Metal Gear Rising TGS Trailer

#1 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

I can't believe no one posted this yet.

Brand new trailer from TGS:

Hype level reaching critical mass!

#2 Edited by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

im so psyched! Metal Gear is the best ever!

im also curious as to if any of characters from the series will pop up like snake or campbell or whoever. i mean it is a MG game so anythings possible but it does seem like they are trying to make it it's own thing which is fine.

#3 Posted by GunstarRed (5047 posts) -

Even if this game had no Metal Gear association I would still be pretty excited for it. It looks really, really good. I was watching some of the gameplay videos on Gamespot earlier and the combat looks really fast and fluid. I'm pretty excited about you potentially getting a robot dog companion at some point in the game.

#4 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1555 posts) -

What.

#5 Posted by Nentisys (886 posts) -

Platinum Games, best games.

#6 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

That looks fucking sick

#7 Posted by Ocean_H (290 posts) -

#8 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

Game looks bananas, and Platinum never disappoints with action. Day 1 purchase.

#9 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

NERDGASM

#10 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

They had me at the P+ logo

#11 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@Ocean_H said:

That camera looks buggy as hell, but I'll give it this: compared to those screenshots released a few months back, this looks far better.

I don't know if its exactly up my street, but it looks cool.

#12 Posted by Ocean_H (290 posts) -
#13 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10567 posts) -

This game looks ridiculous and insane in all the right ways.

REVENGEANCE!

Moderator Online
#14 Posted by Hailinel (23978 posts) -

@GetEveryone said:

@Ocean_H said:

That camera looks buggy as hell, but I'll give it this: compared to those screenshots released a few months back, this looks far better.

Games under development tend to have bugs. :P

#15 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

Looks promising. Hope its awesome.

#16 Posted by august (3827 posts) -

SPINAL CORDS PISS ME OFF

#17 Posted by TheLastNeo (438 posts) -

This looks good, but I dont think I'll play this.. its a bit too outside of what I want from a Metal Gear Game. In addition, I cant even begin to fathom how the hell this ties in at all the to the events of MGS4...

Meh..

#18 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

ADIOS AMIGOS!

#19 Posted by VoshiNova (1645 posts) -

Thank you thank you thank you :)

#20 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

Just... fucking give this to me. 

#21 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

@TheLastNeo said:

its a bit too outside of what I want from a Metal Gear Game.

I really don't understand the people making these comments. What are they showing that's making you not think this is a Metal Gear game? Didn't the last one have supermodels in robot suits? And the one before that had a man who could control a swarm of hornets, and the one before that went fucking crazy in the last few hours, and the one before that knew what games you were playing from your memory card.

This is just a fast paced action game set in the Metal Gear universe, and it's hardly crossing a line considering the insanity of the other Metal Gear games.

#22 Posted by cannonballBAM (591 posts) -

Fuck yes.

#23 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

@Landon: agreed. this for sure FEELS like a MGS game. really the only diffrence is the gameplay. even if i didnt like these types of games (which i totally do) i would still wanna play it because its a metal gear game. it's like not watching ANGEL because it doesnt have buffy in it.

#24 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@GetEveryone said:

@Ocean_H said:

Games under development tend to have bugs. :P

Oh, indeed. Considering how far along this looks like it's actually come, I'd imagine an issue like the camera will (hopefully) be ironed out come release.

#25 Posted by Zereta (1365 posts) -

This looks batshit crazy. I'm in.

#26 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4585 posts) -

Looked ok right up until the creepy fucking hand robots that seem designed solely for molesting (HRDOM?).

#27 Posted by 49th (2697 posts) -

I wish this was Wii U exclusive.

j/k no one wants that ever

#28 Posted by Baillie (4041 posts) -

@Landon said:

@TheLastNeo said:

its a bit too outside of what I want from a Metal Gear Game.

I really don't understand the people making these comments. What are they showing that's making you not think this is a Metal Gear game? Didn't the last one have supermodels in robot suits? And the one before that had a man who could control a swarm of hornets, and the one before that went fucking crazy in the last few hours, and the one before that knew what games you were playing from your memory card.

This is just a fast paced action game set in the Metal Gear universe, and it's hardly crossing a line considering the insanity of the other Metal Gear games.

You're taking small things from the games and making it seem like that's the whole story, it's not. I want a strong story driven game, not this.

#29 Posted by Baillie (4041 posts) -

@rebgav said:

So go play a Metal Gear Solid game.

I'm sure that the story in Rising will be weird, fragmented and barely coherent so obviously it's not a real Metal Gear story.

Oh hey, sarcasm, I didn't see you there. I love Metal Gear Solid, and every game has been really story driven so far, so excuse me for being doubtful of this game as it is completely focusing on action heavy Bayonetta style gameplay. I'd also love for people to stop saying is so crazy because they only played MGS2, that game is crazy, and it's why it's my least favourite game of the 4 main games in the series. MGS 3 is where the series shines. Sure there are some small elements of crazy (read: bosses), but the story overall is fantastic.

#30 Edited by N7 (3574 posts) -

@Baillie said:

@rebgav said:

So go play a Metal Gear Solid game.

I'm sure that the story in Rising will be weird, fragmented and barely coherent so obviously it's not a real Metal Gear story.

