The European Special Edition

#1 Posted by Humanity (9286 posts) -

The Special Edition for this game available in Europe will feature a snazzy fully articulating Raiden action figure with replaceable swords and hands. Now I'm not usually one to go for collector editions stuff and certainly not a gigantic fan of Raiden but I gotta say, that figure sure looks nice. The downside is that it's going to cost a pretty penny, 99 EURO, and apart from the figure you apparently don't even get an artbook or anything as thats included in the pre-order part.

So it's pretty much a rip off, but... if you want to put a cool cyborg ninja right next to your zombie bust in a bikini then you couldn't ask for a better figure!

#2 Edited by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -

I don't know how much 99 Euro's is in Americano dollars but at least it isn't the $150 U.S. collectors edition. Now THAT'S a rip-off.

#3 Posted by Humanity (9286 posts) -

@awesomeusername: 99 Euro is $135 according to Google so sounds about right but that sword thing is kinda lame.

#4 Edited by Nilazz (613 posts) -

Yey! More crap to put on my shelf.

#5 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (320 posts) -

As much as I really really like that figure. I can't justify an extra £60 for it. Now if it was an extra £20 I would consider it, alas, that is not the case.

#6 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3337 posts) -

What a bummer. The MGS4 limited edition was pretty damn sweet I think. Really love the feel of that box.

#7 Posted by Humanity (9286 posts) -

Should be noted that the action figure will actually be sold separately later on by a toy retailer.

#8 Posted by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -

@humanity said:

@awesomeusername: 99 Euro is $135 according to Google so sounds about right but that sword thing is kinda lame.

That's way too much money for an action figure. Also, it's a plasma lamp but yeah, definitely not worth $150 either. It'll probably look cheap as hell to. These collector editions are WEAK.

#9 Edited by Reisz (1500 posts) -

@humanity said:

Should be noted that the action figure will actually be sold separately later on by a toy retailer.

This white variant is supposed to be an exclusive to the UK special edition and the Japan ultimate edition (or whatever they called it). There are two mass production variants though, an in-game coloured one and a Red limited repaint. As far as I know the White repaint is exclusive to the game bundles. Square Enix has manufactured these figures in limited quantities before, Comic Con exclusives and such so I wouldn't expect to see them for very long. The non-white figures can be easily preordered all over the place at the moment though.

#10 Posted by HeyImPhoenix (169 posts) -

Not worth the price really

#11 Posted by gundamwing45 (2 posts) -

I found a american unboxing here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-6qPYfnh5E

#12 Posted by TheHT (11300 posts) -

Looks cool, but that boxart is where it's at.

#13 Edited by Humanity (9286 posts) -

I found a american unboxing here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-6qPYfnh5E

Gotta admit..that lamp is pretty cool.

#14 Posted by firecracker22 (547 posts) -

Yep.

But man, I'd had purchased that European SE just for the Yoji Shinkawa box art alone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.