the plot summary

#1 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

There is a minor error at the end.  It says that the entire incident was to create a soldier on par with snake.  Didn't it say at the end that the actual point of the experiment was to see how well they could control someone.

#2 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3092 posts) -

A lot was said at the end... But yes, the end conclusion was that the incident was one to test censorship the Patriots were going to unleash.

#3 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Didn't they state that the S3 plan was both the Sonic Snake Simulation to make a soldier on par with Snake and the Selection for Societal Sanity to see how well the Patriots could control and censor the world?

#4 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

I couldn't even tell ya, man. Wasn't the game a VR sim or some shit? I was completely lost.

#5 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3092 posts) -
TeflonBilly said:
"Didn't they state that the S3 plan was both the Sonic Snake Simulation to make a soldier on par with Snake and the Selection for Societal Sanity to see how well the Patriots could control and censor the world?"
That's what Ocelot was told. But the Patriots had a completely different plan from the beginning.
#6 Posted by MadMatr07 (200 posts) -

Yeah definitely a confusing ending. I actually picked up MGS4 last night and played through Act 1. Needless to say this morning I've been reading all of the plot summaries for MGS 1-3. I played and beat them all but I've forgotten a lot of the story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.