kojima feels this is necessary, it will happen - Konami would support him fully on this if it results in a better quality product and means there could be a Project Cafe version also, the latter of which would increase potential revenue from the game.

If this is true, gaming gods forbid, I hope they release a demo with a significant amount of content to tide us fans over...  

edit: thanks - fixed typos
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By sameeeeam
    @Contro said:

No Caption Provided

Metal Gear Solid: Rising will see an US release on November 2nd 2011, according to leaked Gamestop documents that OXM have obtained.
    Wait, doesn't he article say it's coming in 2012?

EDIT: Never mind. Fixed.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Pie

Well that sucks

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Zabant

The fuck are they doing....if the game needs 20 more months of development time to come out it must still be a huge unplayable mess. Why lock yourself in to an exact date when the game is obviously nowhere near finished. Just say Q3/Q4 2012 as it leaves you room to manoeuvre.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By probablytuna

Awesome, another game I'll be looking forward to for next year.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Kyle

I wouldn't be shocked, the game's been in development, what-- two years? At least?

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Doctorchimp

Wow....2012 huh?

By then Diablo 3 is for sure going to be released and I don't know if I can muster playing a console action game...

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RoyCampbell

Jesus. I won't even know what the fuck I'll be doing by the end of 2012. I hadn't even caught the "2012" date the first time, I had to reread it to make sure.

Again, yeeeesh.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zityz

30 more hours of cutscenes need to be added.

EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By EvilKatarn

It's bullcrap. Basically what they got is just another Gamestop release list with placeholder dates in there to get you to preorder stuff. You can easily get the same list by going into a gamestop, saying you want a list of upcoming releases and you'll get the same thing. Gamestop has no idea when these games are coming out...

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Marz

Oh phew.... thought it was going to be this year....  i already have enough games lined up to last awhile.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Contro
    @EvilKatarn said:
    It's bullcrap. Basically what they got is just another Gamestop release list with placeholder dates in there to get you to preorder stuff. You can easily get the same list by going into a gamestop, saying you want a list of upcoming releases and you'll get the same thing. Gamestop has no idea when these games are coming out...

I assumed it was a place-holder also, but when you see credible sites running with the story you're left wondering. November 2nd 2012 is a Friday, do games ever get released on Friday's in the US?.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.