Metal Gear Rising being directed by Bayonetta's main programmer.

#1 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -
http://andriasang.com/comzop/mg_rising_director/      

The mystery director for Metal Gear Rising Revengeance has been confirmed in this week's Famitsu to be Platinum Games' Kenji Saito.

Saito was the main programmer on Bayonetta. Inaba says that he's been working with Kamiya since the Viewtiful Joe era, and his involvement in games and game design has gone beyond the frame of a mere programmer. 

As reported earlier, Kojima also confirmed in the dialogue that the game will be playable at this year's E3.

Seems promising.
#2 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Icemael said:
http://andriasang.com/comzop/mg_rising_director/      

The mystery director for Metal Gear Rising Revengeance has been confirmed in this week's Famitsu to be Platinum Games' Kenji Saito.

Saito was the main programmer on Bayonetta. Inaba says that he's been working with Kamiya since the Viewtiful Joe era, and his involvement in games and game design has gone beyond the frame of a mere programmer. 

As reported earlier, Kojima also confirmed in the dialogue that the game will be playable at this year's E3.

Seems VERY promising.
Fixed for you. Now we just need to wait until E3.
#3 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

I completely forgot that this game existed.

#4 Posted by xyzygy (9891 posts) -

Every news article i hear about this game makes it seem better and better.

#5 Posted by TheHT (10876 posts) -

The last lines of the trailer, about 'Jack lettin' 'er rip' pretty much screams Bayonetta. Should be interesting in the most stupid insane awesome way.

#6 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

That's pretty great news. All I need now is a demo.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (35992 posts) -

Now I want Raiden to have huge, heaving breasts and a hair boot that you unlock later in the game. (Makes as much sense as anything else in the Metal Gear universe.)

#8 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Anyone wanna wager Bayonetta will show up at some point.

#9 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Still not going to consider it MGS canon, even if the gameplay is alright.

#10 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Now I want Raiden to have huge, heaving breasts and a hair boot that you unlock later in the game. (Makes as much sense as anything else in the Metal Gear universe.)

@Xtrememuffinman said:

Still not going to consider it MGS canon, even if the gameplay is alright.

That's actually canon. They allude to it in Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

#11 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Whilst this news is good for this game, it is terrible news in reality! It means he's not currently making a Bayonetta 2, which is something that the world needs right now.

#12 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -
@Tylea002: Doesn't mean Bayonetta 2 isn't being made. The game Kamiya is working on at the moment has not been revealed.
#13 Posted by DocHaus (1314 posts) -

Honestly, I thought this was already a given, now that Platinum was brought in to handle the "game" part of MG:R:R.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.