New Countdown....

#1 Posted by Legendary (136 posts) -

Yay, it's nice and shiny! Is the hype over for MGS now, or are we still semi-curious on what this is...

Something is happening soon I guess,  any speculation on what that '8' looking symbol is?

#2 Posted by PJ (1144 posts) -

Its MGS5 for the PS3.
BTW I totally called the Raiden action game for 360. Now that MGS5 for the PS3 comes true, i hit the jackpot

#3 Posted by Player1 (3868 posts) -
@PJ: So let me get this straight. These metal gear games are not the same? Kojima is making two at once? Incredible. 
#4 Posted by NintenDood (366 posts) -
Player1 said:
@PJ: So let me get this straight. These metal gear games are not the same? Kojima is making two at ... [more]
Maybe. but in that issue of Famitsu PS3+PSP, they show the Big Boss picture AND the Raiden picture, so I'm thinking Rising is headed to PS3 as well
#5 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -
NintenDood said:
Player1 said: @PJ: So let me get this straight. These metal gear games are not the same? Kojima is making ... [more]
There's also a PSP game confirmed via that Qore leak, which is what I would imagine the Big Boss thing is. There' no way Kojima productions is doing Rising, a PSP game, AND a PS3 game.
#6 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

2 Halos, 2 Metal Gears, 2 Rock Bands, 2 Guitar Heroes...

What's with all this dual wielding? Too much too soon.

#7 Posted by Player1 (3868 posts) -
Lies said:
NintenDood said: Player1 said: @PJ: So let me get this straight. These metal gear games are not the same? Kojima ... [more]
Yeah. Thats what I was implying. It would be impossible. So much manpower would be needed. 

So I guess microsoft lied when they said "everything from here on out will be exclusive"?
#8 Posted by Vendetta (434 posts) -

The Metal Gear games nearly kill Kojima to produce. He always talks about not making any more of them after he finishes each one. Do you think it's possible that he will have a major hand in each one if there are actually two separate games being developed?

#9 Posted by randiolo (1091 posts) -
@NintenDood: so mgs5 could still be ps3 exclusive?
#10 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

I doubt there is MGS5 coming this soon.
I'm guessing the Big Boss thing is either more Portable Ops, or the inevitable "special edition" for MGS4.  Hell, MGS2 and MGS3 each had a second version, I'm guessing this one will too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.