Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A fast-paced action game co-developed by PlatinumGames and Kojima Productions. It follows ninja-cyborg Raiden's activities four years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

Weird fps drops.

Freshynex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, my game runs at mostly 60 fps, but as soon as I attack or start ninja running, or just go into blade mode, my game goes down to like 25-30 fps for a few seconds, then goes back to 60 fps.

I've tried windowed mode, set everything to lowest, reinstalling drivers, but I just can't solve it and it's pretty annoying.

Specs:

AMD HD 6870 2GB

AMD Phenom II x4 965

4GB ram

Any ideas?

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I just keep reading problems with the AMD chipsets with this game.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Yeah I run AMD as well and the game can get a little stuttery at times. It's very inconsistent and not TOO common. But still noticable and annoying.

Freshynex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I managed to fix it by cleaning the motherboard's slot with air duster, so if you have the same problem, that might be worth a try.

kipperminge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kipperminge

You have to remember this is platinum games' first pc game. Its only really optimised for Intel and NVIDIA. AMD users have to brute force it by the looks of things.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got cold sweat when the "The way it's meant to be played - Nvidia" splash screen came up, after the initial hurdle everything's been fine though.

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

You have to remember this is platinum games' first pc game. Its only really optimised for Intel and NVIDIA. AMD users have to brute force it by the looks of things.

Had no problem running it at 60fps with everything turned to max with my i5-2400 / 7970.
    Allthough, the times that the framerate DID dip, it was because of me slashing dudes up ~100times or i had some background task taking up som CPU time.

I can however report that microstuttering was very obvious in this game, as someone mentioned above.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.