Has anyone played the single player while wearing a headset?

#1 Posted by imayellowfellow (558 posts) -

its my fourth playthrough (i know only fourth!?! so little) and i just found out u can use a bluetooth headset as a way to receive incoming codec alerts. its a pretty cool novelty and definitely makes the playthrough more exciting

#2 Posted by MaceWisdom (57 posts) -

Wow. I didn't know this. Thanks!

#3 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Holy crap... I have to try this soon.

#4 Posted by Funglip (25 posts) -

I noticed this option on day 1 since a few years back I posed a few MGS4 suggestions on IGN and one of them was to have a option of using headset to hear codec conversations.  Ocaton is to be heard through the headset and Snake's voice would output through the speakers and we would be able to play while listening to the codec in real time(overused term at that time).
Then many seem to like that idea so I sent the suggestion on the Kojima Production site.

When I tried this feature, I was disappointed that only codec calls during gameplay uses this feature; I stopped wearing my headset after the 1st two hours or so as it was hurting my ear and I didn't hear much from it.
So yeah it's kinda gimmicky since those codec moments were kinda rare.  I kinda hoped those important codec calls would happen during gameplay so then this feature would add to the gameplay. 
Anyway codec in MGS4 wasn't as big as others in the series to begin with.  

But I've got to say It's pretty rad when your idea is actually put into the game. (rather they got it from me or not)

#5 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -

That's pretty darn cool. May have to do that. :)

#6 Posted by Met2609 (555 posts) -

*Rushes to PS3 to try this*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.