MGR: Revengeance on Xbox360 is cancelled in Japan

#1 Posted by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

According to Konami Japan's statement after translation:

"Due to various reasons, the launch of the Japanese version be made ​​only PlayStation 3. We have been looking forward to the launch in the Xbox360, to everyone of the persons concerned, and
sincerely apologize for the inconvenience"

Weird. As far as I know that the Xbox360 is selling well in Japan, why would they cancel it?

Info: The PS3 version will release in Japan

#2 Posted by BlackLagoon (1462 posts) -

@iGooner7 said:

Weird. As far as I know that the Xbox360 is selling well in Japan, why would they cancel it?

No, the 360 is doing terribly in Japan, it's frequently getting outsold by the PS2.

#3 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@iGooner7 said:

According to Konami Japan's statement after translation:

"Due to various reasons, the launch of the Japanese version be made ​​only PlayStation 3. We have been looking forward to the launch in the Xbox360, to everyone of the persons concerned, and
sincerely apologize for the inconvenience"

As far as I know that the Xbox360 is selling well in Japan, why would they cancel it?

trolololo

#4 Posted by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

@BlackLagoon: Indeed! i just saw the chart and it is terrible! Smart move from Kojima though

#5 Posted by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

They see me trollin', they hatin'.

#6 Edited by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

What's smart about it if they're porting it to the 360 over here? The translation is done, the engine work is done... I guess it's just not worth the cost in printing a small run of discs.

So make it digitally available?

#7 Posted by EVO (3942 posts) -

Makes sense. Surely everyone in Japan that owns an Xbox also owns a PS3.

#8 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

I guess it's a bummer for all those Japanese guys that own a 360 exclusively... 

All 6 of them.

#9 Posted by Phatmac (5730 posts) -

This is a true tragedy for the 2 people that own a 360 in Japan. My heart weeps for the both of you.

#10 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

To bad that they are going to be missing out on that action!!!!

#11 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11421 posts) -

It's probably for the best. I can't imagine there being many people in Japan who have a 360, don't have a PS3, and would want to play this game.

#12 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

The 360 has never sold well in Japan, save for minor boosts brought by the occasional exclusive targeted at the Japanese audience.

#13 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I wonder if Sony and Nintendo consoles are alot cheaper in Japan.

#14 Posted by Bocam (3833 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

I wonder if Sony and Nintendo consoles are alot cheaper in Japan.

Nope, they're more expensive.

#15 Posted by Fattony12000 (7588 posts) -

Just selling so well.

#16 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

@Hailinel: If Gal Gun was a 360 exclusive then I'm sure it'd be number 1.

#17 Posted by Hunkulese (2875 posts) -
@iGooner7 That doesn't say it was cancelled. It's says it's not ready for the launch date.
#18 Edited by zaglis (910 posts) -

...put it on Xbox digital store thing available for Japanese only.

Problem motherfucking solved?

#19 Posted by Turambar (6898 posts) -

@mscupcakes said:

@Hailinel: If Gal Gun was a 360 exclusive then I'm sure it'd be number 1.

If idolm@ster couldn't rescue the 360, nothing can.

#20 Posted by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

@Hunkulese: Did you even read the first line of the quote?

read it again:

Due to various reasons, the launch of the Japanese version be made ​​only PlayStation 3

Hmmmmmm

#21 Posted by Brodehouse (10140 posts) -

So the Japanese mostly only saw PS3 Bayonetta, with the tearing and bad frame rate? No wonder there's no word on Bayonetta 2.

#22 Posted by Undeadpool (5003 posts) -

Hope it doesn't wind up requiring a patch, or they'll just likely Silent Hill HD it.

#23 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@Undeadpool

Hope it doesn't wind up requiring a patch, or they'll just likely Silent Hill HD it.

Different developers. The Silent Hill HD producer turned out to be a clown.
#24 Posted by Hunkulese (2875 posts) -

@iGooner7 said:

@Hunkulese: Did you even read the first line of the quote?

read it again:

Due to various reasons, the launch of the Japanese version be made ​​only PlayStation 3

Hmmmmmm

Again they didn't say it was cancelled. All they say is that the PS3 version will be the only version available at launch. The 360 version could still come out a few months later.

#25 Posted by Hosstile17 (769 posts) -

Haters.

#26 Posted by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

@Hunkulese: Now it makes sense mate.

#27 Posted by Vextroid (1431 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

So the Japanese mostly only saw PS3 Bayonetta, with the tearing and bad frame rate? No wonder there's no word on Bayonetta 2.

WiiU Exclusive.

#28 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@Vextroid said:

@Brodehouse said:

WiiU Exclusive.

Which would also explain why there's been no word on it. Nintendo was sitting on it for a big reveal for who knows how long.

#29 Posted by xyzygy (10079 posts) -

Not surprised at all. The 360 is essentially dead in japan. Never really was alive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.