Favorite Moments (Possible Spoilers)

#1 Posted by AlucardaLaCarte (108 posts) -

I remember thinking this was one of, if not the, greatest game ever made because of the number of amazing moments. My personal favorite is the microwave hallway because I damn near broke my finger hitting triangle and when Snake fell down, I literally shouted at my screen "GET UP!!!! GET UP YOU OLD FUCK!!!! KEEP GOING YOU OLD BASTARD!!!"
Which...I can't even remember the last game that made me shout not out of frustration, but because I'm so into it. Thoughts? Favorite moments?

#2 Posted by HistoryInRust (6293 posts) -
AlucardaLaCarte said:
"I remember thinking this was one of, if not the, greatest game ever made because of the number of amazing moments. My personal favorite is the microwave hallway because I damn near broke my finger hitting triangle and when Snake fell down, I literally shouted at my screen "GET UP!!!! GET UP YOU OLD FUCK!!!! KEEP GOING YOU OLD BASTARD!!!"
Which...I can't even remember the last game that made me shout not out of frustration, but because I'm so into it. Thoughts? Favorite moments?"
I remember shouting a lot when I was trying to fight Solidus atop that building in New York in Sons of Liberty.  Both out of frustration and joy of completing the game. 
#3 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

The first two acts...when I was actually playing a game, instead of watching one.

#4 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2498 posts) -

Same as yours, the microwave part was great and incredibly memorable.

Kush said:

"The first two acts...when I was actually playing a game, instead of watching one."
Oh my god! Kush your so damn funny! I've never heard that joke in my life!
#5 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

Coolest Moment is totally the last fight with Liquid. Hearing all the music, the different names.

Made me a happy MGS boy.

#6 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
TheGamerGeek said:
"Oh my god! Kush your so damn funny! I've never heard that joke in my life!"
Thank you, thank you. I'm here all night!!! Don't forget to leave tips in the plastic cup by the door. :)
#7 Posted by TheWorstPlayerEver (390 posts) -

I would have to say the final fight with Liquid and the cutscene where Raiden is cutting up all those Gekko in the second act

#8 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
TheWorstPlayerEver said:
"the cutscene where Raiden is cutting up all those Gekko in the second act"
That was quite fantastic!...I put this together and added the Ninja Gaiden music by the Minibosses :)

#9 Posted by AlucardaLaCarte (108 posts) -

Yeah the fistfight was the second best part by a narrow margin. Great fight that really looked like two guys just beating the shit out of each other.

#10 Posted by hazelnutman (1097 posts) -

One of my favorite moments for me was the end of Act 3 (I think) when Liquid was cornered and stuff, only to escape with his hilarious finger gun pointing.

*overkill amount of soldiers and firearms aimed at Liquid*
"AW YEAH, LIQUID'S SCREWED NOW!!!"
*Liquid starts doing that finger gun thing and pwns everyone*
"WTF?! LOL"

Of course, every moment in Shadow Moses was a blast. The Liquid VS Snake final battle scene was amazing too.

#11 Posted by AlucardaLaCarte (108 posts) -
#12 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Yeah the fistfight with the different 'eras' of snake and ocelot witht he corresponding health bar and music changes just left me with the biggest smile on my face ever i was just so happy they did that :D

#13 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -

the fight between snake and ocelot was awesome as was the microwave bit where it was showing the other battles. Raiden vs Gekko and Vamp still kicks ass no matter how many times i see it

#14 Posted by The_Icon (573 posts) -

My favorite moment.........was returning to Shadow Moses.

#15 Posted by The_Icon (573 posts) -

Not to mention Liquid's "Guns of the Patriots" cutscene at the end of ACT 3.

#16 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Ocelot pwning Snake at the docks, their last fight, staring at Naomi's breasts, Snake schooling Johnny again, that part where Snake drops his cig to check out Naomi, the psycho mantis scene with a DS3, more Naomi, everything about returning to Shadow Moses

#17 Posted by AutomaticSnake (390 posts) -

for me it was the Rex vs Ray fight

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.