Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

dispelling myths to why mgs4 will stay exclusive

• 57 results
    mxdirector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mxdirector

theres alot of misunderstanding in regards to mgs4 and its exclusivity.

1- there are parts in mgs4 that mock the xbox!
    no, there are parts in mgs4 that take the piss out of mgs1 on the ps1.
    the otacon part where he says "we dont need to change discs any more we are on the ps3" is aimed at mgs1, and could easily be edited.
    look at mgs1 and the twin snakes on the game cube, things were changed for each console

2- mgs2 sold badly on the xbox!
    yes it did, but so did all japanese games last gen.
    the fact is the the ps3 and xbox are pretty much the exact same console. there is no ps audience and a xbox audience any more. they are targeting the same exact people.
    its not like previous generations, where each console had its own market.

3- mgs3 wasnt on the xbox!
    neither was re4, dmc1,2,3, but that hasnt stopped the sequels appearing on the console and doing rather well.
    also, alot of mgs4 players havnt played previous titles of mgs.

4-mgs4 is to big!
    on the ps3 mgs4 reaches 30gb
    http://i32.tinypic.com/2b1574.jpg
    alot of people appear to be under the impression that its too big for the xbox (even after compression) so lets put it in to perspective by comparing each element of mgs4 to other games.
    GAME ENGINE- firstly there is nothing special about mgs4 from a technical level  there is very little new in its engine, kojima said this himself. so no reason to think the engine is any bigger then any game on the xbox
    GRAPHICS visually mgs4's graphics are great, but nothing head over heels beyond anything on the xbox has done. also graphics have nothing to do with disc space. you could have 50tbs of space and the size of the textures and models the game has to work with will still be limited by the ram. the xbox and the ps3 have the same size ram
    LENGHT OF THE GAME- the size of the game is again nothing impressive. its no bigger then gears of war, it might be a longer game then gears of war, but thats because gears is a fast paced shooter where you run through the levels, unlike mgs4, where you sneak through them.
    CUTSCENES- there are 8 hours of cutscenes in mgs4, sadly all of these are ingame (with the exception of some hd video). and from a memory level they are exactly the same as the animations used in past mgs games, simply applied to nicer and prettier models.
    AUDIO- the audio in mgs4 is the one shining gem. if a port happened the audio would suffer a quality reduction. sadly i have not ever heard one person praise the audio of mgs4, because the common man can not tell the difference between a mp3 file and a uncompressed high end audio file.

so no, mgs4 could easily be put on one disc, with a reduction in the audio quality.

5- there are apple and sony products in mgs4!
    yes there are sony products in mgs4. which would easily be changed, its one days work for a 3d modeler to do that.
    and yes there are apple products in mgs4. but so what? clearly people who use this argument have no understanding of business andthe history microsoft and apple have.
    steve jobs and bill gates are friends, microsoft was the leading invester in apple for a long long time. microsoft made the biggest order for macs when developing the xbox360, infact all the first xbox360 games where made on macs.

6- kojima said so
    when? in the last week, or was it a year ago?
    yes kojima said it was exculsive, but so was tekken and dmc4.
    kojima has said he is tired of being asked about a 360 port.
    there are two possibilties in front of us
    A- kojima is not making a 360 port, in which case he would be annoyed by the questions
    B- kojima IS making a 360 port, in which case he would not be allowed to mention it until its unveiling.

7- the xbox isnt powerful enough
    look at gears, and re5. graphically its poweful enough. also if you have any understanding of what goes in to these machines, you would know that they are basically the same machine. theres little advantage one has over the other.
    if you want to believe all the pr nonsense that both companies have put out then fine. but half of that stuff is never true.
    and before you mention killzone, let me ask you a question, out of all the big graphic power house ps3 games, do any of them offer offline co op?

to conclude, there is no logical reason that mgs4 wont come to the xbox 360.
    if you have any counter points, please post them.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OmegaPirate

I fail to believe the logic of someone that creates the same thread multiple times!

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo

Oh god. Not this again.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By BoG

This is an old argument, one pushed on us by Xbox fanboys who can't accept that MGS4 will probably never be on their console. I also think it's worth noting, while your efforts are commendable, your arguments lack structure and cohesion. It's really hard to decipher that jumble of words to form a valid argument.

