Happy Metal Gear Solid 2 Day!

Posted by AleeN634 (246 posts) -

The Hudson River 2 years ago...
For those of you forgot, Happy Metal Gear Solid 2 Day! Today (April 29th) marks the day that Raiden infiltrated the Big Shell and well... many a player's mind was blown! Oh Kojima you played us all...

From Wikipedia:
Raiden, supposedly operating under a reformed FOXHOUND two years after the Tanker Chapter on April 29, 2009. His orders are to rescue the hostages, including the US president, from the terrorist group Sons of Liberty, backed up by the rogue anti-terror training unit, Dead Cell.

Still one has some of the most memorable theme music in video game history:

#1 Posted by AleeN634 (246 posts) -

The Hudson River 2 years ago...
For those of you forgot, Happy Metal Gear Solid 2 Day! Today (April 29th) marks the day that Raiden infiltrated the Big Shell and well... many a player's mind was blown! Oh Kojima you played us all...

From Wikipedia:
Raiden, supposedly operating under a reformed FOXHOUND two years after the Tanker Chapter on April 29, 2009. His orders are to rescue the hostages, including the US president, from the terrorist group Sons of Liberty, backed up by the rogue anti-terror training unit, Dead Cell.

Still one has some of the most memorable theme music in video game history:

#2 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

SweeT!

#3 Posted by Weltal (2272 posts) -
dcpc10 said:
"Happy MGS2 Day! (ok well, now what?)"
Uh, this, of course.

#4 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

happy MGS 2 day peeps

#5 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -

So... Are we fucked by the Patriots yet?

#6 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
Weltal said:
"dcpc10 said:
"Happy MGS2 Day! (ok well, now what?)"
Uh, this, of course.

"
I have those!
#7 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Damn, I remember playing this on release day. And my reaction when I had to control Raiden and not Snake. Ahhh good times. Maybe I should pop it in and play it a bit today just for the hell of it.

#8 Posted by randiolo (1090 posts) -

happy birthday too youuuuuu

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.