Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A fast-paced action game co-developed by PlatinumGames and Kojima Productions. It follows ninja-cyborg Raiden's activities four years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

Metal Gear Rising Title Screen

• 61 results
    Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

If you're hungry for that juicy E3 drank, then take a look at this:

Yeah, it's not much, but it's cool looking.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

REVENGEANCE.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

@MooseyMcMan said:

REVENGEANCE.

IT'S REVENGE! BUT IT'S ALSO VENGEANCE!!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@CL60 said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

REVENGEANCE.

REVENGE WITH A VENGEANCE.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FilipHolm

@MooseyMcMan said:

@CL60 said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

REVENGEANCE.

Forgot how awesome and insanely funny that actually is... I might buy this game just for the title

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By llamaegg

WOOSH...WOOSH...WOOSH

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By time allen

dude i've been waiting so long to see the title screen. there's literally nothing else from this game that i've wanted to see other than the goddamn title screen.

thanks, konami. -_-

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I wonder what Konami is going to be doing for E3 this year.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Karl_Boss

WHY ARE WE ALL DOING THIS?

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By probablytuna

It utterly insane yet god damn awesome that Konami would just release the title screen for the game.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Dalai

Metal Gear Rising: Transfarrevengeance?

Infinityslimit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Infinityslimit

and so it begins...

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Dalai said:

Metal Gear Rising: Transfarrevengeance?

No, that's the PS Vita version. They haven't announced that yet.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nottle

@MooseyMcMan said:

@CL60 said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

REVENGEANCE.

REDUNDEACE

If someone can have revenge does that mean they can also have venge? Re implies it has been done before.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Nottle: I believe the word "revenge" has its roots in French, so I'm not sure that really applies.

EDIT: Never mind!

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By benspyda

@Nottle said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@CL60 said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

REVENGEANCE.

REDUNDEACE

If someone can have revenge does that mean they can also have venge? Re implies it has been done before.

You can I think, http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/venge

nginsmall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By nginsmall

LIGHTNING BOLT ACTION

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Deusx

NOPE

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By killacam

SOLD. seriously.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DharmaBum
    Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Strife777

Well that's a pretty good looking title screen. That's a good start...I guess?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mordukai

So is this game even considered canon give how they completely changed the plot?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By Deranged

Forgive my ignorance, but why is it now called Revengeance instead of Rising?

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Brendan

I don't give a fuck, Revengeance is the coolest/corniest/wait no coolest sounding word ever.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ch3burashka

When they showed that announcement trailer, I figured it'd be some kind of awesome dissection simulator. Now that Platinum is at the helm, it'll be a crazy GOW clone - polished and beautiful, but the initial feature of accurate cutting of dudes will most likely be sorely underused.

Honestly, I don't know what I expected. The tech looked amazing, but the gameplay could never live up to that video. Sure, it's fun cutting dudes into tiny pieces... and then those pieces into pieces, but I imagine that would be tiring quickly. I'll be satisfied with Revengeance, but I'll always have that "game that was" in my mind, which honestly is the best place for it.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By Ramone

What needs to happen is the word Revenge needs to come whooshing in from the left and Vengeance from the right, they collide, explode and then we have:

REVENGEANCE

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#27  Edited By psykhophear

Epic

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xyzygy

@mordukai said:

So is this game even considered canon give how they completely changed the plot?

How have they changed the plot? In order to accommodate Platinum and to give them freedom, Kojima shifted the timeline of the story to after MGS4. It used to be about how Raiden saved Sunny between MGS2 and 4, but now it's set after 4 so there is no plot to ruin because no one knows it yet.

@CH3BURASHKA said:

When they showed that announcement trailer, I figured it'd be some kind of awesome dissection simulator. Now that Platinum is at the helm, it'll be a crazy GOW clone - polished and beautiful, but the initial feature of accurate cutting of dudes will most likely be sorely underused.

Honestly, I don't know what I expected. The tech looked amazing, but the gameplay could never live up to that video. Sure, it's fun cutting dudes into tiny pieces... and then those pieces into pieces, but I imagine that would be tiring quickly. I'll be satisfied with Revengeance, but I'll always have that "game that was" in my mind, which honestly is the best place for it.

How can you say that this game will always be "the game that never was" when it isn't even released? Platinum seems to use the systems in their games to their full extent. I used the hell out of the bullet time in Vanquish (If you don't use it you die) and Witch Time was constantly used in Bayonetta. Well, at least in difficulties that allow it. So I have confidence that the slicing mechanic will have ample uses and be prominent like Vanquish and Bayonetta's respective systems.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mordukai

@xyzygy said:

@mordukai said:

How have they changed the plot? In order to accommodate Platinum and to give them freedom, Kojima shifted the timeline of the story to after MGS4. It used to be about how Raiden saved Sunny between MGS2 and 4, but now it's set after 4 so there is no plot to ruin because no one knows it yet.

So Raiden got back being cyborg Ninja? Kinda ruins the happy ending he got. Besides, The Patriots are gone and done by then so who is he working for? Just seems like it made more sense staying with the initial plot line for the game. I also remember reading somewhere that the plot wasn't considered canon anymore so that's why Koijima gave them the OK to change it.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By Phatmac

OH GOD WE'RE KONAMI WE NEED MONEY CAUSE WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE MONEY PLEASE BUY THIS GAME OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xyzygy

@mordukai said:

@xyzygy said:

@mordukai said:

So Raiden got back being cyborg Ninja? Kinda ruins the happy ending he got. Besides, The Patriots are gone and done by then so who is he working for? Just seems like it made more sense staying with the initial plot line for the game. I also remember reading somewhere that the plot wasn't considered canon anymore so that's why Koijima gave them the OK to change it.