Oh, as for that co-op comment at the end, have you played any games splitscreen co-op? Left 4 Dead looks like a Nintedo 64 game in splitscreen. Also every game limits you to two players, not four like the old days. It's a dying trend, no console is powerful enough to handle that anymore.
    thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By thiago

No Caption Provided

cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cc23574

If you want to play MGS4, buy a PS3

mxdirector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mxdirector
    BoG said:
    "This is an old argument, one pushed on us by Xbox fanboys who can't accept that MGS4 will probably never be on their console. I also think it's worth noting, while your efforts are commendable, your arguments lack structure and cohesion. It's really hard to decipher that jumble of words to form a valid argument.
    Oh, as for that co-op comment at the end, have you played any games splitscreen co-op? Left 4 Dead looks like a Nintedo 64 game in splitscreen. Also every game limits you to two players, not four like the old days. It's a dying trend, no console is powerful enough to handle that anymore.
    "

mxdirector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mxdirector

well firstly im not a xbox fanboy, i dont actually own one, all i play is tf2 on steam. so if i am a fanboy im a tf2 fanboy, and a mac fanboy, hence my knowledge about apple.

agreed, i am not good at  arguments regardless of their content, or the truth in them, its something i need to work on.

as for the comments that they are "old" then why do they keep creeping up, why does no one appear to understand that mgs4 would have little problems fitting on 1 or 2 dvds? why do people believe that the mention of apple products mean it will never appear on a Microsoft console?

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Plasma

E3, its gonna happen, you know it, I know it.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By kashif1

its been a year now since it came out so i've stopped caring, besides mgs4 wont do well on the xbox, most of the people who want it there simply want it so that the ps3 has one less exclusive.

mxdirector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mxdirector
    @kashif1: 
    most people?
    i really doubt that, not that many people really go on gaming forums. dont let fanboys represent a whole community.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By toowalrus
    kashif1 said:
    its been a year now since it came out so i've stopped caring, besides mgs4 wont do well on the ... [more]
    No... Most people who want it there want to play it for less than $500.
    Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Arjuna

These arguments are extremely flawed.  First of all, no citation is used, and nothing is offered in the way of credentials.  Where do you get these facts?  Especially the technical ones.  You can't say that the PS3 and 360 are the same and offer nothing in the way of reasoning.  I could go on, but I will simply refute through one statement:  The blu-ray disc(PS3) is vastly superior to the 360(DVD).

..."because of the shorter wavelength (405 nanometres), substantially more data (almost 6 times more) can be stored on a Blu-ray Disc than on a standard DVD." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc

MGS4 will never come to the 360.  That is, not in the near-perfect, single disc, form in which it was presented on the PS3.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JJOR64

If you want MGS4 so bad, just buy a fucking PS3.

mxdirector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mxdirector
    Arjuna said:
    These arguments are extremely flawed. First of all, no citation is used, and nothing is offered in the way of ... [more]
    can you tell me what claims i make which need credentials?
    and yes, i did post a screen shot of the true size of mgs4.
    also if you havnt worked out the consoles are basically equal, then that says more about you then it does about my presentation of evidence. there are tonnes of sources claiming the ps3 and xbox are equal, google is your friend
    http://www.ps3news.com/General_Off-Topic/former-ibm-architect-ps3-and-xbox-360-power-is-fairly-equal/

and as for your source, blu ray is bigger. yes we all know that whats your point?

blu ray Is vastly superior to the 360, but its not needed. you havnt refuted any of my claims. unlike you i am open minded and would like to learn knew things, so please prove my points wrong.

"MGS4 will never come to the 360.  That is, not in the near-perfect, single disc, form in which it was presented on the PS3."
    what do you mean by "near perfect"?
    no one cares if the xbox version comes on more then one disc. besides its not like the ps3 version was in a near perfect single disc form, because it had installs at each act. which you had to re install every time you wanted to re play them.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Drebin_893

You can't write, it just comes across as a jumble of uncapitalized words. You do not make any citations. You make a poor argument.

mxdirector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mxdirector
    Drebin_893 said:
    You can't write, it just comes across as a jumble of uncapitalized words. You do not make any citations. You ... [more]
    look at your name.  my arguments are solid, you just got fanboy goggles on.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By tebbit

"GRAPHICS visually mgs4's graphics are great, but nothing head over heels beyond anything on the xbox has done."

Hmm, I think a few people would argue about that point.
    Also
    "the common man can not tell the difference between a mp3 file and a uncompressed high end audio file."

