Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 13, 2001

The follow-up to the 1998 blockbuster, Metal Gear Solid 2 blends tactical stealth and action. This sequel takes the action to an offshore oil cleanup facility seized by terrorists who are holding the President hostage. It helped sell the PS2, featuring advanced AI, physics and cover mechanics for its time, and one of the first postmodern narratives in gaming.

Solid Scanlon and Colonel Ryckert

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Edited By buzz_clik

During the first season of Metal Gear Scanlon I was inspired to make a Solid Scanlon image. I thought it was okay, but it didn't really properly capture the Yoji Shinkawa spirit that I was after. Now, with the current second season of Metal Gear Scanlon exceeding the first (in my mind, at least) I felt the creative urge bubbling up inside me again.

Of course, the second MGS game ups the ante on so many fronts, so I thought in having another stab at making a Metal Gear Scanlon image I'd better up my game as well. Here is the result. While I'll never be Yoji Shinkawa (and really, who could be?) I'm a lot more satisfied with this effort.

Man, I can't wait for the endgame of MGS 2 to blow Drew's mind into nanomachine-sized pieces.

No Caption Provided
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Hell yes, keep em coming.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Looks alright, but could use a second pass - the facial proportions are off.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

LOVE IT!

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

Consumed! Nicely done!

Man, I've been wanting to take a stab at his style since the series began but I just can't find the time. Also, there are a few of these floating around and they're all so damn good I feel like I wouldn't be adding anything to the pool at this point >,<

Maybe if MGS3 is great...

That wolf emblem is pretty....... SOLID!

Sorry.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By PimblyCharles

I really like both this and your Solid Scanlon image. You definitely captured the style of Yoji Shinkawa better in this than the previous art. That Solid Scanlon art is really fantastic though. That's probably my favorite of the two. It's awesome seeing so many duders doing Metal Gear Scanlon art. Good stuff buzz_clik!

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Ryckert looks kinda fat

I think he's supposed to. They both have features that mix both those of Drew and Dan, and the colonel and snake. That's a difficult trick. Love the style, man. Good work.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I really like the legs. Great sense of depth there!

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
    The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is fantastic, your approach is very subtle which I think is great. Well done!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.