Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A fast-paced action game co-developed by PlatinumGames and Kojima Productions. It follows ninja-cyborg Raiden's activities four years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

So turns out this is not a one game "Series:

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Well it looks like Raiden is gonna have his own Metal gear solid series.  

This ways said by  Matsuyama...who was also asked " Why Raiden" In which he said " Cause his blade makes him the perfect actions hero"  

Sounds like a big move to jump onto the new motion controllers. 
    Source  

Well guys looks like we got lots more hard to understand stories. Long cutscense. And more Raiden! I know how everyone loves him. *Side note. I think this is a nice way to go. Get away from Snake and get another side to the story* 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

The fact that it's on 360 and PC too makes me think it's really not gonna be a motion control thing.

itsmadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By itsmadness

Of course, metal gear solid will never end. 

I'm kinda indifferent, since I'm still not sure how Rising is going to turn out. If it's awesome, sure, I'll totally take more.

ZeroRegistry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ZeroRegistry

I honestly wish they'd ditch the 'Solid' moniker, since the series is no longer about Snake.   

Beyond that minor annoyance, I'm not sure what to think.  I was impressed with the e3 footage, but I'm not too keen on either having to use Move or Kinect to play this game.   

Here's hoping they don't alienate the players who don't jump onto either platform (which I'm sure they won't).

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @ZeroRegistry said:

" I honestly wish they'd ditch the 'Solid' moniker, since the series is no longer about Snake.    Beyond that minor annoyance, I'm not sure what to think.  I was impressed with the e3 footage, but I'm not too keen on either having to use Move or Kinect to play this game.    Here's hoping they don't alienate the players who don't jump onto either platform (which I'm sure they won't). "

"Metal gear Grab Raiden's crotch" ? 
    ZeroRegistry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ZeroRegistry
    @The_Laughing_Man: Sign me up, motion controllers and everything. 
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By vidiot
    @ZeroRegistry said:
    " I honestly wish they'd ditch the 'Solid' moniker, since the series is no longer about Snake.  
    I agree, although the reasons for the "Solid" moniker is pretty muddled. 
    Believe it or not the series adopted "Solid" due to the series going into the third-dimension. Even though Snake adopts the code-name "Solid Snake", in MGS the solid moniker initially has nothing to do with this plot point.

Even though the series is now commonly known as "Metal Gear Solid", "Rising" looks like a complete departure from gameplay worthy enough to establish it's own series. (Which it is) So not only is it using "Solid" as an outdated technology subtitle, if one interprets the moniker for Snake, it's wrong too because it has nothing to do with Snake. There's no reason for the game to have the "Solid" moniker for multiple reasons.
    ZeroRegistry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZeroRegistry
    @vidiot: Yeah, that seems to make more sense than 'solid' being used solely to indicate Snakes own personal story.  I hadn't really given much thought as to why they had chosen to adopt that title, either way I do agree that it should be replaced with something different.  
    JohnKiller118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JohnKiller118
    @ZeroRegistry said:
    " I honestly wish they'd ditch the 'Solid' moniker, since the series is no longer about Snake. "
    The "Solid" moniker has nothing to do with just Solid Snake. It just sounds cool. 
    The only reason MGS1 wasn't called Metal Gear 3 was to avoid confusion and alienation to people who have never played the first two games.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel

If they're planning more games, I think we should all prepare for some crazy cliffhangers and unexplained events to make way for the inevitable sequels and prequels.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @JohnKiller118 said:
    " @ZeroRegistry said:
    " I honestly wish they'd ditch the 'Solid' moniker, since the series is no longer about Snake. "
    The "Solid" moniker has nothing to do with just Solid Snake. It just sounds cool. The only reason MGS1 wasn't called Metal Gear 3 was to avoid confusion and alienation to people who have never played the first two games. "
    It was called "Solid" because it was a polygonal game.
    JohnKiller118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JohnKiller118

I just don't think it's that big of a deal. It's purely brand recognition.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.