New Raiden?!

#1 Edited by ReaperOfLiving (491 posts) -

New Raiden?  This is off of Peace Walker I have been told. 
 

 New one


 Old one
 
EDIT:  I added the other one for comparing.
#2 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Yeah, they changed his eye color and slightly changed his skin color and stuff.

#3 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -

Cant believe they made that mistake with the eye colour to which Hideo responded that it was explained in the story, it wouldnt appear that way now. He could still be playing with us I guess

#4 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

Man, it just tells me these people are retarded.  This game used to be more serious in MGS, but then... damn.  A cyborg?  And they add a blue eye?  More wavy hair?  Seriously?  I fucking hate Japan.

#5 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -

This could be earlier in on the story and the earlier screenshot from later on but I dont know.....

#6 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@TheHBK: What exactly is the problem you have?
#7 Edited by xyzygy (10077 posts) -
@TheHBK said:

" Man, it just tells me these people are retarded.  This game used to be more serious in MGS, but then... damn.  A cyborg?  And they add a blue eye?  More wavy hair?  Seriously?  I fucking hate Japan. "

There was a cyborg in the original MGS. You lose. 
 
I heard rumors that it's actually Sunny (The brown eyed version).
#8 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -
@TheHBK said:
" Man, it just tells me these people are retarded.  This game used to be more serious in MGS, but then... damn.  A cyborg?  And they add a blue eye?  More wavy hair?  Seriously?  I fucking hate Japan. "
There was a cyborg in MGS and raiden had a blue eye in MGS2 and MGS4. Wavy hair will be wavy hair 
I dont see your point?
#9 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" @TheHBK said:

" Man, it just tells me these people are retarded.  This game used to be more serious in MGS, but then... damn.  A cyborg?  And they add a blue eye?  More wavy hair?  Seriously?  I fucking hate Japan. "

There was a cyborg in the original MGS. You lose.  I heard rumors that it's actually Sunny (The brown eyed version). "
Some bastshit theories even suggest that it was actually gray fox but in Raidens body or something stupid like that
#10 Edited by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

RoboCop?
 
@CL60 said:

" Yeah, they changed his eye color and slightly changed his skin color and stuff. "

How is this not a chick? 
#11 Edited by Cazamalos (983 posts) -

i don't like it,  the new hair looks cheap,  the skin tone makes him look more "alive", and  what about  the total  eye color change ? but yeah it may be a kojima's joke or  some weird plot thing and not just a makeover....

#12 Posted by ReaperOfLiving (491 posts) -

I updated the post.  A little late but I added the other picture.

#13 Posted by Phished0ne (2539 posts) -

I'm just glad they kept his eye-patch as a generic band of fabric and not a proper eye-patch... 
 
I dont see why people are complaining about the hair, it looks better to me the new way, more like real hair than the ultra-stiff-slick hair in the MGS3 design. 

#14 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -
@Pie said:
" @xyzygy said:
" @TheHBK said:

" Man, it just tells me these people are retarded.  This game used to be more serious in MGS, but then... damn.  A cyborg?  And they add a blue eye?  More wavy hair?  Seriously?  I fucking hate Japan. "

There was a cyborg in the original MGS. You lose.  I heard rumors that it's actually Sunny (The brown eyed version). "
Some bastshit theories even suggest that it was actually gray fox but in Raidens body or something stupid like that "
Thats my point, that there was already a cyborg in the first game.  When Olga was shown as the cyborg, or whatever she was in MGS2, even then I didn't give them a pass.  The whole bullcrap that the plant was a recreation of shadow moses.
 
@Diamond:
That I played MGS2, is probably where this all stems from.  Sorry, but I have hated MGS since then.  And hoping they might fix it.... too much to hope for.  Because playing the first MGS was an amazing experience.  And then, after teasing you with a badass goteed Solid Snake, you have to play as this dumbass.  And then they try to make him badass, but all they do is try to make him japanese badass.... not real badass like Solid Snake, before he got old that is.  So he has high heels, wavy hair, still cries like a bitch because he thinks he lost Rose... and made the stupid decision to get his body all replaced and shit in the first place.
#15 Posted by punkxblaze (2990 posts) -

I'm gonna simplify the hell out of this: The new one looks a lot more like a legitimate in game quality model. the less detailed hair, the flatter details everywhere else, etc.

