Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

HDTV question

clubsammich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By clubsammich

Hi I just bought a ps3 with a copy of this game and I was wondering, Does playing on an hdtv make any BIG difference in the visuals?I only ask because I was thinking of buying an hdtv(money is kind of short at the moment for me, I had to buy a used ps3) So should I buy an hdtv or will it look just as goon on standerd def?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

HD will always make a difference.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By fr0br0

I play on a SDTV and it is very playable. But there are much crisper visuals on a HDTV.

SaucySala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SaucySala

Textures, in particular, always look way better on an HDTV. Think of it as playing a PC game with all the effects turned all the way up, but running it at a much lower resolution. It still looks good. Just not as good as it could look.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.