Anyone get the collectors edition?

#1 Posted by mattside734 (48 posts) -

I dident but i was wondering if there way any cool videos that came with it, i saw that it was on a blu ray which sounds cool.

#2 Posted by Mittt (48 posts) -

I got it. It's like most special editions. If you are a huge fan then it is definitely worth it if not then no. There aren't any cool extra deleted cutscenes if that's what you mean. The Hideo interviews are cool though.

#3 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1210 posts) -

It's got all of those weird TV channels from the beginning of the game on the bonus disc. I liked those a lot and I thought it was a nice feature.

There's not really any new content aside from the 'making-of', though.

#4 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I picked it up, but still haven't watched the Blu ray (or checked out the soundtrack). I may check it out at some point, but I did recently get rid of the game... lol. Sorry, but I was pretty disappointed with how the game turned out. At least after Acts 1/2.

#5 Posted by TheWesman (378 posts) -

Special Edition for HUGE fans....like me.  But not worth it if you're gonna play through it and trade it in/sell it.  The box is kinda neat though, and it always stays cold...anyone else notice that?  :/

#6 Posted by Naughtydogmania (44 posts) -

i got it... but in europe its called limited edition lol
Haven't watched the extras yet... only because I'm waiting for my brothers to finish the game lol

#7 Posted by killer_meatballs (483 posts) -

I have it, bought two actually.   Plan on selling the unopened one eventually. 

#8 Posted by upside27 (14 posts) -

I got one. I just like the soundtrack cd even though the interviews were ok

#9 Posted by normajean777 (450 posts) -

i got it the soundtrack is great and the movie was cool but yeah its def. for fans

#10 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -

I got it, if only for the box art of the package. The MG series artwork is awesome, and I wanted that on my shelf. I did enjoy all of the videos, but I usually don't watch that kind of stuff.

#11 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -

I wonder if the limited copies are still around...

#12 Posted by Soap (3642 posts) -

I got a limited cover and a standard cover (long story)

My friend actually queued up and got a limited edition signed copy, handed over by Hideo Kojima himself, I wanted to go so badly but I had work and couldn't drop out >_>

#13 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I got the collector's edition and I still haven't watched the videos on there. I have put the soundtrack on my Mac to listen to... Although it only comes with 16 tracks out of the whole OST, so I'm going to be buying the OST eventually.

#14 Edited by suneku (2997 posts) -

I really really really wanted to get this, I saw some at my local gamestop and contemplated on selling my regular copy that I got from the bundle to get it. But meh I ended up not doing it, I watched the documentary on youtube anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.