Maybe they can't pick out the intricacies, but any old shmo can tell when something sounds awesome. And i've heard countless reviewers praise the game's sound!
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Drebin_893
    mxdirector said:
    Drebin_893 said: You can't write, it just comes across as a jumble of uncapitalized words. You do not make any ... [more]

Best comeback you could think of? To be honest I've explained this before (Although you're relatively new, so I wouldn't expect you to have read anything I've written), I have completed MGS4 thirteen times, so I don't care what console it comes out on. 

I'm saying that you're writing is comparable to that of a nine year-old. Capitals go at the beginning of a sentence. You wrote your entire post in a condescending tone, with no citations whatsoever. I dare say you are in no position to make rash assumptions.
    mxdirector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mxdirector
    Drebin_893 said:
    mxdirector said: Drebin_893 said: You can't write, it just comes across as a jumble of uncapitalized words. You do not ... [more]
    in regards to my grammar. its the internet, its hardly a place of grammarical beauty. do you disregard all posts that dont start with capital letters? if the theory of evolution was written with out capital letters, would you disregard it?
    no i am not the best at english, im curious if the thought crossed your mind that i might have a reason to not being that good at english.
    i cant present arguments well, that is true, but does that take away from the validaty of my statments?

about your previous posts you have made, please link me if they counter my points.

in regards to the  "no citations". what citations do i need. the fact is that alot of the infromation i presented is (what i thought of as) common knowledge.

lets look at the points (i did actually change the order of the points in the origianl posts) and see which ones need references. i hope my lack of capital letters dont put you off.

1- no reference needed, or exists. its subject to interprtation. although logicaly it references mgs1
    2- the sales figures of dead rising, re5, dmc4, and all japnaese games show that the xbox is open to japanese games, unlike the orginal xbox. the most notable is ninja gaiden 1 and 2.
    ng1 on the xbox     http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=1654&region=All
    ng2 on the 360     http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=7709&region=All
    its common knowledge that the 360 can sell japanese games unlike the original xbox. and would any one debate that idea to the point that i actually need references?
    3-  i dont think i need to quote that re4 and dmc 1,2 and 3 were not on the xbox360.
    4-  the mgs4 is to big argument, is based solely around logic. we can look at what mgs4 has and compare that to things on the xbox, and logical conclude that mgs4 is not to big.
    5- http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/microsoft-ships-first-xbox-2-development-kits-using-apple-g5-hardware
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Z7eal4uXI
    6- are you asking me to prove that dmc4 and tekken 6 were once going to be exculsive?

and finally

7- yes they are equal in power.
    http://www.ps3news.com/General_Off-Topic/former-ibm-architect-ps3-and-xbox-360-power-is-fairly-equal/
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PureRok
    mxdirector said:
    Drebin_893 said: mxdirector said: Drebin_893 said: You can't write, it just comes across as a jumble of uncapitalized words. You ... [more]
    I do, actually. I believe (on a forum especially) if you can't take the time to properly type what you want to say then what you want to say doesn't deserve to be listened to, even if I may agree with what you're saying.

I know, I'm a douche. I just don't respect people who don't at least follow simple capitalization rules.
    Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Arjuna
    It turns me off when people don't use proper grammar.  'This is the internet' is not an excuse.  It doesn't lend itself to a pleasant read if it isn't clear when one sentence ends and another begins; when it doesn't conform to the elementary standards of good English.  Another good writing habit is to edit yourself into short, concise statements.  Not enormous, run-on essays with bullet point presentations.

Here's the only place people need to go:  Giantbomb's "snakecast", and Brad's review.  Brad says, "nothing could have prepared me for how good it looks".  I imagine, based on his review, that Brad regards this game as "near perfect".  In the Snakecast, I recall a joke being said among them.  I'm paraphrasing, but they poked fun at the "change discs" part of the game, and how it would be funny if it came to the Xbox and you actually would have to change discs.

I am totally a MGS fanboy!  Proud of it!  The thread has MGS in the title.  Most assuredly MGS fanboys are the people who will get sucked into this dribble.  This thread was made by someone very anti-MGS.  He seems very passionate about his hatred for MGS4.

I'm not going to get lured into a flame war here, but when you say that, "...if you havnt worked out the consoles are basically equal, then that says more about you", I think you were making some kind of veiled attack at me, hehe.  Something's wrong with me because I think the PS3 and 360 have differing hardware capabilities?  Well, excuse moi!  Yeah, I know PS3 to be more powerful than the 360, and so will most everyone who enters this particular Metal Gear Solid thread.