Oh really? Last I heard it was canon but that was around the time when they announced they changed the chronology of the game. And Raiden can be re-built as a warrior, remember... he is made of entirely synthetic materials except for his spine, brain and bits of head. Who's to say he can't swap out his parts? At then end of MGS4 you can see the lines from where his different sections connect.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By pr1mus

@mordukai said:

@xyzygy said:

@mordukai said:

Raiden is now working for a watermelon cutting company, travelling the world to demonstrate how superior they are at cutting watermelon compared to the competition.

Hell with a title like Revengeance and platinum at the helm, i'm sure they would be able to use that plot with a straight face and make it happen. I'd buy that!

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mordukai

@xyzygy said:

@mordukai said:

@xyzygy said:

@mordukai said:

Oh really? Last I heard it was canon but that was around the time when they announced they changed the chronology of the game. And Raiden can be re-built as a warrior, remember... he is made of entirely synthetic materials except for his spine, brain and bits of head. Who's to say he can't swap out his parts? At then end of MGS4 you can see the lines from where his different sections connect.

I didn't mean it in a way that he can't be rebuilt but why would he want to considering he got his life back. Unless something happened to Rosemary and their child.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mordukai

@Pr1mus said:

@mordukai said:

@xyzygy said:

@mordukai said:

Raiden is now working for a watermelon cutting company, travelling the world to demonstrate how superior they are at cutting watermelon compared to the competition.

Hell with a title like Revengeance and platinum at the helm, i'm sure they would be able to use that plot with a straight face and make it happen. I'd buy that!

You forgot to add...For A Dollar!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By xyzygy

@mordukai: I hope they kill off Rose, what a whiny cunt she was. I don't know what Raiden sees in her. Maybe that's the reason for his revenge.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ducksworth

@Lebensbaum said:

That was beautiful.

On a slightly unrelated note, does anyone know of a good site that will be streaming text + (preferably) pic updates of the presentations? I have to be a responsible adult and pretend like I'm doing work.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nottle

@MooseyMcMan: @benspyda: Right now I'm taking a Medical terminology class, so deconstruction parts of words is on my mind.

If someone venges against me, I can have my revenge, but then could that also be vengeance, or is it too late fore that, and where does "avenge" come into play?

Tell me English majors.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By xyzygy

@Nottle said:

@MooseyMcMan: @benspyda: Right now I'm taking a Medical terminology class, so deconstruction parts of words is on my mind.

If someone venges against me, I can have my revenge, but then could that also be vengeance, or is it too late fore that, and where does "avenge" come into play?

Tell me English majors.

When the revenge is complete, you avenge those who have been affected by those who you are seeking revenge upon. Vengeance is more so a feeling of needing revenge, or a feeling of needing to avenge the victims.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mordukai

@xyzygy: Have you ever been in-love?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By xyzygy

@mordukai: I don't know. But I'm just kidding anyway. The fact that he loves her and something will probably happen to her is the most likely reason for his "revengeance".

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mordukai

@xyzygy said:

@mordukai: I don't know. But I'm just kidding anyway. The fact that he loves her and something will probably happen to her is the most likely reason for his "revengeance".

I bet that'll be the reason for the ReVengeance. What ever the fuck that mean. Japanese have always been eccentric when it came to English naming. Gotta love them for that.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Strife777

@xyzygy said:

@Nottle said:

Tell me English majors.

When the revenge is complete, you avenge those who have been affected by those who you are seeking revenge upon. Vengeance is more so a feeling of needing revenge.

Re-avengeanvising!!!!

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#43  Edited By Undeadpool

@MooseyMcMan said:

@CL60 said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

REVENGEANCE.

Revenge is BACK and this time...IT'S BROUGHT VENGEANCE!!!!

REVENGE 3: SON OF VENGEANCE!!

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nottle

@Strife777 said:

@xyzygy said:

@Nottle said:

Tell me English majors.

When the revenge is complete, you avenge those who have been affected by those who you are seeking revenge upon. Vengeance is more so a feeling of needing revenge.

Re-avengeanvising!!!!

Neon Genesis Re-Avengelion

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordukai said:

@xyzygy said:

@mordukai said:

Kinda ruins the happy ending he got.

Good. The entire ending of MGS4 is the worst in a long list of things that are terrible about that game.

Also...

I'M SUPER EXCITED FOR METAL GEAR RISING YOU GUYS

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Solh0und

@MooseyMcMan said:

REVENGEANCE.

Refriengeance....

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AlexanderSheen

NOTHING STOPS THE ENDU-

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#48  Edited By Hizang

Man, I was hoping for some "Press O"

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I really look forward to this game. I believe in Platinum.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mordukai

@Soapy86 said:

@mordukai said:

@xyzygy said:

@mordukai said:

Kinda ruins the happy ending he got.

Good. The entire ending of MGS4 is the worst in a long list of things that are terrible about that game.

I can think of only one reply to your comment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.