"Sneak In"

#1 Posted by Lashe (1251 posts) -

Does this seem like a Raiden action to anyone, as Brad had predicted?

I'm not so sure. 'Sneak In' tagline might suggest a return to the series stealth gameplay, no?

I'm not sure it's a spin-offy as people might have anticipated. What are your thoughts?

#2 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Maybe, but they did change Tactical Espionage Action to Lightning Bolt Action. This makes me thing they are stepping up on the Action or Combat front.

#3 Posted by Volkodlak (115 posts) -

I'm definately expecting a DMC God of War style action game from this one.

#4 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

"Sneak In" was just a clever play off of the 360 slogan: "Jump In". I wouldn't read too much into it.

#5 Posted by Pie (7099 posts) -

It means sneak into there HQ and film some really grainy footage of it.

#6 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

A Raiden "Gaiden" if you will sounds pretty cool. I didn't really want to buy MGS4 again, so this is a good excuse. I am excited now :)

#7 Posted by MattyFTM (14385 posts) -

When I saw the name of the forum this is in, I read it as "Metal Gear Solid Racing". That would be mad crazy.

#8 Posted by caseylakes (293 posts) -

Ah yeah "Sneak In", "Jump In", clever...

#9 Posted by Milkman (16800 posts) -

It's obviously an action game. What the hell else would Raiden be doing?

#10 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2463 posts) -

Im guessing its ninja gaiden with raiden.

#11 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

Yep, I'm guessing it's gonna be a Shinobi, Ninja Gaiden type thing.

#12 Posted by Lashe (1251 posts) -
Lies said:
"Sneak In" was just a clever play off of the 360 slogan: "Jump In". I wouldn't read too much into ... [more]
Totally kicking myself now haha. Thanks for that one.
#13 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

DMC and God of War aren't the worst franchises they could be basing this game off of.  Look what it did for Wolverine!

#14 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

Oh I forgot about the Sneak In part.

Anyway I hate ninja Raiden. He's got to much xtreme baditude and seems like a massive sorry-you-all-hated-Raiden-but-I-fixed-that-by-making-him-a-ninja move. I liked the original Raiden better.
Also this game so reminds me of:

#15 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Nono, its just a new Metal Gear except the Xbox is getting Raiden and the PS3 is getting snake. Somewhere a few weeks later you'll be able to buy Snake or Raiden for your console of choice. Yes, Kojima told me all this when we were backstage.

#16 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

It may not even star Raiden and it's just another Kojima mindfuck. We simply don't know until we see it in action. And even then we can't be sure.

#17 Posted by Jimbo (9814 posts) -

"We looked into it and still don't think MGS4 will run well on a 360.  Here, play this choppy up sword game instead and be grateful."

#18 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

i expect it to play similar to the VR MISSIONs level where you got to play as Gray Fox. There was lots of stealth involved, but you could jump up really high, and slice the shit out of people, it was really badass. So you would use cover, sneak up on dudes, and then stab them. 

If the game plays similar to that, it will be fucking awesome. 

@Jimbo said:
" "We looked into it and still don't think MGS4 will run well on a 360.  Here, play this choppy up sword game instead and be grateful." "
lmao! XD
#19 Edited by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" It's obviously an action game. What the hell else would Raiden be doing? "
Exactly.  I'd expect it to be  hopefully a little more slow and tactical than stuff like DMC, but similar.

@Jimbo said:
" "We looked into it and still don't think MGS4 will run well on a 360.  Here, play this choppy up sword game instead and be grateful." "

PS3 and PC are getting the same "choppy up sword game" too...
#20 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
Kaz: "Just as planned! Heh heh..."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.