MGS4 is not coming to the 360.  If it does, then it ain't gonna be pretty, hehe.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By keyhunter
    kashif1 said:
    its been a year now since it came out so i've stopped caring, besides mgs4 wont do well on the ... [more]
    No dude.
    The XBOX 360. It's got the most games, the best online support and came out 2 years before the PS 3. Of course I'm going to buy it and not a PS3, like every other console Generation: I skip the shitty expensive console with no games and buy it for 25 dollars at a pawn shop the next console generation. That's how I catch up on all the console specific exclusives. So Konami can either release it for the 360 right now and all the  people who bought a 360 can pay them money for it, or I can buy it used at a gamespot for 12 bucks in a couple years after I get a sticky brown less than 75 dollar PS3 at a pawn shop. MGS is a good franchise, and I'm guessing that most of the people with a 360 are old enough to have had a PSX and bought or rented MGS 1.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CL60
    Arjuna said:
    It turns me off when people don't use proper grammar. 'This is the internet' is not an excuse. It doesn't ... [more]
    That would be simple to change, and to be honest, I would find it better to switch disks rather than wait a few minutes for an install to complete. I have already beaten the game on PS3 but the game is entirely possible on the 360, and if somebody says otherwise they are a blinded PS3 fanboy.
    mcfly30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mcfly30

If they removed 8 hours of cutscenes and replace it with gameplay I'd buy MGS4 on 360.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Systech

The Xbox 360 has a larger user base than the PS3. You are poorly informed and your logic is questionable.

mxdirector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mxdirector
    Arjuna said:
    It turns me off when people don't use proper grammar. 'This is the internet' is not an excuse. It doesn't ... [more]

im going to drop this topic now. i dont think it can go any where for for several reasons, which i wont go in to. but reading your post i did actually learn something. "It doesn't lend itself to a pleasant read ....". that sentence stood out, because reading some posts it is "pleasant" so to speak. but then i looked at the actual content of your post. i dont mean to insult, but there is no content. your post could be summed up with
    -a paragraph about writing, which was interesting
    -mgs4 looks great because this guy said so
    -you hate mgs4,  i actually dont know where you got that from? i dont think i said anything negative abotu mgs4.
    -"Yeah, I know PS3 to be more powerful than the 360"

my response to your post would have been something like "These arguments are extremely flawed.  First of all, no citation is used, and nothing is offered in the way of credentials.  Where do you get these facts?  Especially the technical ones."

if you didnt figure it out, that was actually a quote from a previous post you made.

my point is that no matter how badly i present myself, my arguments are logical and based on facts. your post is the complete opposite of mine, presented well, but the arguments are simply flat out weak.
    im not insulting you, i am actually showing you some admiration, something i would certainly not show to "purerok".

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ket87

I've had MGS4 for nearly a year, the only reason I would want it ever to go to 360 at this stage is for Xbox Live regulations to clean up the mess that is MGO and turn it into a playable game for casual folk. Not that it can't be done disc space is the only "valid" argument against not being technically possible to port the game, and it's bull shit regardless because MGS4 as well as most PS3 games use uncompressed data due to the disc space of Blu-Rays and the ridiculously slow speed of the BD drive on the PS3. Games are not getting bigger because they are on PS3 or Blu-Ray its just old ways didn't have to be used for putting such games on their medium.

The only reason it shouldn't go to 360 now is because its too late, anyone who is hardcore about MGS has already got a PS3. The game would not sell anything like it originally did. This is precisely why MGS2 failed on Xbox which is yet another bull shit reason for saying it shouldn't be ported that people leave out facts for. MGS2 should have released on both consoles at the same time and they would have done fine, Konami waited a year to release it onto the Xbox by that time everyone and their brother had a PS2 and already had MGS2 for a year thats why MGS2 failed on Xbox not because of it being on Xbox. This time around its been a year since MGS4 and while not everyone has a PS3 anyone who was serious about wanting MGS4 has it. It won't sell that well. Yet again had Kojima not been trying to hold onto the past and refused to admit multiplats are the norm this gen for high profile titles not the exception MGS4 would have probably made stacks of cash like GTAIV and CoD4.

Personally I hope the announcement is for a Directors Cut rerelease of 4(probably titled Existance as Konami recently filed for a trademark), if its for both hooray I'll still get it for PS3 probably unless a lot of my 360 friends get it for MGO. MGO could have been so much more had it been integrated into PSN and Konami screwed that up I'd love for them to have a second chance, even if it meant on Xbox Live.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By thiago
    Ket87 said:
    I've had MGS4 for nearly a year, the only reason I would want it ever to go to 360 at ... [more]
    If the speed from BD is "slow" then why would they store "uncompressed" data there? Uncompressed means that more data needs to be streamed. What you are talking about makes no sense.

