door frequency help?

#1 Posted by AjayRaz (12431 posts) -

this is for Metal Gear Solid 3. the forum bug is preventing me from attaching it to that page :\   

i'm in the east wing (or something) of Groznyj Grad right now and i have to take out the general dude to steal his clothes. when i approached a door EVA called me and said that i need to ask somebody for the frequency. i thought this meant that i had to interrogate somebody.  

so i did, and the frequency he gave me lead me to some kickass frequency that played mellow music and restored my stamina. alright, cool i suppose, but why didn't the door open?  

after that i interrogated 2-3 more people and the frequencies they gave me didn't do anything (i got NO RESPONSE).  

i tried knocking on the doors and asking more people but i'm not getting anywhere. what am i missing here? it's metal gear solid so it's probably something that i would never think of, but it would be nice to get some help.  

thank you! 

#2 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Capture a guard.  
Hold the knife to him to get the information by pressing L3 as you normally do, then he will give it to you 
 Call that while standing in front of door to open it. You should hear a click.     

For easy help: 

#3 Posted by AjayRaz (12431 posts) -
@ZeForgotten said:
" Capture a guard.  
Hold the knife to him to get the information by pressing L3 as you normally do, then he will give it to you 
 Call that while standing in front of door to open it. You should hear a click.     

For easy help: 
"
i did that and nothing worked :\  

although i'll try it again cause i might of did something wrong. i just found raikov's body and that's what i was looking for the whole time. now i have to take him to the locker room (which i suppose is the room i need the frequency for). i'll use the frequency you gave me. 

thanks! 
#4 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@AjayRaz: I hope it works.  
I actually feel like playing through it again now. 

And skip the sniper fight all together by shooting that old fart the first time you see him in his wheelchair  
I know, spoilers, but you're already past him :P 

You're in water, he gets rolled out, after the Cutscene he gets rolled back into some warehouse-ish thingy and you snipe him. 
He goes "The Eeend" I think and he blows up, the wheel from his wheelchair flies into your face, and you don't have to fight him ever. 

So easy =D
#5 Edited by ZanzibarBreeze (3071 posts) -
@AjayRaz:  Do you still need help? If so, I need to know what difficultly you're playing on, because on easier settings you can get Raikov (or whatever his name is) when he's walking around outside so you shouldn't need to unlock doors if you're playing on medium or below.
#6 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -

I need to play that again, probably my favorite game ever

#7 Posted by Steve_C (1751 posts) -

Once you're dressed up as raikov those doors open automatically i think, and aside from getting the scorpion they contain nothing significant.

Just wear the scientist uniform and wait upstairs by the locker room. When he comes up just use the fake cigarettes to knock him out.

#8 Posted by AjayRaz (12431 posts) -
@Steve_C: @ZanzibarBreeze: @organicalistic_: thanks, but i'm at the final boss (i think?) so i'm way past that :P 
#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19355 posts) -
@AjayRaz: Who?
#10 Posted by AjayRaz (12431 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @AjayRaz: Who? "
volgin. i have to fight him on some platform and he's shooting electric stuff at me 
#11 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19355 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @AjayRaz: Who? "
volgin. i have to fight him on some platform and he's shooting electric stuff at me  "
Then no.  He's not the final boss.  Thankfully, the real final battle is much cooler than that one.
#12 Posted by Steve_C (1751 posts) -

I found the shotgun pretty good on that fight. I remember running around him and firing it straight into his back. Also you can use CQC to throw him to the ground, followed by shotgun. You can also use the revolver to ricochet bullets and hit him from behind.

#13 Posted by Shirogane (3578 posts) -

Uh huh, i like how you're calling him the final boss =D 

No real tricks or tips here i can specifically remember, just go at it and you'll figure it out eventually.
#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19355 posts) -

The trick is to shoot Ocelot in the face.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.