Oh hey, sarcasm, I didn't see you there. I love Metal Gear Solid, and every game has been really story driven so far, so excuse me for being doubtful of this game as it is completely focusing on action heavy Bayonetta style gameplay. I'd also love for people to stop saying is so crazy because they only played MGS2, that game is crazy, and it's why it's my least favourite game of the 4 main games in the series. MGS 3 is where the series shines. Sure there are some small elements of crazy (read: bosses), but the story overall is fantastic.

I disagree. I'm angry at the new Splinter Cell because it's a bastardization of the series while still pretending to be Splinter Cell. They took a stealth action game and turned it into an action game but hey sometimes stealth happens.

Rising on the other hand isn't pretending to be grampa's Metal Gear. It's its own thing. From the people who have played it at TGS, they all say how they are shocked at how Metal Gear it feels, but it doesn't pretend to be something it's not.

I was hella buttmad at Rising when it was announced because what the fuck. Then I realized this isn't the direction MGS is going, this was Kojima Productions realizing they were sitting on a slicing mechanic for three years and no game to go with it. So they made a very, VERY smart move and now they are able to salvage a game that was already canceled and in turn give us more Platinum.

Also, Rising was canceled, Bayonetta 2 was canceled. Is it just me or are Platinum Games some sort of saviors?

#31 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@N7 said:

Also, Rising was canceled, Bayonetta 2 was canceled. Is it just me or are Platinum Games some sort of saviors?

Prey 2 coming from Platinum! You heard it here first!

#32 Posted by Baillie (4041 posts) -

@N7 said:

I disagree. I'm angry at the new Splinter Cell because it's a bastardization of the series while still pretending to be Splinter Cell. They took a stealth action game and turned it into an action game but hey sometimes stealth happens.

I've got to disagree with this, partly. While I agree the games are becoming more action-focused, that's still just an option, allowing players who aren't into the whole stealth thing to get a kick out of playing it. I LOVED Conviction, I'd rate it highly, among the first three in the series. I barely ever got into a guns-blazing scenario in my playthroughs, and on co-op. So my view is the opposite of yours where it's still completely stealth, but hey sometimes action happens.

I'd also like to point out that I'm not bashing Rising at all, I know what it's doing and I also know that it's not a game I'm particularly wanting to play. I have Bayonetta and I can't get into it, which is weird considering how much I love the fighting in Arkham games, you know?

@rebgav said:

It's totally fine not to have any interest in this game, you could ignore it and you wouldn't be missing out on anything, so I don't know why some MGS fans get so bent out of shape about it.

I would like to ignore this game, but being a massive fan of the series and the story, I will be missing out on just that, story elements from the universe. It'll be like having a 1000 piece jigsaw, but with a few pieces missing, looks fine, but I'd still want the complete picture.

#33 Posted by N7 (3574 posts) -

@Baillie: I think the weirdest part is the fact I hated Bayonetta. Just couldn't get into it at all. It was wrong to me. I don't know what I didn't like, but I just didn't get into it. So why I'm completely stoked for Rising, knowing these people made Bayonetta, is weird.

I mean some of them worked on DMC but still. I should have no reason to want this game, aside from how good it looks, but I'm going mad waiting for it.

The whole situation is weird.

#34 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

@Baillie said:

I've got to disagree with this, partly. While I agree the games are becoming more action-focused, that's still just an option, allowing players who aren't into the whole stealth thing to get a kick out of playing it.

Why would players who "aren't into the whole stealth thing" want to play what is ostensibly a stealth game?

#35 Posted by Ocean_H (290 posts) -

Trailer in English

#36 Posted by TheHBK (5466 posts) -

*sigh* no matter how much they try, Raiden is still a little whiny bitch to me.

#37 Posted by liquiddragon (223 posts) -

officially rehyped for this game!!

#38 Posted by Baillie (4041 posts) -

@Soapy86 said:

@Baillie said:

I've got to disagree with this, partly. While I agree the games are becoming more action-focused, that's still just an option, allowing players who aren't into the whole stealth thing to get a kick out of playing it.

Why would players who "aren't into the whole stealth thing" want to play what is ostensibly a stealth game?

I don't.. know?

@rebgav said:

A few years ago this would have been a valid concern but between youtube, twitch, niconico, and wikis you'll be able to see as much of this game as you like without ever having to play it. Or you could just bump the difficulty down and plow through the game to see it firsthand. You do have a wealth of options without ever having to try to get into the gameplay.

Oh, it's not like I will have trouble playing the game or anything, it's just I won't particularly enjoy playing it as much as I would a regular as MGS game. I also think playing the game and having the story unfold that way is much better than watching some dude on youtube talk like a moron throughout his playthrough.

#39 Posted by cmblasko (1137 posts) -

Raiden's "trying to sound tough" voice reminds me of Gob Bluth.

The game looks great. At first I was unsure of the entire premise but my fears have been quelled. To think that less than a year ago everyone was worried about this game even making it out of development - seems that Platinum games has done an exceptional job.

#40 Posted by csl316 (8188 posts) -

I want it. Metal Gear's great, Platinum's awesome. It can't be bad, it just can't.

#41 Posted by cosi83 (392 posts) -

I never doubted Kojima Game will be slick on ps3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.