No, the uncompressed data is the 7.1 sound data, and that's because compression would mean less quality. So, yes, if the game is played on the 360 then it will be downgraded.
    mxdirector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mxdirector
    thiago said:
    Ket87 said: I've had MGS4 for nearly a year, the only reason I would want it ever to go to ... [more]
    only in the audio aspect.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BBQBram
    Plasma said:
    E3, its gonna happen, you know it, I know it.
    Let's hope so!
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By StarFoxA

Wow, using incorrect punctuation and grammar really makes you sound smarter.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mordukai
    keyhunter said:
    kashif1 said: its been a year now since it came out so i've stopped caring, besides mgs4 wont do well ... [more]
    Actually the ps3 came out almost a year after the 360, well 11 months and 11 days to be exact. and your points can be directed at the 360 too. In Japan Retailers started having discounts on the system within the first week it came out no one wanted to touch it there and Microsoft are still having difficulties in that market. But my points will probably go right over your head as you are a 360 fanboy and fanboys tend to pick the information that serves them best. Ignorance is bliss as they say, right?! 
    Also I am safe to assume from your post that you do not own a ps3 and if thats true then you have no right to have criticism on it. and also gathering from your post did you skip buying an xbox last gen? I mean is cost the same as a ps2 when the xbox launched but it had shitty game support the only saving grace for the original xbox was Halo. 
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LiquidPrince

There was so many things wrong about your post... I can't even... Oh man.

I'm not saying it CAN'T come. But it seems unlikely. Also, if you can't tell the difference between a MP3 and a lossless surround track, you might need hearing aids.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MysteriousBob

I ignore all information that appears to have been written by a five year old.

I don't have a PS3, but I've managed to complete MGS4 on a friends machine in a single weekend. I don't know why everyone is moaning, its far from the best game on Earth and arguably the worst in the series. I sure as hell don't miss the opportunity to own it.

It won't be coming to 360 because its the only game that actually needs all the capacity of a blu ray disk. Thats all. The graphics aren't so radically advanced that they can't be scaled down, you're a fool if you think the graphics argument holds up.
    Epic1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Epic1990

I really don't want to watch MGS4, regardless of what console it's on.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By keyhunter
    mordukai said:
    keyhunter said: kashif1 said: its been a year now since it came out so i've stopped caring, besides mgs4 wont ... [more]
    Okay Mr. Scientist. I'm not the type of person to wait an extra year and 11 days to buy a console with similar hardware specifications, and 3 game generations of sub par 360 ports and pretty terrible exclusives. There is literally only one game on the PS3 that I might want to play, and it really isn't worth buying one. Remember the Sega Saturn? This is basically the same situation. It's the same as a PSX except it has superior 2D sprite capabilities a slicker looking interface, and not ONE but TWO processors! Too bad it came out later than the PSX and no one wanted to put effort into making shitty ports on their stupid console with two processors.
    The reason I bought a first gen XBOX is obviously because it's almost 4 times as powerful as the PS2. That's a significant upgrade. As a dominantly PC gamer, the lack of online support on the PS2 felt pretty boken since the dreamcast had been doing it years before, and doing a good job of it. Once again, a significant upgrade.

Also, Japanese 360 sales can eat a dick. We all know they bought a PS3 because they thought it was going to have 500 low budget atlus RPG's get released for it every week. Unfortunately for them that didn't happen, and the only Japanese market next gen console games I can think of haven't come out yet because they are Final Fantasy.

Also, I don't see what your post has to do with anything. But I replied anyways because I am COOL.

Regardless, used MGS 4 and a used PS3 doesn't support industry growth. A brand new copy of MGS 4 on the 360 without 16 localizations and some compression thrown in maybe two disks does, and I would be willing to pay Konami, the people who brought us such XBOX 360 exclusives as Dance dance revolution universe. I'm sure many people agree. Timed exclusives make sense, sure. Konami gets hella paid, and eventually everyone gets to play it and they make twice as much money. They already made it, why not potentially get 13 million more sales? Anyone who wouldn't is crazy I think.

bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bjorno

I'll just download a screenrip of all the cutscenes from MGS4 off of demonoid or some shit and watch it for free (on my xbox which has divx support).
    PROBLEM SOLVED