#16 Posted by wfolse1 (456 posts) -

I really doubt that the brown eye was a mistake.  the first Raiden shown was Sunny....  i'm just saying.

#17 Posted by xyzygy (10077 posts) -
@TheHBK:   Have you played MGS4? If not, don't read the next paragraph. 
 
I think you're just talking about his personality. Snake gives off the aura that he is a badass but mostly by the things he says. I do agree that he does a lot of badass stuff though. Raiden may not have that same attitude, but by his actions he is much more of a badass. He can take down multiple metal gears in melee combat, swing them around by his legs. While on the rescue mission to save Sunny with Eva, he was killed and the only parts of him that could be salvaged were his spine and upper head. Everything else in his body is synthetic, yet even after all of that he still fights and still kicks ass. And he doesn't wear "high heels", those feet and armor are parts of his body that he cannot change. That armor is a part of him. The reason it looks like that is so he can hold his sword in his feet. I don't think Snake has the skill to fight with a sword held by his foot. Also, Raiden can stop a massive Arsenal Gear with his back. NOT ONLY THAT, when he lost both of his arms, he held off around a dozen armed FROGs by holding a sword by his teeth. 
 
I agree that he was a wuss in the 2nd game, but after you've seen him in the 4th there is no possible way you can deny what I'm saying. He is unstoppable.
#18 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -
@TheHBK said:
not real badass like Solid Snake, before he got old that is.  
Old snake had the baddest ass
#19 Posted by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -
@Pie said:
" @TheHBK said:
" Man, it just tells me these people are retarded.  This game used to be more serious in MGS, but then... damn.  A cyborg?  And they add a blue eye?  More wavy hair?  Seriously?  I fucking hate Japan. "
There was a cyborg in MGS and raiden had a blue eye in MGS2 and MGS4. Wavy hair will be wavy hair I dont see your point? "
Don't forget the Kyle Schneider from MG was made into a Cyborg in MG2 and you fought him.
#20 Posted by FLStyle (4916 posts) -

Until I see the official Kojima Productions source it came from I'll assume it's fake.

#21 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Old one is better, he looks less human and more dead. The eyes, hair and skin color are better in the previous one

#22 Posted by jvsexy (169 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" @TheHBK:   Have you played MGS4? If not, don't read the next paragraph.  I think you're just talking about his personality. Snake gives off the aura that he is a badass but mostly by the things he says. I do agree that he does a lot of badass stuff though. Raiden may not have that same attitude, but by his actions he is much more of a badass. He can take down multiple metal gears in melee combat, swing them around by his legs. While on the rescue mission to save Sunny with Eva, he was killed and the only parts of him that could be salvaged were his spine and upper head. Everything else in his body is synthetic, yet even after all of that he still fights and still kicks ass. And he doesn't wear "high heels", those feet and armor are parts of his body that he cannot change. That armor is a part of him. The reason it looks like that is so he can hold his sword in his feet. I don't think Snake has the skill to fight with a sword held by his foot. Also, Raiden can stop a massive Arsenal Gear with his back. NOT ONLY THAT, when he lost both of his arms, he held off around a dozen armed FROGs by holding a sword by his teeth.  I agree that he was a wuss in the 2nd game, but after you've seen him in the 4th there is no possible way you can deny what I'm saying. He is unstoppable. "
AGREED !!! The possibilities of RAIDEN are ENDLESS !!! Hes toooo powerful !! Have to think how the game will be designed so that simple soldiers will be given a fair chance ..... lol !!
#23 Posted by Urmean (599 posts) -
@Pie said:
"Some bastshit theories even suggest that it was actually gray fox but in Raidens body or something stupid like that "

DID YOU SAY
GREY FOX!?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.