Hard mode is hard

#1 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -

Been playing through Big Boss Hard and the game is significantly more challenging than Solid Normal! I'm pleased by that.

How much harder is The Boss Extreme, for example?

#2 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -

Big Boss Extreme is extreme. The question is do you have the balls to rise to the challenge? Theres no turning back.

#3 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -
AaronBelfast said:
"Big Boss Extreme is extreme. The question is do you have the balls to rise to the challenge? Theres no turning back."
chill buddy there is a pause button in which you can turn back into the main menu  :P
#4 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

The Boss Extreme is pretty easy if you're following a no-kill, no-alert run. Sure, you'll be restarting a heck of a lot, but it's better than going in gun blazin' and stuff.

#5 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

Real men play video games on hard.  Are you a real man?

#6 Posted by Solid_SnakeXx (1771 posts) -

Liquid normal is normal.

#7 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -
Solid_SnakeXx said:
"Liquid normal is normal.
"
Solid normal is.... solid.
#8 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

MGS4 is significantly easier than 2 and 3. It took me several attempts to get close to Big Boss rank on MGS2, and I got the MGS4 BBE on my first attempt.

#9 Posted by hazelnutman (1097 posts) -

It's not THAT hard considering the weapons like the Rail Gun you get on the second playthrough.

#10 Posted by calf_exercises (858 posts) -

Man extreme will kick your ass so hard you wear it like a hat.
But yes It took me 19 hours to play through it on hard the first time and I skipped a fair amount of cut scenes.

#11 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

I hope they patch in European Extreme for PAL regions.

#12 Posted by calf_exercises (858 posts) -
Demilich said:
"I hope they patch in European Extreme for PAL regions."

that is a great idea lol
#13 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

The Boss Extreme isn't as hard as the previous European extreme modes. Plus certain weapons make it a lot easier while still being okay for the BBE like the solar gun.

#14 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -

Certainly, being able to save is making the whole BBE thing a lot easier.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.