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mordukai
    keyhunter said:
    mordukai said: keyhunter said: kashif1 said: its been a year now since it came out so i've stopped caring, besides ... [more]
    Ok fanboy. you want to limit your self, fine by me mate, be a sheep. I just love fanboys spewing information with little or no actual research behind it.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BBQBram
    LiquidPrince said:
    There was so many things wrong about your post... I can't even... Oh man.I'm not saying it CAN'T come. But ... [more]
    Very true, low bitrates hurt my ears. I can't imagine a polished big-budget game like MGS compressing it's audio to an awful degree just to fit on a single disc. Compromise isn't exaxctly Hideo's thing.
    lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By lord_canti

im tired of this argument  really but sadly its going to happen ¬_¬  why do xbox people care so much we have an exclusive big f***ing woop i want to  play gears but i cant because its on xbox you want to play metal gear tough because its on playstation ive grown to axcept that i cant play gears 2  among other  xbox games. and as for the its comeing at e3 argument  it would be depressing if the best that Xbox can do  for a announcement is a  year old ps3 game

mxdirector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mxdirector
    LiquidPrince said:
    There was so many things wrong about your post... I can't even... Oh man.I'm not saying it CAN'T come. But ... [more]
    so many things wrong? such as? the only arguments i have heard so far is from grammar elitist twats.
    so tell me all the things wrong with my points.

as for your audio comment, ill only say this. no one has complained about the audio on any 360 title (which uses lower quality audio). and very few people complain about the low qualty audio on itunes.
    bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bjorno

That's because most people are fucking idiots.

Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Arjuna
    @mxdirector: Looks like you were wrong!  All that passive-agressiveness, and for what?  You were wrong.  MGS4 is not and never will be coming to the 360, because it is not technically possible.  The game utilizes technological advancements in blu-ray video that the 360 and DVD simply cannot emulate.  hahaha!  It tastes so sweet!
    Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Arjuna
    @mxdirector said:
    "so many things wrong? such as? the only arguments i have heard so far is from grammar elitist twats.so tell me all the things wrong with my points.as for your audio comment, ill only say this. no one has complained about the audio on any 360 title (which uses lower quality audio). and very few people complain about the low qualty audio on itunes."

@mxdirector:

Grammar elitist twats?  I think other forum posts simply were framing their argument better than you were, using more substantial facts.  Maybe MGS4 will come out next year, right?  Oh, wait, it'll never be possible.  bwahahaha!  God of War 3 looks great too!
    mxdirector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mxdirector

wow, you really are holding on to the smallest of victories.
    im just laughing at you now, you are really pathetic. :)

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Azteck
    @Arjuna: Why are you even writing in here? You're obviously a PS3 fanboy, maybe you should stick to that forum?
    Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Arjuna
    @Azteck: 
    " @Arjuna: Why are you even writing in here? You're obviously a PS3 fanboy, maybe you should stick to that forum? "
    I own all 3 systems and a PSP.  I guess that makes me a fanboy four-times over?  This forum has the word "PS3" in it, and you don't think it's appropriate for PS3 "fanboys" to be posting in it?  Are you saying that this is exclusively an XBOT forum?  PS3 seems to have all the exclusives this coming fiscal year.  For the hardcore gamers anyways.  Dancing ridiculously in front of a Natal camera doesn't appeal to me; have fun with that.
    Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Arjuna
    @mxdirector:
    @mxdirector said:
    " wow, you really are holding on to the smallest of victories.im just laughing at you now, you are really pathetic. :) "
    Dude, I have private messages that you sent to me calling me a retard, that I don't know anything.  You were wrong the whole time.  In one of the messages you sent me you demanded that I apologize when MGS4 is announced to come to the 360 at e3.  You are an argumentative, passive-aggressive jack-ass.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @Arjuna said:
    "@mxdirector: Looks like you were wrong!  All that passive-agressiveness, and for what?  You were wrong.  MGS4 is not and never will be coming to the 360, because it is not technically possible.  The game utilizes technological advancements in blu-ray video that the 360 and DVD simply cannot emulate.  hahaha!  It tastes so sweet! ""

As someone who actually knows how that technology works, this made me laugh so hard. If you even knew how in-game cut-scenes were made, you wouldn't even attempt to believe any of that shit you write. in-game cut scenes take megabytes at the very most, they are made with code and text files, the footage is rendered real-time in the engine, i'd like to see you try and explain how advancements in bluray video technology help with that in any way?

You can't, because it doesn't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.